My Dad...25 stone and diabetic

lyndzi76

Gold Member
As the title says this post is about my dad. He is 25 stone and diabetic but really wants to do CD. What are the changes of him getting signed off by the doctor?

I saw a post by someone who is diabetic on another forum, so it is possible. It will ultimately be down to the Doctor though. You only need the Doctor's permission to go below the 1200 step.

When my parents wanted to do CD, my Dad was okay to do it, but my Mum's Doctor didn't agree to it for health reasons and medication at the time. So they both did Step 4 and lost the weight that way.

Diabetics can follow Cambridge. There is a very strict protocol to follow though but it's very successful and they tend to do very well on the diet, often reducing medication along with their weight.

What plans they can depends on which type of diabetes they have. Both have to start with 1500, then assuming all is well, they can go down through the plans. Type 2 can gradually go down to 810 or SS/SS+ depending on medication, and type 1 down to 1000. Bloods have to be monitored daily.

The strict protocol that has to be followed by consultants and the regular monitoring by the dr or diabetic nurse means that the majority of doctors are supportive :)

i cant add anything more than KD has had but when i had to get singed of my CDC gave me a booklet aimed at doctors so they can understand the diet as well in medical terms just getting the doctor to get to read it was the battle due to how little time they have with eah patiant but good luck to your dad

I'm really going to encourage him to do CD and seek his doctors advice and support.

Thanks for your advice x x

Back