My Cambridge returner diary - Its coming off and staying off!!

Kippaxmum

Back on the wagon
Well, today is my first day back on the Cambridge diet.

I initially did it 4 years ago and lost 4 stone and since stopping going to the gym and some major life changes have put on 2 stone. :cry:

However, this week took the biscuit. I went running and my legs rubbed until they were sore! Decided that was it and the weight had to come off and quick. Not only that, if I didnt do something about it my uniform probably wouldn't fit either!

So, had last supper last night (naughty kebab and a glass of baileys!) and made sure that anything tempting was gone.

This morning started with a hot vanilla shake which I took to work with me in a steel thermos mug & was much appreciated in the cold weather! Lunch was a chocolate cd bar and have just had oriental chilli soup for tea.

I haven't told anyone apart from hubby that I am doing this diet again as I can't deal with all the disapproving looks and 'you can't be doing that again, its no good for you...' speeches -I'll just wait for the jaws to drop.

I want to lose between 28 and 42lb (2-3 stone) as a minimum and hope to have that off within the next 12 weeks. I am 100% SS with the exception of 4 days - 2 Christmas parties, Christmas day and boxing day. Other than that - I'm in for the long haul.

I'll try to update as often as I can but between uni, household stuff and the gym.... who knows when it will be!

Off to read some other diaries for inspiration!

Donna

xxx

Hi and welcome back.
I'm sure I remember you from the first time round that I did CD back in 2008.
Like you i've been unable to maintain my weight (although you've done a better job than I did). I've just come to the end of my first week back on and so far so good.
Fingers crossed we can both reach our goals and keep them this time. :D

Hi Liz,

I think I remember you too! I have put most of the 2 stone back on in the last 18 months due to returning to college and starting university!!!! Quite a few changes here :eek:

Started on a Nursing degree a few months ago and have paid for the gym for a year so best start using it - especially as I'm booked to do a 1/2 marathon in january!!!!

Good luck again - together we can do it :)

xxx

Thanks Shanny x

anyone know how i can move the diary to the diaries section? x

Hi Cheryl,
Please could you move it to CD Weight Loss Diaries for me :)
Thanks
Donna
x

Thank you :) x

Well, day 2 is so far going well. Last night probably od'd on paracetamol - had such a stinking headache but just had to watch X factor and IACGMOOH before submitting to it. Anyway, it had gone this morning and when I got up, had a cuppa coffee and waited an hour before having a hot choc & mint shake for breakfast. I've got a litre bottle of water with me which I aim to drink and refill another 2x before the end of the day. Managed 2.5 yesterday and didn't feel hungry at all.

Lunch has been a peanut bar (I'm at work & can't make shakes up) and dinner will be leek & potato soup (hope its nice!) Not feeling hungry today at all but am very cold - sat here in work with the heating on full blast, a long sleeved top and my coat on still! My hands are frozen.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I am going to be at uni and haven't told anyone apart from my hubby, mil & a couple of best mates that I have returned to CD! Will see how I can get around it tomorrow. Am aiming to go to the gym tomorrow afternoon before going home, even if its just a quick sesh - not doing anything too strenuous this week until my body gets used to being back on CD.

I need to start training however as I am running a half marathon in 8 weeks time! I did 6 miles last Tuesday but have only just stopped hurtin! How mad is that.... Best get cracking with it really. Need to get in my uni work too - am glad today is my last day at work.

At least this time I have the support of hubby and will probably end up nagging you all to death (or at least boring you anyway) although he is a bit gutted that my boobs will shrink again lol, small price to pay I think! I just can't wait to get back into all my old clothes that I had from last time round and stop having to wear leggings cos nothing fits!

Am hoping to try to post at least once a day - maybe more if I need to keep busy.

Off to crack on with some A&P work now... got an exam in 6 weeks and haven't a clue!

TTFN XXX

Good luck!! I've found this forum amazing for motivation and inspiration!!
Keep us posted how u doing :) xx

Leek and potato soup - not too bad, bit strange but will persevere..... Still glugging here :) And not told mum yet haha.... lets see her face later in the week when I'm lighter lol

welcome back. i'm sure that you'll be straight back into the swing of things and the weight will drop off you.

i'm a runner too and 6 miles is really good. around 6 miles is when your gluc level can drop so be careful on ss. i used to eat half a bar before i went out and the other half when i got in and i'd have 4 shakes instead of 3 that day too. however, i used to run 7 miles with no effects then had to go up the plans as it was too much and suddenly i had 2 weeks with no loss at all. i've signed up for the great north run again this next year. as that's september i don't need to worry about training yet. my aim is to get faster.

Hi Great Things,
Glad I'm not the only runner :) I've just arrived at uni, had a chocolate shake for breakfast and drank it on the run (not literally but whilst waiting for the bus) It's taken 2 hours from leaving the house to get into Uni this morning - shocking! Every man and his dog was out in his car going 2 mph grrrr... Have packed my stuff for the gym to go at lunch time then tonight I can go out and deliver my Avon goodies to my lovely customers - they better appreciate me going out in the snow.....
Feeling very energetic today although I look shockingly tired - couldn't get to sleep last night.

Got to go, lecture about to start, will call back later

xx

Well, this time of day is usually my struggle time. Home from school & usually have a munch with my munchkin. Have been ever so good today, 2l of water down before 3pm a chocolate shake and a cranberry crunch mealbar "eaten" and even managed a quick run & cycle in the gym, burned a few cals....

Day 3, going well so far :)

OMG! I have just forced a spicy tomato soup down - it was the most vile thing I have ever tasted!!!!!!!! Was practically gipping :-( Not having that one again and will be taking back the one I have here! *shudder*

Well, Day 4 in the weight loss house and its going fab! Had a very yummy shake for breakfast - toffee and walnut? Butterscotch? Can't remember but it was delicious. Had to take my little man to the hospital today for his pre op ready for next week, hope the surgeons make it! Since then we've been out playing in the snow and for a long walk with the dog and monkey on his new sledge - legs are now killing. Had a choc-orange bar for lunch and think I have Leek & Potato soup for dinner. And - I am officially in ketosis woo hoo! Feeling cold, got a furry mouth and the stick was pink lol.

still can't believe how foul that bloody spicy tomato soup was last night! *shudders at the thought*

Morning :)

Day 5 on SS and I can fit into my jeans and fasten them up! Got my first WI on Friday night then out for the first of 2 christmas parties so will be having Friday night off. I can't remember what I have chosen to eat but will try not to go mad. I know it will take me out of Ketosis but I'll quickly get back into it - I'm determined this time.

Had a chocolate shake (hot) for breakfast and have a bar of some sort for lunch (can't remember what I packed) and got a chilli soup for tea. Brought my bottle of water with me and have just made a cuppa black decaf coffee. Does black decaf coffee count towards the daily intake? I had about 8 cups yesterday just to try to keep warm.

Lots of snow fall here, hubby only just got out in order to get to work and school doesn't open till 10am! Thats an extra hour I'll have to pay the childminder an extra hour grrr never mind. His pre-op went well yesterday so we are all set for next week.

Right, going to crack on - need to get some uni work done: Explaining the humanistic and psychodynamic perspectives in relation to grief and loss.... any psychologists on here???

TTFN

xx

Back