My Cambridge adventure

Spanglymum

Gold Member
Hello *waves*. I've been on Minimins quite a while now. To summarise: I lost almost six stone with LIghter Life in 2010/11, and maintained pretty well for eighteen months. Then I changed jobs and started getting less exercise and allowing myself to get stressed and use carbs as comfort again (old habit). So I'm now quite big again. Not back to my biggest, but uncomfortable. I spent 2013 yo-yo-ing about on slim and save and never quite getting to goal. I've booked to see a Cambridge consultant this evening (my first day back at work). I was going to start tomorrow but forgot I have a departmental Christmas meal on Wednesday. I could take a pack but as head of department I think it would be lower-key if I just share in the meal with everyone (we have very few social occasions like this) and start on Thursday.

I know I comfort eat, but it's more than that. There are self-esteem issues there, and a buried inability to feel "negative" emotions (in inverted commas because I know no feelings are inherently "good" or "bad" - those are just labels I use in my mind). I have difficulty even identifying degrees of anger, frustration, worry, upset, stress etc. I just reach for the carbs and use them to forget about it. Not good!

Anyway - I know I have used better strategies in the past. But being something of a perfectionist and all-or-nothing person, at the moment I'm having a lot of "sod it!" thoughts around food, because I'm big anyway...

Vlcds work really well for me, as does a low carb approach for maintenance. Just want to get back in the zone again. I don't really know what to expect from the consultant this evening - any guidance from more experienced minimin-ers?

Looking forward to getting to know you in the weeks and months ahead!

Brill keep it going :) Starting on Fri myself!

Thanks, and best of luck to you too for your start on Friday!

Back