My attempt at muffin in a minute.....

DQ

Queen of the Damned
...well I got flaxseeds from Asda, baking powder, etc and with Nina as my little chef hit the kitchen to make my 'Muffin in a Minute' :D

Flaxmeal - does that mean I need to grind up the flaxseeds?! :confused: Can't find a grinder, and using a spoon caused nil effect. Ah well, it'll just be extra crunchy! :eek:

1/4 cup of flaxmeal - where the heck are the measuring cups?!! Oh yeah, not unpacked from the move yet and I have no idea what box they are in!! Quick trip online for a conversion - popular theory seems to be approx 3.5 tablespoons!!

Managed to do the rest of the recipe with no ill effects, then watched through the window of the microwave as the concoction rose in the mug.

Looks a bit like a cd muffin when you take it out, but onto a plate, turn it on it's side and take a slice. Oh my :drool: :drool: Now that is really nice!!

It's like a chunk of nutty bread with the seeds, and because left it in a little too long it's a bit crunchy like eating the end of a loaf!! Yummy!!! :D:D

Need to sink a load of water to help the flaxseed along, but that was rather a lovely breakfast :clap: Thanks Buffydog for the recipe :thankyou:

Go DQ!! Just showed my mam and she said that's exactly how she did it. She's a skinny now, but she lost a few stone by following a low carb diet :)

She says "attempt breadmaking, it's rewarding" xxx

Breadmaking?! Hmmm, now that could be interesting. Am reading about flaxbread - not sure the toilet could handle the combined effects of all that flaxseed :eek: :eek: :rotflmao:

ooh now that does sound good :drool: Just a thought, how quickly will all that flax hit my system - I am meant to be going out tonight and I don't want to be a tooty-pop :eek:

TOOTY-POP?!?!

ROFL!!

Ok was lucky - not too tooty pop :D Today made my muffin in a minute in a square bowl so it came out like a thick slice of bread :drool: And in the oven I currently have flaxmeal bread, although more flax-seed bread cos still not got the hang of grinding these darn things :p

Well my flaxseed bread turned into flaxmeal buns cos I left the bread tin at the old house :( But they are very nice, esp with a dab of cream cheese on them :drool:

Muffin in a Minute

allowed on Induction

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter

(total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

yes you can!!

Let me know how it goes. Once I have sorted out a grinder, I'm going to start trying some of the others too :)

Back