My Couch25k Progress Encouragement Badly Needed!

Thanks Gina Yeah Im enjoying it alot more since I started Hows the marathon training going?

This is my 3rd time to do week 3! I'm just barely able to do it so I know I'm not ready to go on to week 4 yet but hopefully I'll be able to progress to week 4 next week!

I did week 1 5 times, week 2 four times and week 3 3 times! It gets alittle easier each week as fitness improves! Still tough tho! I'm dreading what she's gonna tell me I'm doing tomorrow when I turn on week 4!

Let me know how you get on with week 4 Kaz Good luck with it :) I'm hopin if I even lose a stone the jogging will start to get easier

I'm just starting the c25k well I started a few months ago but only go to week 2 before stopping (I can't even remember why I stopped) anyway I'm back to it now, did w2d3 today, ill prob repeat this at least once more before moving to week three. I would so love to be able to jog for 25-30 mins without feeling like I'm about to die! I'm absolutely determined to stick to it this time!

Yeah Im the same I dont care how long it takes me finish it Im determined not to give up :)

Hi all

I've decided to start running. I've signed up for the 5k race for life with my sisters at the end of July so I have time to get there. At the moment I go to my small work gym every now and then (ave twice a week) but I tend to dodge the treadmill. Usually go for the bikes, rower, xtrainer or a class. Anything but running. Well, I'm going to bite the bullet and do it. I want to get outside in the summer and get some fresh air. I want to be able to run. At the moment I can run a couple of minutes and then have to stop.

I've read this thread and its really given me some motivation. Thanks all.

This week I'm gonna go for it!

Hi Laura H Thats great you've signed up for the race for life That'll keep you motivated to keep up the running I can only barely do 3 minutes running Im gonna start C25k week 4 Day 1 tomorrow or Thursday so running the 5 mins will be hard enough so I hope I can do it! Best of luck getting back into running Let us know how its going :)

Hi ya sorry didn't look at this thread for a bit! Week 4 was a real step up! Very tough! But I successfully completed it 3 times! Very proud of myself! But because of a few medical issues this week I'm not running (and actually missing it - who'd have thought it!) So when I can get back on it I will repeat week 4 a couple of times to make sure I can handle week 5 which I'm sure will be tougher again! Have u completed the c25k?

I'm goin to the gym to do day 1 of week 3 ... Its difficult but I'm looking forward to being able to run for 30 mins

Thanks Gina Yeah Im enjoying it alot more since I started Hows the marathon training going?

sorry i just saw this!
i didnt do the marathon, switched to a half instead about 2 weeks before it. the run was sunday just gone, went really well!took 21 minutes off my previous half too :D

Hi ya sorry didn't look at this thread for a bit! Week 4 was a real step up! Very tough! But I successfully completed it 3 times! Very proud of myself! But because of a few medical issues this week I'm not running (and actually missing it - who'd have thought it!) So when I can get back on it I will repeat week 4 a couple of times to make sure I can handle week 5 which I'm sure will be tougher again! Have u completed the c25k?

Well done on completing week 4 :) I'm still doing week 4 and I'll probably repeat it a couple of times too. I'm not in a rush to finish the C25k just as long as I do complete it I'll be happy with myself :) Let me know how week 5 is going for you!

I'm goin to the gym to do day 1 of week 3 ... Its difficult but I'm looking forward to being able to run for 30 mins

How did week 3 go for you Louise? It is tough but it I find it gives me great satisfaction every time I finish a week :)

sorry i just saw this!
i didnt do the marathon, switched to a half instead about 2 weeks before it. the run was sunday just gone, went really well!took 21 minutes off my previous half too :D

That's fantastic Gina I'd say you were delighted with your time :) Just looking at your signature there, Congrats on all the runs you've done, Your'e very dedicated!

That's fantastic Gina I'd say you were delighted with your time :) Just looking at your signature there, Congrats on all the runs you've done, Your'e very dedicated!

got a few more planned for this year then im going to go into trying for marathons. keep the halves for fun.
i do need to improve on my 5k's though, sounds mad, but i find the first 30 mins really really hard so i struggle on them. id love to do a fast timing on a 5k!

Fair play to ya I'm sure you'll be doing marathons in no time :) 5k is going to feel like a marathon to me lol

I might try and find a few more 5k's to do, would love to do one in 30 mins or less :)

I am still stuck on week 4! That's 3 weeks I've been on it! I still find it a challenge! But I'm determined to get to week 5 #1! Any one done it and know if its a big step up from week 4?

Hi Kaz Ive just done day 2 of week 4 and I just know I'll have to do week 4 a few times coz it nearly killed me lol

Hi Everyone!" Just had a quick read through the thread & you've all motivated me to start, however could this be done on a trampoline??

Back