My bumps journey!

Thank you! Iv been on cyclizine for few weeks and it worked great at start but seems to be losing effect now, or mayb I'm just having a bad week.

I'm going to try stick to things I know iv not been sick with and try get on with things best I can. It's a really awful thing to go thru. Hope you manage the rest of you're pregnancy sickness free x

I kept the wee thing a secret until the girl at work said I know this is gross but last night I threw up and did a wee, I was so relieved not to have been alone and thinking I had a weak bladder lol!

I've been ok since 12 weeks gone, I find that if I'm over tired or over hungry I will be sick but since I hit 12 weeks that's only happened about 5 times.

X x x

I have noticed that if I let myself get hungry I feel sick too.

Lol its so embarassing but it makes such a difference knowing ur not alone doesn't it? Im trying now to see the funny side of it, Us poor women and the stuff we have to go thru. No man could handle this haha x

So sickness has disappeared as quickly as it came. I just hope it stays that way and its not just coming in cycles. Have eaten like a little pig today and not caring a bit lol

Have my anomaly scan tomorro! So excited and nervous I will be up all night. It's at half 9 so thankfully im not waiting all day. I just pray everything is ok, iv had such a crap time I'm kind of expecting to get more bad news, so pessimistic but I can't shift the feeling. Fingers crossed all is ok. Hope everyone else is doing well x

Good luck for your scan tomorrow hun, I'm sure everything is going to be fine. I have my last scan next Tuesday at nearly 36 I'm pretty excited to check she is head down x

Thanks, I'm just a worrier lol aw must be so exciting to be so close to meeting the little one! Im due end of Sept and it feels forever away. Good luck hope that wee head is where's its supposed to be!x

I can imagine I feel like I'm ages away and I'm not. I'm starting to get so slow and exhausted though, glad I'm near the end lol x

I worry all the time hun I think it's natural, I had dreams that at my anomaly scan she put it on and my tummy was empty with no baby even though I was feeling movement! I still worry when I see the midwife and she's looking for the heartbeat.

It's training for the rest of our lives when we will worry about our babies

X x x

Oh those dreams sound horrible. I think you are right tho, from the very beginning you worry don't you. It's worth it tho.

My scan went well altho I hardly seen anythin as I had to lie facing away as baby in an awkward position. All looks good tho and growing well so altho I'm being sick baby getting what they need. The wee bum kept legs crossed and cord was between legs too so I thought we were staying yellow. But as I turned round she was showing me toes etc as I had missed it all, she said oh look what we have, couldn't miss it. Wee boy bits lol just so glad everything seems well. Thanks for the good luck wishes x

Aww brilliant! Glad it went well hun, I had to go back at 22 weeks as baby was in a real awkward position slop but at 22 weeks she checked everything!

So your a blue bump then :D I didnt want to know so we are waiting for a surprise

X x x

They just like to make things awkward lol I would have left it for a surprise too but my gran who brought me up has been ill and I wanted her to know just in case.

Guess I can get better prepared now too x

Weigh in and I'm putting loss as a 1lb. It was wavering between 1 and 2lb but as I have Dr this morning and want signed off Il go with a lb lol Bit worried bout work but I guess even if I can do two shifts a week it will be more than double what I get sick pay.

Think its bad that when hard working folk who have never been out of a job are genuinely unwell and get a pittance sick pay cause its a new job. Whereas I know someone who has hardly worked and gets a nice payment every fortnight due to their 'illness' they are fitter than me! Grrrr! lol x

Well Dr didn't sign me off to go back to work. Was sick in Drs surgery! Can laugh now. No point in me doing a diary of food cause I'm just trying to get anything in when I can. Sometimes it stays there, sometimes not lol

Im still hoping this will pass but sickness has been pretty regular past two weeks, at least once a day with the nausea in between. I almost forget at times that I will have a little bundle soon, my pregnancy is a 2nd thought to the hellish sickness. Financially we will struggle too but I need to just accept that going back to work may not be an option. We won't starve.

Good luck to all u ladies who are keeping gains in check, I wish you all well in ur pregnancies. If I get back to normal eating anytime soon I will be straight back to keeping a diary x

Hi ladies, congrats to all who have had their little ones! I can't wait till this pregnancy is over!

28 weeks and still suffering with hg, but not being sick anywhere near as much so eating seems to be getting back to normal. Thought I would get back to keeping this diary as for weeks I just had to eat high calorie foods that took my fancy, it needs to stop now I'm getting a routine back!

At 28 weeks iv gained 9 lbs, how many caps should I be having a day and how much should I be aiming to gain? Am I right in thinking its a lb a week from now? Tia x

Baby gains about half a lb a week from 20 weeks but I'm not sure how much your meant to gain your self sorry but can't be easy if your being sick all the time, him glad your not getting as sick as you were. Have you started getting all your baby bits sorted? x

Thanks! It's been an awful time really, mood been very low but in past couple of weeks iv felt better bout it all. I havnt really had excitement of goin shopping, altho went with a friend other day to pram centre and mothercare to get little bits and I finally felt pregnant! Keep reminding myself I will have a little bundle at end and it will be worth it. There are so many things to get together for the baby tho! I noticed a thread on here a while ago with labour bag and things to take so Il dig that out I should start getting organised, sick pay don't go far tho, il be bargain hunting mostly I think lol x

Right decided to fill out this diary even when I can't stick to a nice balanced diet, will help me stay in control of cals either way

Today so far
Lucozade - 245
Roll with crisps - 140 for roll 100 for crisps

Bbq hula hoops 250

Rump steak 325, mushrooms 15, light cream 140, green beans 30, corn on cob 80, butter 30, couple cajun wedges 100.

Starting to have a good appetite back at dinner time!

Sprite 280 and twirl bites 200

Last edited:
Back