My cdc encouraging me to go up plans!

broxi

ButtErFly
I feel really annoyed(too strong a word) - disheartened.
My cdc saw me last night - it's the husband and asked how I was doing. I told him that I was still struggling with cravings and wanting to eat but hadn't. He then started showing me the other plans and said I should just move up to 1000 cals as that's what I needed. He kept showing me the recipes and talking about all the food on the plans. I've only been on diet for 4 weeks so felt he should have encouraged me more to stick to SS. This was quite difficult for me psychologically- I know it might seem like I'm moaning over nothing but it's had an effect on me of making me want to eat and I so don't want to eat - if you know what I mean. Sorry I'm contradicting myself but my feelings are contradictory.
Can anyone give some help please x

Oh Broxi, I really feel for you. It must be extremely confusing to hear that yet know that you're not ready to eat again yet.

I know you've written in previous posts about the cravings - and can imagine how difficult that must be; the thing we want most as part of this diet (apart from the weight loss!) is to feel in control of food and we know ourselves when that's starting to happen.

Have you considered SS+ or the 810 plan? I'm just wondering if these would be better as the reigns are still very firmly on, but food is still an option.

Your posts in relation to what you've been reading about OA etc are inspirational. I'm guessing you've already thought about what it is that scares you about letting food back into your life at this stage and how that might be overcome? Also, on a more positive note, are there times when you have felt in control of the food and how did that feel, what made the difference in relation to the control and could you replicate that again?

I'm sorry, I seem to be posing more questions than answers. Just wanted you to know though that I'm thinking about you and sending you hugs and positive vibes.

Shout if you want to talk more - or rant - or mump - or anything else!

Thelma x

Yep the ss+ or 810 would be the normal steps up rather than jumping to 1000. I'm on 810 and even going to 1000 i have to prepare my head for it. I read all the plans anyway as it keeps me remembering that this plab isn't forever.

We have to try and not feel afraid about the next steps. You're already learning so much aout yourself from the last 4 weeks.

You're doing so well. I presume you would rather stay on ss. unless it's for medical reasons i don't see why you can't if u want to.

You're strong hun, you can do this xxx

Hi ya

i am just moving up to 810 for week 13, but i found that by week 10 i felt like i needed something more, so my CDC suggested i move to SS+ - it was the best thing i have ever done!

instead of spacing out the shakes, i could have them at times when i felt i wanted them, knowing that i was having a really small meal in the eve with my OH - and i havent looked back - it has made work alot easier for me too.

on SS+ i have been away for a weekend in Birmingham for a concert and camping the weekend just gone, and all i did was pre-prepare a chicken salad and take with me in a coolbox - no real hassle and i didnt want to stray at all, and to be honest, my losses have been better these last 2 weeks!

anyway - go with however you feel, you are in control of your own destiny, and no-one else has the right to tell you what to do!

xx

Hi,

you have to decide what is best for you - why not try SS+ for a week and keep a diary of how you feel (I sometimes find that eating some food makes me crave more), then decide which plan to stay on.

You have done really well so far...well done!!:)

Oooohh Broxi, sorry to hear you're feeling down about this. Your CDC should have done your WI, not her husband!! Last week my CDC had her friend in her garden chatting to her, whilst I arrived, he hovered outside her cabin and I felt rushed and overheard. So felt cheated really. You have so much trust in your CDC and I would actually say to her how upset this made you, its ok to adn its your right.

As for doing 1000 cal plan already, far too early, i think, your still on SS and maybe jumping to ss+ when you are ready, but seems that its not the time yet and you need to plan that ahead a few weeks before, so that you can het your head around it. That way, you'll be in more control and yes, even plan your meals a few weeks ahead, just so you are prepared mentally.

Izzy, thats really interesting that your losses have been better on ss+. I will be moving up to that on week 8, although at a push if I have a meal out planned, then I will use that option, my CDC said that was fine to do, especially when exercising as your body needs more cals and exp protien anyway.

Don't worry about it, put it out of your mind and when you go back next week, voice your concerns. xxx

Thanks so much for your advice everyone. I feel better today but it was especially difficult yesterday because I so wanted to cheat. To be honest I am scared to ty a plan with food because my previous relationship with food has not been healthy and I am afraid that once I start eating I wont be able to stop! I'm going on holiday at end of June so I would like to SS until then if possible. And who knows what will happen on holiday? I'm going to Madeira for 3 weeks and apparently the restaurants are fab! Oh dear! But if stick to SS should be about another stone thinner by then.
Thanks again everyone for support. You're all great! x

Hi Broxi, saw this thread now. I am sorry you had an off day yesterday, that meeting did sound strange.

Maybe it is possible to do something in between the plans? I am thinking doing 4 shakes/soups every day (or 3 shakes/soups and a bar). I mean, you think it is scary handling food at this point in your CD journey (which I can totally understand, me too), but since you have these cravings, maybe some extra calories will help with that? Instead of doing 810 kcal on that plan in the form or chicken or so, maybe it is possible to do more shakes?

I know but I just don't understand why he was encouraging me to go up plans when this is only my 4th week.

Ok, well, that sounds strange yes, maybe he thought you wanted to eat and go up the plans?

