Step 1 Sole Source + My challenge to get to goal weight by November!!

Hi. I thought I would start a diary about my journey.
i started the diet 5 weeks ago, and now lost 20lbs.
The reason why I joined this diet, is because I am currently studying in the evenings, as well as holding a full time job. I did WW a couple of years ago, and lost 3st. But gradually put on 2.5st again. I was looking for a diet that would be easy to follow, and also something my bf could do as well.
when we started CD it was scary that I am not going to be eating much. But tackled it head on, and seemed to sail through the first week.
I am now just about to start week 6, and feel really proud of myself for staying 100%.
it has been tough at times, especially when friends were going to Pizza Hut, and I declined to resist temptation.
Now and again I get cravings for random food, e.g sausages, hamburger. But fighting each craving makes me feel better after a while.

My bf has now lost 2st4lb, which is amazing. He seems to be coping with the diet a lot better than me. He is my rock, and don't think I would doing this well without him.

I don't mind if people don't comment, or read my thread, as I wanted to start a thread, so I can record my achievements as they occur. For example, resisting a buffet lunch :)

I have set a target to reach my goal weight by November. Better get my bum into gear :)

19 weeks = 3lb a week average

When I first started the diet. I found weekends the hardest, as I used to endulge on everything and anything I wanted. This weekend is going really well (so far). I even went for my first jog in years. Didn't go more than 1.5 miles. But I was more pleased to have got out there. My legs ache slightly today, so it must have done something. I am thinking of going swimming later, depends on what time they close the pool. Saves me going tomorrow night, after work and college. Got an early weigh in this week, as Consultant on holiday at the end of the week, so need to try extra hard to get a loss by Wednesday.

So proud of my achievements so far. Keep it up!

your doing really well :) I'm just starting week 5. I had a blip this week as it was my birthday and I just passed my 3rd year of uni. So I managed to put 2lb on :( I did have my 30th party though So I guess its not too bad.
This year loads of my friends have turned 30 and there have been a lot of parties. It is really hard not to be eating and drinking when everyone else is :(

My cdc said she finds men just get the rules then get on with it, its woman who eat for other reasons like emotional ones. I relied I was doing that, feeling happy, sad.. anything and eating lol to celebrate nothing wooo lets eat.

well done to you and your rock :) and good luck for the coming week.

Hi Firelass. A 2lb gain after a party. That's really good. You should lose that this week, it's probably water weight.
We had a year like yours last year. But everyone was getting married and turning 30. Luckily not so many big celebrations this year.
Social events are really hard. At the moment I am telling myself, that in 4 month time. I will be the size I want (hopefully) and it isn't long, as I have caused this damage over 26 years :)
i have never been slim, so can't imagine myself fitting into a size 10. So giving myself bite size goals.
I went and spent time with dad, as it's Father's Day. So will have to go swimming tomorrow.

congrats with completing your 3rd year at uni. Have you got many more years left?
I am hoping to start studying towards a masters degree in August, as long as I pass these next 2 exams.

So had a couple of interesting days!
on Monday I successfully went swimming after college, managed 48 lengths.
today I had a training day. So went to a meeting all day with food provided. I had to resist homemade cookies, roast pork, salmon in creamy sauce, a salad bar that only contained couscous, cold pasta. Then they had desserts. To finish it off they had ice pops and sweets in the afternoon.
none of it passed my lips, which was a big achievement and stuck to my instant shake. Finally got home and enjoyed an egg salad with grilled veg.
That was my hardest day yet. But am so pleased to have said no.
another day with being in control.
early weigh in tomorrow evening, rather than Friday. Fingers crossed for a good loss

I have one year left woooo, a masters eeep! lol Smart goals are the way to go, (small, managable, Attainable, realistic, time-specific) I 'm hoping this Monday will not be so bad lol

WELL DONE!! that is awesome, I'm not sure if I would be able to stop my self eating all the nice stuff. good luck for tomorrow.

On Wednesday we had an early weigh in. I lost 2lb in 5 days. Just done another weigh in this evening, as Friday is our usual weigh day anyway. Lost another 1lb. Total this week 3lb. Woop woop. Though I do have a confession, because we didn't get weighed till 8pm on Wednesday, we left our CDC house hungry, so ended up getting sausage and chips on the way home.
because I have been craving sausages I would have thought I would find this experience amazing. But to be honest I ate it, and thought this isn't worth it. I only had a small sausage and chips, the portion would fit on a side plate. But I felt really stuffed afterwards. I think due to the small portion, I was very lucky it didn't take me out of ketosis.
But a lesson to learn from this. If we have another late weigh in, to prep the dinner, or pre cook the dinner ready for when we get home.
Another thing I have learnt is that usually if I do have a cheat, I would beat myself up about it. But not this time, I have analysed why it happened, got straight back onto the cd, as though it didn't happen.
overall very pleased with myself x

Well done on getting straight back on it and now knowing how to avoid making the same mistakes again :) Xx

Well done SV, get back on the wagon and you'll both be fine.

Loved picturing you two sneaking into the chippy. You'll be on Crimewatch UK!!!

Started 5ft 1" 13st 2 BMI 37.2
Day12: -1st 1 12st 1 BMI 31.9
Day26: pending!

Ahhh thanks guys. Yes we did sit in the car for a minute and scanned the area for people we knew. Lol.
completely back into it. Only for one week though, as we are having a planned week off, bf is going on a lads weekend, so will need carbs, so I thought I would have a week off, maintaining. Can't wait!!!!
I have planned the weeks food, and hopefully won't put too much on. Just hope we come back with fighting attitude. Just got over a stone to lose, then I will be back to my lowest weight I got with WW. That's when things will start to get interesting :)
Right, must stop being distracted, and carry on revising. X

So lost another 3lb this week, and reached my first goal. Woop woop. Had a busy week of new job and exams. Got my final exam tomorrow, and then I am free for the summer.
We also start our planned week off tomorrow, which should be interesting. Going to concentrate on maintaining, and not putting on too much weight. Also going to include some treats :)

So my first week of being back on the diet, after having a planned week off. Lost all the weight I put on, plus an extra 2lb. Woop woop.
though getting back on the diet was a lot harder than when I first went on the diet.
1lb to go until my 2st, and 3lb until my 2nd mini goal. Having a good weigh in, has help boost the determination again.

Back