My Atkins Journey and diary

Morning Julz

Morning Jim.

Good evening,
Not had a bad day today.
Breaky was 2 poached eggs mashed up with butter along with a slice of ham and corned beef.
Lunch a very late in the day pepperami
Dinner belly pork strips fried in spices and butter with kale and greens.
So not a day of pigging on much...yet.
Not drank enough yet so better get a move on.

well just did a keto test but nothing, still just pale pink. It was the same a few years back, the sticks never changed colour once. Go figure.

I have never used the sticks Julz, just trust the diet, if you are following it right you should be in ketosis xx

Quak said:
I have never used the sticks Julz, just trust the diet, if you are following it right you should be in ketosis xx

Thx Bren,
They have never worked for me, thought this time would be different.

Pale pink does mean you're in ketosis, though? At least, mine are naturally sort of beige, and pale pink is the colour most people should be at when they're in ketosis but very well hydrated?

I'm a bit of a stick addict. Just find them reassuring.

Morning Julz :)

Oh right i didnt think i was. Ok well its not doing much then. He he

Today ok so far. In aberdeenshire and the sun is shining.
Breakfast was 2 eggs scrambled with tsp mayo and 3 slices of ham
Lunch is corned beef, cucumber and egg filler wrapped in lettuce x2.
Dinner will be cheeseburger pie cooked last night along with veggies.
Snacks. Pepperami and cheese strings.

Morning all.
Hope everyone is well. Having some scrambled egg with pastrami. Going to check my calories as still not budging. Carbs are within limit so must be cals. We shall see.

Morning Jim. ;)

So been a lovely day up here. Was like a hazy summers day.
Lunch was quick. Corned beef slice with tsp chicken/bacon filler wrapped in lettuce x2
Just had a pepperami stick.
Cheeseburger pie for dinner again. Had made 2 in individual pots ready to be heated.
Does anyone actually know their calorie intake in a day. Ive been using the fitness ap and it seems pretty acurate and i am easily coming in at over 1200 per day which i know is the average but would prefer to intake less.
Whats your thoughts?

You don't want to have less. 1000 calories is what Atkins recommends for his 'fasting' diet which shouldn't be followed for more than 3 days. I'd say my average is between 1400 - 1600 but it's more on hungry days and less on others. But don't go under 1200 - you need to be taking in most of your calories from fat and as fat is calorie dense that would make for tiny portions.

Ok, that makes sense. Will look at other things. Think my book finally arrived, second one now.
Will catch up in a bit, been a tad manic from the moment i opened the door.
X

Morning Julz ;)

evening Jim.

Hi julz, how are you doing today? :)

You asked about calories per day - im using myfitnesspal and although im not really tracking cals only carbs, i reckon i have about 1700-2000 carbs per day depending on my dance classes. Might be undercalled as i dont bother put all the olive oil and butter in properly. Parties or drinks sessions means the calories can shoot up though :eek:

The exciting thing about atkins from my perspective is i seem to be able to lose weight without going hungry - but i dont cheat on carbs! (have had one planned carbfest dinner since i started)

rosebug said:
You must have a VERY high ketosis threshold, Katie.

;)

Well based on height and weight and sedentary lifestyle, my fitness pal recommends 1790 cals to lose a pound a week. Throw in a few dance classes and even straight cal in/out diet shows a loss. I am also being very careful on the carbs and not having any bars or sweets.

Lucky for me Atkins is more effective than just cal counting:)

Comes back to ithe dea of how we can get our body burning fat all time as per Gary Taubes by dealing with insulin and making sure body knows that it's not starving/restricted.

Now if I could just give up the wine......:)

No, no. Reread what I quoted. Your cal level sounds fine. I think I hit the same sometimes and I'm half a foot shorter!

Back