My charm bracelet- target rewards

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Hi all

I have mentioned my charm bracelet before and how I add a charm for every half stone I lose. Today I am adding my 9th charm as I just got my 4.5 stone award.

This is what each charm signifies in the order they were added:
1/2 stone- a heart = My love for my husband
1 stone- a 'seven'= to signify half a stone
1.5 stone- an Eiffel tower- love of travel
2 stone- a book- love of reading
2.5 stone- an apple- love of food
3 stone- a christmas tree- I hit 3 stone just before xmas
3.5 stone- '50'- to signify losing 3.5 stone and hitting a 50lb loss
4 stone- a cocktail glass- because I found minimims and that is my username here

My 9th charm which I will add today is a shuttlecock as I have discovered a love for badminton along my journey so far.

I have put a piccie on my profile of my special bracelet- it means a lot to me as it has taken a lot of work- it is so nice to have a constant reminder of my successes (although I have lots more to add yet)

Does anyone esle have a bit of a ceremony for their targets??
x

no but thats a great idea. i have a love links bracelet and that sounds great. hmm

what a lovely idea! You have done so well! what a great reminder of your achievements.

That is a lovely idea Claire ~ my hubby has just been giving me money that I put in a tin every time I lose 1lb ~ I haven't been doing too well lately tho so my tin is quite empty! Well done on your fantastic achievement, xx

Fab idea! Great way of rewarding yourself!

I have nothing like this but think this is the nicest idea I've heard. It would be lovely to have a constant reminder of how far you have come and how well you have done. I've looked at the pics and it's a beautiful piece of jewellery. x

What a fantastic idea!!

That's so lovely! I am 1lb from my target and was thinking I should reward myself with a treat. My hubby suggested carrot cake. Don't think that's the idea, is it!!?? x

That's so lovely! I am 1lb from my target and was thinking I should reward myself with a treat. My hubby suggested carrot cake. Don't think that's the idea, is it!!?? x
er..........It's a nice thought though! My husband said he had planned a surprise when I hit my 4 stone target- it turned out to be a 6 course gourmet meal at a lovely restaurant! Bless him, I don't think he saw the irony of it!
x

that is a smashing idea and what motivation.
i have a money box for every pound i lose but yours sounds so much nicer

Brilliant idea and not linked to eating, so even better! Haha! Last time I lost a lot of weight (years ago) my reward was a mountain bike. This time I don't know what I want...

er..........It's a nice thought though! My husband said he had planned a surprise when I hit my 4 stone target- it turned out to be a 6 course gourmet meal at a lovely restaurant! Bless him, I don't think he saw the irony of it!
x

Oh, bless him for surprising you though!! lol x

CocktailPrincess.. this is the nicest thing I've read.. what a brilliant idea, and so romantic too.

You've done so well... you're a real inspiration.. thanks for sharing :)

What a fab idea! Where did you get it from, I want one! Have you bought all the charms ready to go on, or do you buy them when you "earn" them?

I agree, it's a lovely idea. I let myself buy a packet of seeds for every pound I lose, hopefully it will cut my veg bill drastically this summer.

That is such a great idea! I don't have a ritual, other than a Kinder Bueno :rolleyes: But I don't think that counts! lol

Well done on your award...you must be feeling amazing chick :D:D

That's a great idea. I have a love links bracelet that is looking for an excuse for more links, now you given me it. I think I'll go for a couple of glass beads for each stone, and a special one for target. *goes to choose first new link*

What a fab idea! Where did you get it from, I want one! Have you bought all the charms ready to go on, or do you buy them when you "earn" them?

It looks like a 'Links of London' bracelet (expensive) that a few people have mentioned, but I just got it online (cheaper)- I always liked the bracelets and a reminder of 'silver 7's' from WW years ago just clicked!

I get the charms as I am going along- I try and get one that means something topical to me at that time- this time badminton- they only cost about £5 from various cheap websites (jewellery enchantments, the charm works, 925silvercharms) although I do buy them when I have approx 1-2lb to go for that extra incentive and so I can add them on the day I reach the target.

I still have another 7 to get as I work towards my target- it is getting a bit heavy now and I am running out of space

Thanks for all the nice comments guys- I hope you are all now planning lovely treats for yourselves- we all deserve something nice for our hard work
xx

i have got a love links bracelet too. my hubby bought me for links for my birthday but i might just have one every half stone.

I have been at goal weight for 3 years now, and each year I am at goal, I buy another charm for my bracelet. I have a charm for losing 10% of my weight, a charm for getting to goal, and then a charm each year.

Back