My brand spanking new diary.....

Omg, the same thing happened to me re: sweet stuff yesterday. Fortunately I didn't have any 'proper' chocolate in, but I still stuffed my face with 3 alpen lights and a chocolate hobnob in the evening. I didn't even feel any better whilst eating them! Just felt like a bit of a failure and didn't even get an 'im eating bad stuff, this is so yummy homnomnom' high!

It's annoying isn't it?! And then it really puts me back, i'm already having slow losses and ready to give up to be honest. I suffer from low blood sugar anyways and had a bad attack this morning but usually it's controlled!

So today I hadn't quite decided what I was doing. First decided I was going back to calorie counting then decided I wasn't. Ended up going for a 5 mile walk to local shops where I ended up with low blood sugar and could just about walk. Decided in the end to make the day a SW day despite having syns throughout the day.

My problem lies with thinking about food too much and it's really getting me down, like today i have eaten and have got a HEb left for later, no syns. And i'm planning on when I can have it. Why can't I wait til i'm hungry? and if I'm hungry then have it? I feel like I'm at breaking point and which I could be like everyone else and not worry about food so much. I've been doing this for 10 years now, i have around 11lbs to lose and to be honest i haven't really lost anything since being on SW, I don't even know where the time has gone! Just feels like i've been yo-yo ing and i'm still no further forward :-(

Ideally what I would like to do is stick to SW as if i'm not losing i'm maintaining weight and then increase my exercise, i'm hoping that will move the weight. I love SW and how you don't have to weigh anything or know how many calories are in this or that so ideally would like to stick to this. I would like to re join a class but I would be more satisfied to go it alone as I know I can stick to it or I think I am sticking to it!

Anyways, not sure if i'm going to post a diary or if I am I will post one the next day instead of constantly keeping a running tab of what I am eating.

Thankyou

So today I hadn't quite decided what I was doing. First decided I was going back to calorie counting then decided I wasn't. Ended up going for a 5 mile walk to local shops where I ended up with low blood sugar and could just about walk. Decided in the end to make the day a SW day despite having syns throughout the day.

My problem lies with thinking about food too much and it's really getting me down, like today i have eaten and have got a HEb left for later, no syns. And i'm planning on when I can have it. Why can't I wait til i'm hungry? and if I'm hungry then have it? I feel like I'm at breaking point and which I could be like everyone else and not worry about food so much. I've been doing this for 10 years now, i have around 11lbs to lose and to be honest i haven't really lost anything since being on SW, I don't even know where the time has gone! Just feels like i've been yo-yo ing and i'm still no further forward :-(

Ideally what I would like to do is stick to SW as if i'm not losing i'm maintaining weight and then increase my exercise, i'm hoping that will move the weight. I love SW and how you don't have to weigh anything or know how many calories are in this or that so ideally would like to stick to this. I would like to re join a class but I would be more satisfied to go it alone as I know I can stick to it or I think I am sticking to it!

Anyways, not sure if i'm going to post a diary or if I am I will post one the next day instead of constantly keeping a running tab of what I am eating.

Thankyou

Hi Vic, how are you feeling today?

Sorry I didn't reply to this one last night but I had had a vino and didn't want to rush off a reply without some thought.

It's a difficult one that maybe only you can answer. We all get a bit obsessive about SW, especially in the beginning when we are all freshly committed. I think you are giving yourself a hard time about thinking about food and planning ahead ... look at your job ... you're a planner! Also, you are off for a 2 week break now so school isn't on your mind so much at the mo and the other biggie in your life is SW, so maybe that's why you are thinking about it more than usual. We are out of routine this week which makes life a bit harder.

I can only tell you one thing for definite ... you have done well to either lose a bit or maintain your weight over the last few years. When I was going through my 20s the weight only went one way! So if you can take any positives away from being on SW for so long it is this ... well done!

xx

Thankyou Ali for taking the time to reply. Feeling positive today and starting again.

Decided to stick to EE from now on as I don't remember struggling as much before I started dabbling in success express, red days and green days. Taking one day at a time and even then I'm not taking that too far. Planning meal by meal and going to enjoy it. As you say my job involves me planning constantly, my whole year, weeks days etc are planned for. I do like to plan but can get too much at times. My problem is I'm a worrier, I worry about everything.

I've decided to do something to take my mind off food, keep my fingers busy. Been searching high and low for ideas and last night I thought of jewellery making. Quite excited about it actually as it could be a nice thing to do and could even get selling on eBay if I'm any good at it. It looks like it's something cheap to do to be fair.

Anyways as it's lunchtime im off to make a SW pizza and salad (which I'm excited I've started to like having a salad now lol)

Hope you have a good day. X

Thankyou Ali for taking the time to reply. Feeling positive today and starting again.

Decided to stick to EE from now on as I don't remember struggling as much before I started dabbling in success express, red days and green days. Taking one day at a time and even then I'm not taking that too far. Planning meal by meal and going to enjoy it. As you say my job involves me planning constantly, my whole year, weeks days etc are planned for. I do like to plan but can get too much at times. My problem is I'm a worrier, I worry about everything.

I've decided to do something to take my mind off food, keep my fingers busy. Been searching high and low for ideas and last night I thought of jewellery making. Quite excited about it actually as it could be a nice thing to do and could even get selling on eBay if I'm any good at it. It looks like it's something cheap to do to be fair.

Anyways as it's lunchtime im off to make a SW pizza and salad (which I'm excited I've started to like having a salad now lol)

Hope you have a good day. X

Sounds fab!

Deffo think it's a good idea going back to EE ... makes life a whole lot easier, even though you only get one HEA/HEB.

