My auntie has passed away.........

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by skinnymonkey1day, 31 October 2007 Social URL.

1. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi all I have not been on for a few days as my aunt passed away on sunday evening, she was 85 and was diagnosed with cancer in february of this year. I have been really struggling for a couple of months now but this has just totally gutted me... You can guess but I have not been ss since monday and I feel terrible..:cry:I have to get back on it but my head is all over the place so I thought I would come on here for some support. Thanks for listening.

Sharon xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sallies

sallies Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    so sorry to hear that, take time for yourself and perhaps work down the plans to allow you some time to come to terms with whats happened. SS is hard enough without such an emotional issue to deal with.

skinnymonkey1day likes this.
  4. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Aww Skinnymonkey - so so sorry to hear your news hun. Hugs for you :hug99::hug99:

You just need to focus on getting yourself sorted before you think about the diet - it can wait and you have enough on your plate without added diet pressures. If your head isn't in it, there's no point trying and failing.

Chin up hunni, I know it doesn't seem like it but the big black cloud will eventually lift x

5. Lovelyjoolz

Lovelyjoolz Loving Life!

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.58%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I'm so sorry hunnie, that's such sad news.

Don't be hard on yourself if you're going to give it another go. Working down the plans might be a good way for you to get started, but don't beat yourself up if you don't manage it first time - you're going through a lot and you need to be nice to yourself.

We are all behind you babe, and you've done fantastically well so far - you're pictures look amazing - Good luck!!!

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Sorry to hear your bad news. And can understand how the diet is not at the top of your list at the moment. My thoughts are with you and your family

Irene xx

7. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    Sharon,

I don't know what to say, but I am sending you hugs... you need to look after you at the moment, the diet will be here once you are ready..

Love

8. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    [​IMG]

Sorry to hear of your sad loss, my thoughts are with you & the family....xxx

9. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

So sorry to hear about your auntie I know it wont cheer you up any but here is a hug anyway.:hug99: x

10. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    im sending some more big hugs your way . somethings are more important than a diet . sorry to hear of your loss.

11. Busybee

Busybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(7.73%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Big hugs to you at this difficult time:)

12. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    [​IMG]just wanted to send you this angel.....thinking of you at this sad time.

Good after yourself, take care

Hedgemag
    xx

13. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    Some hugs from me too :grouphugg:I'm sorry to hear about your Auntie :(

14. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Sending hugs x

15. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss Sharon. My thoughts are with you and your Family at this time.

Huge hugs are coming your way.

Kerry-Ann
    xx

16. skinnymonkey1day

Diet:
    slimming world
    big thankyou

Just wanted to say a big thanks to all of you it means such a lot to have people that care, as u have said the diet can wait. The funeral is next tuesday so need to focus on that. :cry:she was more like a nan to me. she is my dads sister but never had any children of her own so she treated me really special. I really do miss her.

sharon xx

17. longtobeslim

longtobeslim Full Member

Sorry to hear your sad news.Lucyxx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Hi Sharon,

My hubbys nan died today as well. She was 96 and people say 'shes had a good innings' which she has, but its terrible seeing people you love devastated. My hubby and his dad are inconsolable. There is nothing I can say to either of them or you that will make you feel any better................its just going to take time for the pain to ease a bit. After the funeral next week then things slowly start to return to normal and even though you are still going to be upset each day it should get a bit better hun.

Sharon......lots of hugs your way.
    x

20. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Hi Sharon,

I do feel for you. This year I lost my most favourite and loved Uncle Syd at the age of 95. He was more like a grandparent to me and a great great strength in my life.

He was very norty, ate all the wrong things, fat , sugar, was a cake maker of the highest standard worked most of the top restaurants and Harrods, loved his brandy too.

He was the last of nine siblings, my dad died of cancer when he was only 67.

He always taught me that life was for living.

I wish you strength during this hard time, think of yourself and take time to heal when the time is ready you will come back ready for your next challenge.

Next Tuesday celebrate her life, laugh at the good times and memories, life is too short to be sad and I bet that is the last thing she would want.

There are people in our lives that have a great impact she was like a nan to you and my Uncle Syd was like a grandad - he was the eldest of nine. We will never forget them but must draw on our memories of all the things they told us and taught us we are an extension of them in a way.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Linda

21. skinnymonkey1day

Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks

Thank you for all your kind words. It has really got to me but it is great comfort to know so many people do care. I will get back on track after the funeral on Tuesday . Dont worry I will not give up. I have not come this far to give up.xxxx:(

:thankyou: everyone xxxxxx

sharon xx

22. shellyamber

shellyamber Full Member

Diet:
    meal replacement
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.