My Big Belly Journey

Steph1980

Well i thought it would be easier to start a new thread after my Non-Starter one, seeing as so many of you like to keep posted on my progress.

This will be my second Baby, my DD is now 3 and totally adorable. I was 17st when I had her, put didn't put an once of weight on for the 9 months I was pregnant! Clever huh! So I'm hoping this will be the same, but seeing as I feel totally different this time round already, I doubt I'll be that lucky.

I had my DD by Csection at 37 weeks because my liver was causing me problems, giving me high blood test readings and itching all over. I really hope that once I get past the whole 12 week point, we can start getting excited and telling family and friends the news. And I would love a natural birth.....but I'm getting ahead of myself, anything could happen in the next few weeks.

Anyway, I am still on a journey of weight loss too, I know I need to be careful and sensible, but I really want to try and not put too much weight on. My scales only go up to 19st!!!!!

Lots of love and I'll keep you all posted on this thread.

This is such wonderful news and you sound so positive Steph. I wish you all the success in the world both with the pregnancy and with keeping your weight nice and steady.

Providing you're eating enough of all the nutrients necessary for the healthy growth of the baby then that's the main thing. However, you have to be guided by your obstetric team - they'll know about how may cals you should be eating etc. You're a precious vessel carrying a precious cargo right now and everyone should be taking extra special care of you.

Can't wait to hear about your progress as the weeks and months go by - it's like our own Minimins serial :)

Still feeling sick

I tell you all what. Being pregnant is just about the best way to lose weight. I feel so sick most of the time so I'm not eating a lot.

We told everyone at the weekend and everyone was totally happy with our news. My mother-in-law is driving me a little mad already, I think she see's me as a grand child producer and even said 'hello pregnant lady' to be the other day. Maybe I'm being over sensitive but I just like to be left alone to get on with it - it you know what I mean.

Hope everyone is well and has hit the new year with happy thoughts and high spirits

Lots of love

i lost tons of weight during all 3 of my pregnancies. last one i was 3 stones lighter at 9 months pregnant than when i had joined slimming world at 2 months pregnant. then lost another stone in baby weight, making it 4 stones in all. my problem is that i also love to put it all back on afterwards :eek:

so, if i can lose weight safely pregnant, u definately can! you'd just have to keep an eye on it afterwards...unlike me :eek:

best of luck xxxx

best of luck with your pg! I was sick the entire way through, I know how horrible it is. I was even throwing up in labour, which I thought was well unfair!

Amy

End of the Journey

Sorry I haven't written for so long..........

Our beautiful baby boy Luke was born on Friday 24th August at 17:12 weighing 8lbs.

After complications during the birth Luke struggled to breath by himself and was very pale and cold, he perked up and was handed to me. A very special hour passed where we had cuddles and photos, however his condition worsened and he was taken to special care where he was ventilated and treated.

After numerous procedures and tests and no real improvement in his condition, he arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning, and passed away at 02:20. We were both by his side at the time.
:cry:

steph, im so sorry for your loss. im crying as i write this. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. xxx

Steph I am so sorry to hear your news. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling but you are in my thoughts.
Lots of love
Irene xx

Steph, darling, can't find the words or imagine your pain.

So very very sorry.

Lots of love to you and your family at this tragic time.

Lacey xxx

my thoughts will be with you & your familly. cherish the few memories & momentos you have
xx

Its always hard to know what to write as words cant express how you feel.

My thoughts are with you, and my prayers too x

Dear Steph
I'm devastated to hear your news - what a tragedy. I lost my baby boy Alex many years ago so I know what you must be going through right now.

If you need to talk or vent, please feel free to PM me - even if it's long after the initial wave of shock and things seem to have moved on for other people ... I know the grieving process for the parents can continue for much longer than some people imagine.

You're in my thoughts xx

Steph, I am so sorry to hear you news hun. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are all going through. Take care and do come back if you need to write your feelings down, we are all here for you if you need us .....xxxxxxxx

So sorry to hear, what an awful, awful time for you and your family. Thinking of you.

Love

Luke's Funeral

Today is Luke's funeral

I'm on here trying to keep my mind distracted from the events that are about to occur this afternoon. Thought you'd like to read the last part of the reading we are having, and maybe if you think of it............

"So if you find you have the chance,
No matter where you are,
Look up at the sky tonight,
It's got a brand new star."

Hopefully my profile picture has changed and should now display beautiful little Luke

Steph
xxx

A beautiful little boy - My thoughts and prayers are with you. x

Those are very moving sentiments Steph. Luke is, indeed, a gorgeous angel baby.
The world's loss is heaven's gain; and the sky is brighter tonight with its most beautiful new star.

I know that mere words can't be of any help right now Steph but hopefully it may be of some small comfort to know that so many people hold you in their thoughts xx

Sorry I haven't written for so long..........

Our beautiful baby boy Luke was born on Friday 24th August at 17:12 weighing 8lbs.

After complications during the birth Luke struggled to breath by himself and was very pale and cold, he perked up and was handed to me. A very special hour passed where we had cuddles and photos, however his condition worsened and he was taken to special care where he was ventilated and treated.

After numerous procedures and tests and no real improvement in his condition, he arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning, and passed away at 02:20. We were both by his side at the time.
:cry:

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, it's the most tragic news.
Luke's picture is beautiful, I'll look out for that new star.

Back