Was your pizza nice? Did you make it with pitta bread? Mmmmm xx

it definately makes a life a whole lot easier! Make the pizza with smash but didn't leave it cooking long enough, was still nice though just a bit mushy ooops lol

Yesterday:

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEb) and a banana

Lunch
Smash pizza topped with passata, kerry low low cheese (1) with chicken, chips and salad, mullerlight

Snack
apple, pear, yoghurt (0.5)

Tea
Potato and chicken curry (added carrots) WW yoghurt

Snacks
Apple, 30g pudding rice, banana, apple, Alpen light bar (3.5)

HEa: milk in tea
Syns (5) saving for tonight, going out food should be ok but having a few drinks :)

Yesterday

Breakfast
60g pudding rice, half a mullerlight, banana

Lunch
2 quorn sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, beans, 2 scrambled egg, mullerlight

Snack
Apple

Tea
Pasta, sausage, broccoli and green beans covered in passata and baked beans sauce, milky war bar (3)

HEb 2 alpen light bars
HEa milk in tea

Syns: ?!? 25-30 on alcohol from night out. (911, 90s pop band reunion gig and after show party)

Only good thing is we raided the choc machine at end of night out, bought a wispa but never ate it :)

Another good day yesterday, feel like I'm back in the zone.

Breakfast
Pear, magic porridge, banana

Apple, Banana

Lunch
Jacket potato, beans and salad, muller yoghurt

Pear, apple, mulller yoghurt

Tea
Spaghetti carbonara, ww yoghurt

Pear, apple, 30g pudding rice, kelloggs cereal bar and yoghurt (5)

Syns (5) gonna try and continue them low as out for a meal tomorrow

HEa: primula light
HEb: porridge

(a few yoghurts in there but having one in breakfast, the jacket spud for lunch is never always filling, will limit them today)

Yesterday

Breakfast
Porridge (I think)

Apple banana

Lunch
Half pasta n sauce, satsuma

Tea
Roasted butternut squash, sweetcorn, quorn sausages. Ww yoghurt

Pudding rice (50g) milk from allowance, kelloggs cereal bar (4)

Syns (4)

Today
Breakfast
2 bacon, scrambled eggs, beans

Apple banana

Lunch/tea
Doughballs and pizza at pizza express (not sure on syns but going for more low syn days tomorrow and thurs)

Apple, mullerlight with bran flakes (part HEb)

HEa: milk

Yesterday

Breakfast
Porridge with 1 scan bran (HEb), banana

Apple, activia yoghurt

Lunch
Potatoes, quorn sausages, corn on the cob, green beans and carrots, kiwi, satsuma

Muller yoghurt, pineapple, pear

Tea
3/4 pasta n sauce (0.5) carrot and swede soup

Banana with skinny cow caramel ice cream (5)
Hot chocolate with milk from allowance (2.5) biscuit (2.5)

Syns 10.5

So today is supposed to be official weigh day but I've scrapped those, I'm just gonna check on how I'm doing every now and again. Yesterday I felt a bit lighter and fancied weighing in, it showed I'd lost a 1lb. I will not weigh today as I feel this 1lb has given me a boost.

Diary for yesterday

Breakfast
Pineapple followed by porridge HEb with scam bran 1 hour later

Banana, alpen light (3.5)

Lunch
Jacket potato with beans, kiwi

Pineapple, apple, pear, ww yoghurt

Tea
3/4 pasta n sauce (0.5) satsuma

20g pudding rice, jam (3) apple

Syns 7

Saving syns for Easter egg treat!

Yesterday

Breakfast
50g pudding rice topped with strawberries

Lunch
Carrot and swede soup, pasta with tomato sauce (passata) mullerlight left over from breakfast

Pineapple, kiwi, strawberries

Tea
Mash, quorn sausages, green beans and cabbage, gravy (3) muller light

Wispa (10.5) weetabix (HEB) apple, biscuit x 4 (10) (late night sugar attack)

Syns 23.5 ( but I did walk 9 mile yesterday so don't feel so guilty)

Hi, not updated been too busy thinking through some life changing plans! ?

Food has been ok! Bad day Sunday with tea with friends but did go swimming and had a bad night ish on tues. Decided to weigh today and another 1lb down. Coming off slowly but surely.

X

Hi, not updated been too busy thinking through some life changing plans! ?

Food has been ok! Bad day Sunday with tea with friends but did go swimming and had a bad night ish on tues. Decided to weigh today and another 1lb down. Coming off slowly but surely.

X

Glad your OK. Life changing plans sounds VERY exciting!!

Well done on the 1lb down hun! After Easter weekend as well! That's some good going!

Have a great long weekend x

Yes! Very! As long as it goes to plan.

Will try and update more but still sticking to plan. Update when I can.

Have a lovely weekend.

X

So back to recording my diary! Can't remember where I was at last time I posted, possibly where I am now. Have had a few up and down days and this weekend have been off track but cals were low ish.

I would like to lose 10lbs over the next 10 weeks. My inspiration my friends wedding in 9 weeks, my bridesmaid dress is slightly tight around chest so hopefully a few lbs should help. A few of my clothes are already fitting better from recent losses! Have a few meals out this week so will be hard but will see how things go :) x

Monday:

Biscuit (2)
B: weetabix (HEb)
S: orange, banana
L: pasta n sauce (1) pineapple, apple
S:ww yoghurt
T: jacket potato, cauliflower and quorn sausages, mullerlight
S: pudding rice, ww yoghurt, kiwi, mini milk (1.5)

syns 4.5
HEa: milk in tea

Tuesday
S: biscuit (2)
B: weetabix, orange
L: pasta n sauce (0.5), pineapple, malteaser (2)
S: banana
T: pasta, ham, petit pois covered in tomato sauce (passata and baked beans 50:50 made up) mullerlight

Syns so far 4.5

Back