Probably as men don't understand women. I'd guarantee that all women I said that too that I was finding it hard not to eat would know that I was still wanting to continue but maybe it's a man thing to take what a woman says literally. My husband does and all I want is a wee moan to him and sympathy about whatever it is that's bothering me. I wanted encouragement from cdc but he didn't understand that! Maybe I'm over analysing, who knows?

Yes, that might be it :). Just try to ignore his advice and carry on with your plan!

Hi babe!

I have just read this thread! I can't believe you CDC's husband told you that!! I am angry at that!!

I think only you can decide what is best for you........ I am starting to realise that cravings are not nice things to have!! If fact they are horrible!!

Like you say - it is not long until your holiday, so if you wanted to stay on SS until then, it is like a mini goal!!! A few more weeks, and then you are in the sun!!!

You have done so well this far, and I am sure if you either change the plan or stick to SS you will meet the challenge head on!

Love,
Bx

Thanks so much LadyB, We will beat these raving cravings!

Hi Broxi

I've just picked up on this post - been busy for the last couple of days.

I think men like to give solutions - if a woman talks about a problem to a woman, she will listen and sympathise, a man will listen and tell you what you should do. Apparently it's because men will only talk about a problem when they're looking for help, where women just want to share experiences...

He probably thought that as you have cravings - you want to eat and were asking permission...

If it were me I'd stay on SS until holiday then take tetras and bars with me to cover 2 meals a day and have a light evening meal of around 360 cals and do the 810 plan. That way you plan your route and enjoy the restaurants on holiday, but make healthy choices and apply the brakes when needed.

I know what it's like - I've been craving food all day - haven't given in though but it is extremely hard. Especially when I'm cooking for my family.

Thanks Lynda, that is brilliant advice and that's what I plan to do on holiday. I am scared though that once I start eating i wont be able to stop.
As for the man thing, I'm actually sure that was it because my husband does similar things; tries to always give me a solution when I just want sympathy. It's quite comical really because the guy was jsut being nice but I got really mad at him!

Hey Broxi,
Just seen this post hon.. Why did your cdc's husband see you. Is he a councellor as well.... or just weighs you randomly when shes not there.. Hmm that doesnt sound right.

Anyway I would say dont go up to 1000 if you are only one week 4..

I did 13 weeks on ss and then now Im on ss+ and i really love it.. I sit and have a meal with my Husband in the evening and its great...

Chin up hon your doing fab.... xxx

Thanks CW, he is cdc too but his wife was out so he saw me and he is really nice, I was just being touchy. No, I'm staying on SS for as long as possible- it is dead hard but I'll just moan my way through! Are you in control with your small meal or does it make you feel like guzzling?

Hiya..

aawww... that sounds like it was a really tough ordeal for you - and YOU STAYED STRONG! :D

here are my thoughts (for what it's worth)..

just been reading your thread and thinking about temptation, guzzling, and choice...

for me, before I started CD I was guzzling as a way of mis-managing my emotions, and I had been doing that for so many years that I was deeply trapped within the patterns and routines that were so ingrained I didn't feel like I even had a choice any more, even though it was making me miserable (miserable=eat, eat=miserable.. =trapped in a downward spiral)

For me, CD is about regaining choice over my life, but in the long term, it wont be a fight with my guzzling desires on an hour by hour basis.. instead I want to develop new habits that become second nature, so that I wont have to think about it every minute of the day for it to work..

those new habits aren't so much about food, but about how I react to my emotions...

What you experienced with the CDC sounds VERY difficult. Separating out his well meaning (but completely misplaced) intentions, and looking instead at how you felt.... if you're anything like me I'd have felt:

-vulnerable: that the difficulty I'm experiencing is not understood
-alone: that the one person I'm hoping WILL understand what I'm going through is actually oblivious to the struggle and challenge I'm giving myself at the moment
-annoyed: that the support I was hoping for isn't as single minded with SS as I'm wanting it to be...

and, the good news..

-this annoyed you, because you know what you want, so You looked after You in this instance

-that you have us lot :D

-that you stayed strong, and if anything you maintained your resolve, and maybe even strengthened your commitment to what you are doing..

One of the best things I have learned from this site about my relationship with eating is that it's MY CHOICE.. when I doubt that, I feel far more vulnerable, but when I remember again, I feel great! :)

I hope you don't mind me waffling on! heehee :p I find it clears my thinking when I write these things down tooooo....

Thanks CW, he is cdc too but his wife was out so he saw me and he is really nice, I was just being touchy. No, I'm staying on SS for as long as possible- it is dead hard but I'll just moan my way through! Are you in control with your small meal or does it make you feel like guzzling?

(another quicky - in case my last msg was too short!!:giggle:)

I've really enjoyed ss+.. there are so few ingredients that I don't feel like cheating, cause I think of them as similar to a CD pack.. and I only buy what I can have for that day, cause I haven't cracked the quantities aspect at all.. if I only buy the amount I am allowed, then that's all I have.

It took me a few weeks to find the supermarket easy to go to - it was like visiting another planet just going there for loo roll, washing powder, and SS+ ingredients! Haha! I saw all those products that I used to like, but don't want to go near ever again, and saw them for the lardy-coronary-enducing-profit-making-death-traps that they are!! Heeheee!! :D

..and I lost four pounds every week I was on SS+ ..if that's any help.. it might not be for you at all.. guess the more we know, the easier it is to make our own Free, Informed, Considered, CHOICE! :D

All the best!

Vxxx

Back