My Calorie Counting & Fitness Diary!

You are braver than me!

I am desperate to start swimming again.

I live about a 5 min walk from a pool, but I just cannot bring myself to go there. I work at a holiday park and they have a pool there so when the Summer comes and I am not relying on other people to give me lifts, I am planning to either go for a swim in the pool or the sea after my day shifts.... no-one will know me if they are all on holiday!!

Back from swimming and I can honestly say I enjoyed every second! I was so nervous about people seeing me in my swimming costume that I had second thoughts about going but I had already told my boyfriend that we were going so I had to go and I'm really glad I did!

There was only a lifeguard and about 5 people in the pool when we got there and most of them left after half an hour so for most of our time my boyfriend and I were the only ones in the pool. People came and went and noone even notices you. The people were mostly older ladies and some older men.

I think swimming is the exercise for me because even after an hour and 15 mins of doing lengths I didn't feel tired, untill I got out of the pool and my legs felt weak! I would recommend swimming if you like a gentle exercise and to anyone who is too scared to go PLEASE give it a chance, just once and if you don't feel comfortable you never have to go again but atleast you know if you like it or not :)

Today's food isn't going to be that great though, I seem to have used up my daily calories and I haven't even had my main meal. I've also eaten too many carbs :( I know I have burned alot of calories from swimming but I don't really want to eat them all back if you know what I mean.

For breakfast I had 1 peice of wholemeal bread with flora light, 1 poached egg and a activa yoghurt. (300 cals)

When I got back from swimming I had some blueberries (80 cals) and then for lunch I had a Brown bread tuna sandwhich with sweetcorn and light salad cream and a Bananna (520 cals)

I'm not sure what to have for dinner possibly grilled cod with veg, but to be honest I am sick of fish. I need to find some other recipes!

Hey paradiselola

I'm just back from the pool and just like you i had such a fun time!! I am shattered tho and you were right once you do it once u just don t care! The only people there were oldies and ladies bigger than me!

I'm off to make no point soup has very little calories in it so you should try it. let me know and i can give u the recipie! I'm actually using it like a pasta sauce tonight with some meantballs and spaghetti! and its low fat amazing!!!!

Feeling really positive today can you tell :) xxx

Congrats for going cantstopgaining! I'm feeling very positive aswell :)
I'd love to know the recipe for that soup! I love soup so it will be a nice change as I sometimes get stuck in a rut eating the same things every day!

reciepie for no point soup

3 red peppers
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 stock cube made up to 1 pint(your choice i like ham)
2 cans of tinned or plum toms
salt n pepper
(i also used italien herbs for flavour)

Sweat the onions, peppers and garlic in a pan with a tiny spot of oil for about 5-10 mins. Add in tinned toms and stock and seasoning bring to boil turn down and leave to simmer for as long as you can wait (at least half an hour but the longer u leave it the better it seems to taste) I blend mine after its done because i dont like lumps :) u can leave it as is if u like it that way!

Enjoy guilt free!!! mmmmmmmm

Also did you count how many lengths u done at swimming i done 40 and i was shattered! :) xx

Thanks for that soup recipe!

I'm not sure how many lengths exactly I forgot to count but I swam for about an hour and ten mins with a couple very short breaks in between! Were thinking about going again tomorrow, I'll try and remember to count! xx

I dont know exactly as its a weight watchers recipie which has no points so very very few calories!!!

Yep we are thinking about going again tomorrow too! Make the most of it while there are no kids around will be hellish when the schools are out! he he :)

The swimming session i go to is adults only thank god!! but yeah i'm going to make the most of it while i have nothing to do :)

Dinner was grilled Cod, Brocolli, Cauliflower, Peas and carrots. around 310 cals.

I found it really tasteless and boring. I didn't have any new potatoes which I would normally have with this meal but I thought that I had had enough carbs for today. I think I'm going to try new things for dinner from now on. I started eating alot of fish when I realised that I ate alot of meat and I wanted to cut down alittle, but if I have to eat anymore cod, tuna or salmon I will go crazy!!

och that sucks sounded nice till you said it was tasteless! he he

Hmm i eat a lot of baked tatties, pasta with low fat sauce or tuna and ready meals (when im busy) My diet is quite bland but that is because i am quite fussy! U should try making a veg or cauliflower curry cos if u do it youself you can control the calories.

