my boyfriends father will not let us get married as i am fatter than my boyfriend

right here goes take 2:

i have now been on cd for 4 weeks straight

my stats
june 08 - weigh in 18 stone 6lb
aug 09 - 17 stone 4lb
18/02/09: 16stone 4lb - pre cd diet for two weeks - went istanbul for 1 weeks put on 2lbs- weigh in was 15stone 6lb

18/03/09 - 1st week of ss - 14.12
25/03/09 - 2nd week - 14.7
010409- 3rd week 14.2
130409 - 4th week 13.11

im doing this for myself, my boyfriend is the best thing thats happend to me ever, unfortunatly in our culture its important parents accept the marriage and yes its infuriating but its made me hell of a lot determined- that i thank my FIL for - besides that i agree with all the above comments,

my bf has told his father last night he will marry me without or without him, lets just hope my parents are ok with this- please pray for me xxx

p.s iv got a size 16 dress on thats falling off- wooohooooo

Last edited:
I know how you feel as with my background, the parents opinion is very important as well and I get very frustrated sometimes when my English friends turn around and say "tell your parents to f* off"... as if.

My mother is Japanese and tells me on a daily basis that I am fat and the reason I'm not married is because no one wants someone who is fat to be with them... and when I lost my job last year, apparently it was because I was fat and that clearly shows that I have no self control therefore I lost my job... etc etc etc...

I know where you're coming from, at least it's your father in law, not your actual parents!

Anyway, do try and do this for yourself, even if part of the motivation comes from elsewhere. I am on week 4 of SS+ too and haven't actually lost much weight but I am trying to stay positive and carry on!

Good luck sweet heart! And congratulations on your engagement!!

Well done for getting back on it and seeing it through, you're doing really well!

wow your doing brilliantly hun, congratulations

i hope your father in law comes around soon but if not sounds like your OH is a great support to you

you're doing really well on this diet. go sock it to your cheeky FIL.

:eek: I'm pleased I have such a supportive family - some people are just so rude! I would have been knocked sideways if my father-in-law had said such a wicked thing or as with Alli having her mum tell her she is too fat to be married. :eek:

What horrible people!! Where do they get off?? I am so grateful for my supportive bf and mum now. You're doing brilliantly. How will you feel if FIL suddenly thinks it's "OK" when you're slim???

Congratulations on how well you have done on CD so far... when is the wedding planned for ? is it likely that your future FIL will come round to the idea of attending your wedding, even if you are not stick thin ? and how would that make you feel ?

I cannot comment on backgrounds or religions, but I would have thought it was pretty important to anyone to have a supportive family around them.. but if that is not to be the case then so be it - you and your OH will be happy and that, eventually, is all that matters

Sending you hugs - oh and BTW - Your future SIL sounds a cow as well !!!

T
x

The bloke sounds like a proper Bell End. Gotta ask yourself if you really want to meet him or want approval from somebody like that!

iv been on ss+ for the last two weeks weigh in today and im
13.4 wohoo

my target is 11 stones considering im 5ft 6 and big boned wohoo so 2.4 stones off target- need to keep motivated

Well done. x :D

I hope your boyfriend is sticking up for you ...what an awful; thing for FIL to say. I wonder is he a 'perfect' shape and health is a non smoker who only eats pure good food, and never drinks a pint or two .... until he is like this then he has no room to comment on anyone.

my lord your doing really well on the weight loss keep it up

i am a size 18 25 yr old girl- not bad looking- considered stunning by most- my partner and i have been together for 3 years now, we ahve told are parnets of our intentions for there blessing, however my father in law without seeing me refuses to meet me becuase he has been told by his daughter i am a 'big gal'

this has hurt me very badly, though i was never happy with my body image for him to say this has broken me, i cant feel sorry for myself and want to do some thing about this -

i haev lost two and half stones last year however struggling to lose anymore- i am going on cd fro today but know i will struggle... please help...

Your father in law is cruel and sounds like you and your partner was happy how you was before , please if you loose weight do it for yourself i too lost weight before due to rants of a ex calling me fat everyday and have had a complex ever since... i am a lot better know and willneevr feel happy fat, justhate it when people put people down due to there size x

Back