My CDC IS REALLY NOT HELPFUL!

Kittypurry

Hello,

I feel so bad for saying this but my CDC is really not very helpful at all.

I went to see my CDC on the Tuesday evening and she was lovely, but didn't really have much to say about things. She didn't ask me any personal information, infact I don't think she even knows my name. She just got me to stand on the scales, asked me what flavours I wanted and told me to drink lots of water.

I feel like a bit of a cow for saying this but as I have been on the diet before I knew what to expect, I got on best with the chocolate tetra's and I really wanted to try the bars and wanted the mix-a-moose and water flavourings. She said she couldn't get me any of them and now I'm stuck with soup. I'm waiting to hear from her because I need some help and more shakes and she hasn't returned my calls or messages!

I feel like I wanna cry (stupid emotions) I have done so well to stick to it and every day feels like an achievement as last time I didn't manage a single day without a slip up and I know its only been 3 days but it does feel like a small victory. I feel less bloated and more positive already.

So my Question is, what do y'all think I should do about it?

x

This is a tricky one but it's so important to have a CDC that you have a good relationship with - you should look forward to weigh-ins not dread them! So if I were you I'd probably look for another one. You don't have to be rude or anything just politely explain x

Yes i think i may have to. I only have the soup left that makes me gag and im so hungry right now and i just wanna cry because im annoyed that ive spent money on something that i didnt want in the first place. And for her not to return my calls even tho i have explained that i really need more shakes. :-( x

Hey, feel free to contact the cambridge helpline and speak to an advisor they will be able to get hold of your consultant and help out. Indeed you could swap but should you go far, get to maintenance and want to do things such as slimmer of the year/become a consultant they will often ask who your original (within 3 years) consultant was. If none of this applies then swap but inform your consultant of your swap with an email which you can produce later should you need to explain.

A good consultant is worth their weight in gold!

Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Kitty, is there another CWPC in your area? Hopefully there is. If I were you, I'd find a new one immediately.

That might sound harsh, but you need to get off to a good start when doing Cambridge. Cambridge consultants are supposed to carry the whole range of products. No way should you be saddled with just soup. Where do you live, hunni? Ring the Cambridge helpline in the morning 0800 161412 and get them to help you find a new one.

The first time I did Cambridge three years ago I lost 4 stone but the CDC must have put on 4 stone in the time I was seeing her. She was terrible and often quite snappy.

I started again in May 2013 and I have the best CDC. She is fab and really supportive. It is making all the differnce and I really feel I will lose my weight this time.

If you are not happy at the start contact Cambridge direct. The CDC makes all the difference.

Change! In the past I lost weight with CD. I had a fabulous consultant who I felt celebrated with me and encouraged me on my journey through the good times and when I struggled. Despite knowing I was too far to return to her she rang a few months after I left her to see how I was. She was amazing.
Then I saw a couple who worked as consultants together. My experience was not so positive. I felt like I was on a conveyor belt when they saw everyone on a Saturday morning. Queues in the hall, then one person having their money taken in the same room as another having their measurements done. Never a call, text or email between the strict Saturday morning weigh ins. And strictly no shoes in the house! I could not stay with it and felt more and more annoyed at the lack of privacy and the feeling that I was a money maker for them. I gave up.
I maintained about 7lbs above target for 2 years and then the weight rapidly went on. I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem. This is now treated.
I am delighted to say I have found a local consultant who is an absolute gem. She is flexible, positive, encouraging and gets so much pleasure from the results. the only slightly perturbing thing is I got an email from her at 11pm yesterday with no explanation just a document attached that was a contract for 2014 detailing the fees if I do not attend, etc. Fair enough but I would have liked a few words explaining what this was and why it was being sent out of the blue!
Generally my experience of her is positive and it has made me realise how important the consultant is to me and that I have to feel warmth and encouragement from that person in order for it to work. I am sure the couple's approach suits some people and my consultant would not suit others but I think I am saying that it is important to find the right one for you! Good luck finding the right one for you!

the only slightly perturbing thing is I got an email from her at 11pm yesterday with no explanation just a document attached that was a contract for 2014 detailing the fees if I do not attend, etc. Fair enough but I would have liked a few words explaining what this was and why it was being sent out of the blue!

Say whaaattttt???? I'm prettty sure that's not allowed?! 99% sure they can't charge for services, just products, but hey I might be wrong. I can see how it could motivate - cost for not going so may as well go, but on the same account, I missed SW 2/3 weeks, and didn't go back as I didn't want to pay the fees for missing it lol, so it swings in roundabouts. A consulatant should be more of a supportive/encouraging figure than a business person - I know it is a business but I would certainly feel uncomfortable if my CWPC did that!

I give all my clients a terms and conditions letter at the beginning just so we know where we stand, it establishes a good relationship with each other. In it contains product prices, working hours, refunds, ordering, and fees if clients cancel without notice or just want to get weighed without purchasing any products. People must realise that we are self employed, we do not get paid by Cambridge Weight Plan, we have to pay our taxes and national insurance like everyone else who gets up and goes to work. Whilst I agree your consultant should support, motivate and go out of their way to look after you, it is our livelihood. Would you go to work and not expect your employer to pay you? That's what happens to us consultants when a client turns up, gets weighed, measured and discusses the past week then turns around and says "oh I don't need anything this week" in effect we have worked for free. When you get 5 clients or more doing this on a daily basis it really does affect your income, and like yourself, we still have bills to pay, mouths to feed, mortgages/rent and remember 20% of the £40 you pay your consultant has to go to the tax man! To have a terms and conditions in place IS ALLOWED and works well if respected by both parties.

Hi Lemon legs

I agree with you and really do not have a problem with it. I was only perturbed to get it out of the blue attached to am email without an explanation!

Best wishes.

Hi Lemon legs I agree with you and really do not have a problem with it. I was only perturbed to get it out of the blue attached to am email without an explanation! Best wishes.

To receive a contract out of the blue is a tad strange, I would have put a little note with it.

Good luck with things x

Kittypurry change your CDC. There are some brilliant ones out there so you don't have to stay with one you aren't sure about. Sometimes you just don't gel.

This is an interesting thread about contracts. I think it would benefit me if they did it like Lighterlife where you are expected to buy a certain amount each week, because lets face it if you don't need the shakes it is because you have been cheating, and it is not allowed to buy less than the minimum amount.

Back