My bumps journey!

You get used to the tablets, it took me a week or two but you do get used to it it's like with hayfever tablets, glad your starting to feel better. X

Thanks! They are defo making a difference and its great to hear that the sleepy feeling goes. Iv had decent two days eating wise, hitting about 1000-1200 calories. I'm pretty much lying in bed or on couch so not using many up I guess. Going to go to the gym with oh this morning, walk in treadmill for a bit and go for swim, think i need to try get active and get working towards going back to work, my job is fairly demanding, need the stamina lol x

Don't push yourself too hard and try up your calories as best you can, you need them to help get your energy back, my doc said to me even if it's sweets and lucozade upping them to the proper amount it's fine as your body needs them to help you feel better xx

Iv done exactly that and I'm feeling much better, more energy and gettin out and about. Iv just been doin 10 mins on cross trainer and walking on treadmill and doing a couple of lengths in a very small pool lol iv done well eating wise managing about 1500 to 1800. If this keeps up Il prob go back to work next week.

Have my next scan in a couple of weeks and can find out what flavour baby is. My oh would like a surprise I think but has said whatever I decide he will be happy with. Decisions!x

Had 1800 calories yest, finally getting an appetite back. Have had few aches and pains since yesterday mainly in my back and hips, my belly seems to be sprouting so think everything just stretching and accommodating, hot baths help. I weighed in on Friday and had lost a 1lb so I'm now 5lbs lighter than booking in app. Hopefully I will be able to keep on top of it and limit the damage x

1500 odd calories yesterday and that was good considering id been sick in the morning and couldnt face food. Aiming to try up veg and fruit intake which I usually enjoy but have gone right off, also can't face thought of meats so I'm running out of options lol pregnancy is so weird at times x

Glad to hear you are eating more.

How you feeling? sounds like the tablets may not be helping as much as they could :-( I was soo lucky i only ever felt sick, no vomiting for me. didnt effect weight or apitite!

Hiya and thanks!

I try not to take as many of the tablets as I can. Ur allowed 3 a day but id much rather manage on less if possible, its hard to judge it sometimes, like a balancing act lol but I'm much better than I was a few weeks ago, having to go on a drip and stay in hospital was horrible.

How far on are you? I'm almost 19 weeks and this is my 3rd. I didn't have any sickness at all with my other 2 so just been one of these things, unlucky me lol x

I used to mainly have 2 but on bad days take all 3, it is hard isnt it, hopefully it will settle down soon for you! Mine settled about 22 weeks x

Hiya and thanks!

I try not to take as many of the tablets as I can. Ur allowed 3 a day but id much rather manage on less if possible, its hard to judge it sometimes, like a balancing act lol but I'm much better than I was a few weeks ago, having to go on a drip and stay in hospital was horrible.

How far on are you? I'm almost 19 weeks and this is my 3rd. I didn't have any sickness at all with my other 2 so just been one of these things, unlucky me lol x

I'm 26+2, 1st pregnancy so all new to me. Its madness how each pregnancy can be soo different. fingers crossed for you.

Thanks ladies. Think Il be back at work next week so I'm sure that will take my mind off it lol looking forward to the routine but not really the job part! It's funny when I found out I was pregnant I was really worried bout my job and things as I have been there under a year but now I see that actually being on mat leave will give me an opportunity to mayb change things for the better.

Havnt counted yesterday yet. Had a bit of a snacky day, must try better! Lol x

Oh wow 4lb gain this morning! I can see it too lol I knew I would have put on weight cause bump has suddenly grown.

Having major mood swings and no matter how much I explain its not personal my oh is in a huff but pretending not to be which only makes me more annoyed. Just really want left alone did anyone else go thru this?

I'm also extra tired and been achey in my back and hips so I'm hoping iv had a wee growth spurt and im just adjusting to it. I'm a walking hormone lol x

Sounds just like I was, thankfully oh just pit up with it!

You will get through it promise.

Thanks! He is really understanding thankfully. The poor guy just can't do right for doing wrong and I hate myself for it, hoping once I'm back at work Il have less time to be acting like a crazy woman lol didn't really count over weekend but wasn't out of control either. Il get back to it today and focus!x

Well visit to the Drs didn't go exactly to plan! Low blood pressure, blood levels all off and need steroid cream for my face an lips which have all split and broke out. Signed off for another fortnight and to arrange reduced hours before Dr will think of signing me off. I genuinely thought I'd be going back this week. Worried what my work will be saying when I know I shouldn't care. Pregnancy this time round is so hard!x

You shouldnt be worrying what work think, these things happen.

I know if would be the same as its hard.

You being signed off is the best thing as you need to concentrate on you and baby!! Enjoy the time off, and TRY TO RELAX!!!

Thank you and u are right!

Haven't been able to watch what Im doing eating wise as sickness has been bad past few days so I'm eating what I can when I can.

Good luck to everyone!x

Weighed this morning and iv stayed the same as last week. So at 20 weeks my gain is 0lbs. All totally down to this continued sickness.

Have my scan this week and hopefully baby is growing well, I do feel lots of movement so I'm glad of that, apparently 20 weeks is when the Dr would hope to see the sickness go, but if anything I'm more sick this week and taking more of the meds which turn me into a zombie. The only thing that helps is lying down and that's really having an impact on my mood as I'm usually on the go doing things all the time, so teary and fed up. I have to rely on others to do housework and look after my kids.

I havnt seen my midwife since 15 weeks and not due to see her until 24 weeks but if I don't feel better after the scan I think Il make an appointment with her. Don't know what I'm expecting her to do but mayb some reassurance would be good, get bp and urine checked etc.

Hope you all have good weigh ins x

Not been able to count up what I'm eating due to being sick a lot. Phoned midwife today who basically said see the gp. Have to meet with work tomorro who want to discuss if there is anything they can do to support me getting back. I don't know if I'm fit for work, some days I think I am other days I know I'm defo not.

I unfortunately don't have the kind of job where I can get support from colleagues. I'm in a small project as the only nurse on duty per shift and so if I was ill at work couldn't ask someone to cover me until I felt better.

Sorry if this is tmi but iv also started to lose control of my bladder with the force of being sick its happened once when iv been out and I was so upset about it, terrified it happens if I go to work. It's obv easier to deal with in house altho I really am struggling to cope with this part of it. Feel as though midwife just brushed this aside and said as iv had babies before its to be expected. No advice given, altho I know myself to empty bladder frequently and do pelvic floor exercises. So its fair to say I'm feeling pretty rubbish, my mood is terrible and its affecting things with my oh and kids.

Sorry to anyone who reads this for rambling on think i just needed to vent. Hope ur all well x

Hey huni.

I had extreme sickness for three weeks and was put on a drip because I couldn't keep water down but I also would do a little wee! It's one of those things, a pregnant girl I work with also would wee when being violently sick so your not alone there.

Has the Dr prescribed you cyclizine yet? I think it's the only thing that stopped me from being sick, my mum had hyperemesis with me and my big sister. She gave me tips that chicken broth and jelly are good things to eat that stay down and she was right, when I came out of hospital I lived on those two for 2 weeks lol.

Hope it gets easier soon!

X x x

Back