My spaghetti & meatballs was awesome and only 9 points on ww would have been less if i had made meantballs myself! :) gonna try that next time. gonna go do a wee 1/2 hour on the wii fit now xx

It was nice when I first had it but i've had it like 5 times in 2 weeks so I'm completly sick of it lol

Spaghetti and meatballs sounds so yummy right now! Well done going on the Wii Fit after swimming, I cant be bothered to do anything else today! i'm lazy.

how does everyone control their portion sizes?

Dinner was grilled Cod, Brocolli, Cauliflower, Peas and carrots. around 310 cals.

I found it really tasteless and boring. I didn't have any new potatoes which I would normally have with this meal but I thought that I had had enough carbs for today. I think I'm going to try new things for dinner from now on. I started eating alot of fish when I realised that I ate alot of meat and I wanted to cut down alittle, but if I have to eat anymore cod, tuna or salmon I will go crazy!!

hun have you tried tilapia, bream or snapper, lovely types of fish, you'd never get bored, or how about prawns?

your doing well x

It was nice when I first had it but i've had it like 5 times in 2 weeks so I'm completly sick of it lol

Spaghetti and meatballs sounds so yummy right now! Well done going on the Wii Fit after swimming, I cant be bothered to do anything else today! i'm lazy.

how does everyone control their portion sizes?

i control my portion size by evening out my meals 4-6 times a day if i can, well i used to do that. maybe if i used to eat 400g of potatoes i cut it down to 200g but now i find myself having 100g of new potatoes and bulk it out with loads of veggies. in my meals i try to balance it out with 1 portion of everything like carbs, protein ectt.... hope that helps

hun have you tried tilapia, bream or snapper, lovely types of fish, you'd never get bored, or how about prawns?

your doing well x

I've never tried tilapia, bream or snapper I'll have to expand from just my regular salmon and cod!!

I agree about filling up on veg, I always try to make sure that my plate is mostly veg, then protein and then carbs.
I think I need to start measuring and weighing food so I know exactly how much I'm having so I'm not guessing.

Hey Hun,

Weighing food for a whie is a very good way of knowig portion sizes. I started off doing that, and my portions now are a lot better. I don't need to weigh everything anymore, but if it's something I haven't counted before then I will, just to get an idea of the size.

Good Luck x

I've never tried tilapia, bream or snapper I'll have to expand from just my regular salmon and cod!!

I agree about filling up on veg, I always try to make sure that my plate is mostly veg, then protein and then carbs.
I think I need to start measuring and weighing food so I know exactly how much I'm having so I'm not guessing.

yea your so right, i used to guess on a lot of things then when i finally bought some kitchen scales i realised i was having too much.

Did 90 mins of swimming today!The tops of my arms really ache now! That is good as I hate the tops of my arms!! I will definetly be going swimming again next week, although I really hate what the chlorine does to my hair, I think I'm going to need a swimming cap. Just when I thought I couldnt look any more hideous at the pool (swim suit, no makeup, hair up) I have to wear a swimming cap lol! Also if any of you girls wear fake tan/gradual tanner don't go near a swimming pool as the chlorine made mine go all patchy and disgusting!

B: 1 poached egg (74 cals), wholemeal toast (96 cals), flora light (39cals), small bannana (90cals) , small glass of milk (77 cals) = 374 cals

S: Blackberries 60cals

L: Half a can of Tomato Soup (113 cals), wholemeal roll (141 cals), flora light (39 cals) = 291 cals

D: 2 Ye Olde Oak American hot dogs (112 cals) 2 white rolls (220 cals)
Tomato Sauce ( 30 cals)= 362 cals

= 1,087 cals

After today I'm going to try and do low carb for a few days and see how I get on because I really need to cut down on bread.

B: Porridge (392)
L: 1 Wholemeal Roll, 1 Slice of Chicken.
Pear, Peaches. (430)
D: Small Sirloin Steak, Small Jacket Potato, Salad (500)

Total 1,322

Back