My Big Fat Journal

Okay, so it might be a little early on in my journey to suddenly throw caution to the wind and loudly declare my undying love. I mean, it's hardly an established affair, we've only had relations for 5 short weeks after all. The cynics would probably say we were still very much in that "Honeymoon phase."

I don't wanna jinx anything so I'm not going to use the "L" word just yet. But I am going to tell you that I really, really, really, really, really like Slimming World! ?

I'd been a slimming club virgin 6 weeks ago. I'd just never really thought about joining one, primarily, I suppose, because I hadn't really made losing weight an actual priority until just before Christmas, when I saw a hideous photo of a fat girl, that had been tagged as me on Facebook :-/

I managed to shift 7lbs by going to the gym and limiting my calorie intake. But then I hit a bit of a brick wall and couldn't seem to lose any more. I love exercise, but I also love food (and I use the "L" word with full meaning this time!) but instead of stocking up on fruit & veggies I'd just use all my calories up on crap, like chocolate & chips :-/

So anyway, I found myself seeking guidance and support in my local Slimming World group :)

And here's how I'm getting on so far...

Wk 1. 1lb loss
Wk 2. 5lbs loss ( :-D )
Wk 3 1lb loss (half a stone award!)
Wk 4 4lbs loss (Slimmer of the week!)

Total to date: 11lbs Eeeeeek! Lol

My 5th weigh-in is on Tuesday :)

I'm pretty amazed to be honest, because I'm not feeling deprived or hungry, or any of the things you expect to feel when 'dieting.'

I'm a little suspicious, are the SW scales broken? Am I losing water? Did someone sneak into my house in the middle of the night and steal my body organs? Lol what is going on?

Can it really continue like this? I mean, really? Only time will tell I suppose, but so far I can safely say that whilst it might not be the real McCoy, i really, really, really do like Slimming World!

Xx

7lb down 25lb to go!! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done! I'm only 5 weeks into weightwatchers. You have done so well. I've treated myself to a new haircut. You deserve a treat too :)
x

Thank you!! Feeling a lil disappointed with myself today though.... It's my DD's 8th birthday, and her birthday cake keeps glaring at me :-( can't resist temptation!

Need to google some SlimmingWorld proof sweet treats! Lol Xxx

Hello :) I'm on SW. Go to the SW section of the site and look at the recipes forum. There's a wealth of syn free and low syn treats in there. Well done so far xxxx

My 6th SW weigh in (well, 7th if you include the initial one) and tonight I'm eagerly chasing my stone award! If crack it I will have lost 23lbs since I first started my w/l adventures in Dec. Something I hadn't expected at all!

Fingers crossed for me? I'd soooo love another shiny to keep me going! :)

Hope you guys & girls are all okay!

Am off to film a new fat vlog :) Xx

Back