My Biggest Challenge

slendablenda

Gold Member
Well ladies,
:secret:
I have been putting off doing this. Didn't know how to say it when to say it or even whether to say it, but you are all so open and honest on here. I will be too.
I have been diagnosed with breast cancer.:sigh:
It's a shock for me and my family:eek:
It's something you don't think will happen to you::cry:
It's the fear of the uncertainty of what will be in store for me :confused:
I've had it confirmed on one side and still having tests for a possibility on the other :mad::mad:
How can that be? I've had regular mammograms - clear.
I found a lump :0bathtime: - and now this.
So many things going round in my head as well as hospital appointments, finding out so much in a short space of time.
I have another biopsy today.
My OH and family and friends are being great and I know I'll need their support over the next few months.:grouphugg:
My LLC is also fab and there for me too. I regard her as a friend.
:psiholog:

My operation will be on May 12th. :character00264:
If you have Faith and pray, as I do, please pray for me
otherwise please just wish me well.

One thing is for sure - if I hadn't done LL I probably would not have found the bloody lump! :thinking2:
It could have saved my life...............

Oh SB(tears in my eyes)! I do wish you well Hun,thinking of you at this sad time,stay strong you will get through this.
I do feel for you so much as I lost a sister to cancer 8 yrs ago,she was only 35, but she did have other medical problems which contributed to it!
As you say though in a way LL did saved your life,as you may not have found the lump when you were bigger.
You've still come on here giving us your support,going through what you are " your an amazing woman",an inspiration to us all!
Hope all goes well with your op,sending you and your family hugs: hugs: and xx's. Take care hunny!
Sexy xx

Last edited:
Omg my lovely I am so so sorry! Stay strong and most importantly brave and positive and you can get through this definately with faith thrown in too!

My mum had it a few years back, it was heard but with the family pulling together we kept her going and us if the truth be told! We are as your extended LL family all here for you, I am sure the lovely ladies& guys won't mind me speaking on there behalf!!

I often have a word with the big man upstairs, so beautiful I will throw a pray in for you for sure!

Please be strong, I know it's hard during this time but determination really helps as silly as it sounds.

Thinking of you gorgeous xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am so sorry to hear this and you are so brave for talking about it on here. I hope that we can be some support for you. I will pray for you and your family.

Your body must be so much stronger and healthier bow you've lost weight and maintained for such a long time, I pray that this will help you fight the evil cancer off.

Big hugs and we're all here for you if / when you need us.

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh wow, sat here at work with tears in my eyes.

I will say a little prayer and lets hope its good news on the other side.

Stay strong and I'm sure you will fight it off. DOn't forget we are all here and at least you can sound off without actually looking any of us in the eye!! Sometimes you need that x x x x

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I recently had a scare, which has led to my hysterectomy (aged 31). There are some other issues which I'll know mire about and have the all clear ( hopefully) after my op on 7/5.

Will be thinking of you and wish you all the best for your op.

Xx

Sorry to hear that, please stay positive u can beat this xxx

Hello my lovely friend....

It was so good to see you yesterday, to spend some time with you - I only wish the news you had brought was not what it was. :(

You know how I feel, about you, and C, and you know I am here for you day or night. Car or no car, I will find a way to come spend time with you, as much or as little as you need.

With the power of love and faith, amazing things can happen.

I won't go on, because you know how I feel, and you know where I am.

Love you girl,

Jan
xxx

Bless you to the moon, and back.

What terrible news, I really don't know what to say apart from that you are in my thoughts and to send you a massive ((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))
( and thank goodness you have done LL and kept it off as like you said, you may never have known - plus your body is much healthier to deal with it)
love daisy xxx

SB - I know your sheer determination and such positive spirit will guide you through the next few months. I realise how scared you must be inside, not just for yourself, but those around you. You're an extremely stubborn soul and I know you will give these lumps a good kicking out of your system and will never give up the fight!
My thoughts are with you and your family. You are such an inspiration to us all here on the forums - and I know you are an equally guiding soul in your 'real life' too. You are a wonderful human being and even now, you are finding such positive thoughts in something so difficult to talk about.

Thank you for sharing this, your honesty is so encouraging. You will get through this. The fire in your heart is burning far too brightly to be quenched by something like this.

Sending you and your family many hugs. :grouphugg:

xx

I'm sorry to hear that you have cancer. I know you are strong willed and a survivor from your posts. Wishing you the best in your recovery. Xxx

Oh Hun,

All my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.
You are beginning a long journey, you are a strong and positive person who will fight her battle. We are here to support you, listen and comfort you. Remember during this time of uncertainty and non stop appointments to make time for yourself, time away even for half hour to do something for you.
take care Sam x

Really sorry to hear your news. I can only say thank God you found the lump, and without lighter life who knows if you would have.

Take no prisoners figthing the bl**dy thing. Love and nurture yourself and kick its ass! You have a good group on here that will be sending you all the prayers and positive thoughts they can. It'll be a great place to vent all those difficult feelings you may not want to share with those close to you. Accept all the help and support you can, after all you would do all that and more for others.

Good health and a swift successful treatment program.

Take care lovely girl xx

Aww Hun... :(

Listen, it's amazing what they can do these days, you'll get fixed right up by them doctors, don't you worry! Thank goodness you found the lump, that's the important bit... Now you can get fixed and be clear of it all... I have complete confidence in that... Good luck wonderful, strong, woman that you are...

Your honesty is so touching, like everyone else on here has already said, you're an inspiration as always and we love you... :)

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers... Xxxx

SB. You are an absolute legend and I huge inspiration to us all.
I'm so sorry to hear you're not well :(
It's a challenging time but please remember that we are all here for you. I know it's little comfort but if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.
You will be in my prayers Hun.
Sending you lots of love xxxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

SB

I've just come across your post whilst updating - I'm from the extante forum so we haven't chatted before but having read your post I Just wanted to wish you strength, luck & kindest wishes& prayers in fighting this. X

Oh Sweetheart SB - I missed your post here, whilst checking in on my phone, back online properly now - so catching up.

You are so right to look at the positive, you have found the lump early because you are so lovely and slim now. Being a healthy weight is so, so important.

Give your body everything it needs to fight this!! It is well documented that those with a great postive outlook like yours - do really well.

We are here to support you emotionally - the way you have done for so many of us!!

Good nutrition is a big part of healing, so everything you have learnt about healthy eating on your journey is key to helping you now!!

Kisses - Hannah xx..

Thank you everyone

As we always say this forum is such a great support when we face tough times. And you lot haven't disappointed me.
Thank you so much to everyone who has sent me messages of support. I know it will really help me through the difficult few months ahead.
I am so lucky to have wonderful family and friends - and that includes you lot.
:thankyou:

I have faith, and will pray for you. So sorry to hear what you're going through. Words aren't enough really. (I had a breast cancer scare just before Christmas and had to have a biopsy at the Royal Marsden - they were amazing. Very kind. The uncertainty and fear were the worst for me... try to remember that whatever happens you are loved.)

You are always such a wonderful support to all of us on here I only wish I could send some strength and support back to you. I will be hoping they found it early enough - it's amazing what doctors/surgeons can do these days. Stay strong (very easy for me to say that I know and so difficult to do). xxx

Darling SB, I have only just come across this awfully sad post. Im so sorry that you are unwell, but have faith that you will fight it hard. Your body is a temple of strength and you are a strong woman. i have prayed for you and wish u well xxxxxx

Back