My cardio...

Rhino

Ex-22 stone unit!
How do,

Just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on my cardio workouts, typically I will do the following 3 times a week:

Cross Trainer - 15 minutes - One level increments every minute (burining on average 130 calories per session)

Treadmill - 15 minutes - 5 mins powerwalking followed by 10 minutes jogging at 5mph (burining around 150 calories per session)

Rower - 5 minutes - 2 minutes moderate power then 3 minutes at full pelt (split up throughout the 5 mins) on level 6

Stairs - 10 minutes - Fat burning setting (burning around 160 calories per session)

So that's my 45 minute workout I've started doing 3 times a week, just wondering if there is anything I should ajust or change? My goals are fat loss but I would also like to gain some muscle (slowly but surely coming on)

Thanks guys :)

Hiya,

For the cardio work out it looks great, but id include at least one session of weight work. Muscle helps to burn calories so the more muscle you build the more your body will become a better fat fighting machine :)

Thankyou :)

I like my weights and I intend to throw 2 sessions in per week alongside my cardio, and maybe mix up the ratio to 3 weights and 2 cardio, all time permitting.

My boyfriend trains 3 times weights per week and 1 or 2 cardio sessions. He thinks it is better to add a smaller cardio session onto the end of a weights session or to do cardio in the morning. But I would definately try to do 3 x weights, 2 x cardio!! Good luck

Just to update, I've started seperating cardio and weights, seems to be working well!

Back