NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Mmm I really enjoyed that dinner Kathy. Today`s was good too. Chorizo, mushroom, pepper onion, cumin. All mixed into boiled rice and served with chicken. It was lovely. Just a little improvement needed. Not sure what but will ask my sister.

Hope you head is getting better, headaches are awful.

Have you watched any of the 60yrs of Eurovision. I saw some last night that I had recorded. Parts were quite good. I did run through some of it though. I do agree with what you say about it too. I haven`t watched any of it live for a very long time. I like to know who has won. Don`t even know who is singing our song this year.

Well ol` grouch, hope you feel better soon. Half tern next week so a rest for you. Not me though I am children sitting.

That meal does sound lovely - pls let us know what your sister suggests to perfect it! I'm like Kathy - I used to like it when it was fun - or perhaps I'm an OG2 (Old Grouch 2!) Enjoy the children next week xx

Afternoon, ladies! :)

Well, it was sunny here - until I hung the washing out, then it went a bit cloudy! No rain though so have left the washing out. Had a bad head for most of the day so, after taking the extra strong tablets, feel quite floaty and zonked out now but, at least, the headache is on the way out! I was going to do lots of housework but have had to leave it until tomorrow or during the week now. At least that's an option because of Half Term.

I loved the sound of your dinner yesterday, Doreen. I imagine it was very tasty. Pasta and Philly - mmm! I hope you're having a good day today.

What was your job, Linda? No, travelling around and sleeping in different places, definitely wouldn't have suited me! Maybe with all the walking around in August, plus the Night Nurse, I'll end up sleeping like a log, wherever we are! :)

Well, it's the Eurovision Song Contest tonight, I think, but we probably won't be watching it. We have watched it occasionally, off and on, over the years but usually end up switching over. There seems to be more and more political voting involved and most of the fun seems to have gone from the songs too. Whatever happened to the typical sounding Eurovision songs? Songs like Waterloo, Congratulations, Save Your Kisses For Me, Making Your Mind Up, etc. I'm not saying I liked them all but they were bouncy and full of energy. Lots of them nowadays just sound like dirges!! Or, maybe, I'm just getting old! :D

Anyway, that's all for now from the old grouch! 'Speak' later, no doubt. Oh, good. The sun's back out again! :) xx

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad headache on your first day of half term - but at least the meds did their job. As I posted above I've lost interest in Eurovision these days too!

I used work for Wales Tourist Board in the dept that worked with tourism businesses to help them to develop and improve their businesses, I loved my job and somehow got used to the travelling but it was tiring at times. It was a very friendly organisation and lots of social things going on outside work - the party I missed when I had the bug was a friend from work but I'm in the middle of arranging to go down to see her and a few others in the summer - I'm still in touch with quite a few of my ex colleagues. Your school sounds a sociable place.

Doreen, I wonder where you worked - did you enjoy it? And was it a friendly place? Ooh aren't I nosey - no wonder they call me Pinocchio!! xx

Hope your head stays clear and you have a nice day 2moro xx

That is so lovely Linda. Thank you. I am pleased too. Yes weights now when I remember.
I think it will help me when looking back---well that is what I hope.
I put the diary in box for C to look at. I won`t be there to pick it up next week so will have to see the week after.

I used to find apples made me hungry but now I take the skin off and slice pieces off and eat it that way. Strange really. I just love my bananas, not often a day goes by without at least 2.

That is so lovely what Poppy is doing for school. They will love it when it is ready.
I love a sleep during the day as long as I can get to sleep at night.

Kathy hope you get a weight loss on Sunday. Just 1lb will give you a boost even tho it is never enough is it.

Put washing out this morning, no rain forecast but luckily after 2 hours my neighbour called that it had started so took washing in. :mad:. Went for a little walk to the end of the road, then the skys opened again. Sugar, my coat was soaked.

You're welcome to have the pics - you deserved them!! It's a nuisance when it rains on your washing and how kind of your neighbour to take it in for you - bet you're a good neighbour to her too!!

Well done for going for the walk - but boo to the rain - well I could have done with some rain for the garden - but it missed us - I've had to water it!! Do either of you feel that the more you do in the garden - the more there seems to be to do??

My youngest son, his girlfriend and our nephew are staying this weekend - they've been to a friend's wedding today - just hope they're quiet when they come in probably at silly o'clock!!

I haven't been too bad with my food today and I've been gardening for a few hours so should have burnt some calories off! xx

Last edited:
Have been in the garden all morning Grouch 1 and Grouch 2. I over ate last night and trying to work it off. Oh so have you Grouch 2.
I am going down the cafe for tea in 20mins or so. When I come back I will update yesterdays food and put it on here and have a proper look at posts.

I have started a new challenge for June by the way, I did not meet May target but love to see what others are doing.

Food for Satueday & Sunday
Saturday 23rd May

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, mushrooms 2 toast
L: 2 boiled eggs, Melon ff Yogurt
D: Savoury rice.100g dry rice. 25g Chorizo, red pepper, tomato mushrooms, onion, cumin. With 2 chicken thighs.
2 bananas & low fat yogurt.
4 bread 3 ham little mayo

Syns..................................... 19 syns 29/30
25g Chorizo - 3
tbs sweet chilli sauce - 1
bread - 10
Mayo - 1
freddo - 5

------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday 24th May

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 1/2 tin beans, 2 toast
L: Satsumas --- 8 throughout the day
D: 4 sausages 300g boiled spud cauli broc. onion, oxo
frozen fruit350g 500g ff yogurt

Syns ...............total 4. 33/45
sausages 4

Morning all or nearly afternoon.

First of all the Seasoning my sister used in that rice dish was Schwartz Season All.
She used Uncle Bens cooked rice (syns) Small bits of Chorizo, 1/2 onion sma;; courgette & red pepper all cut up small & a 1 small glove garlic.
She fried the onion, courgette & pepper, then added the garlic. When all cooked down she added the seaonal.
Add to cooked rice.

I cooked my own rice in the morning, cooled it with cold water & left in fridge till I was ready. Don`t know if it made any difference not using Uncle Bens.

If you try it let me know what you think.

Hi again. I wonder if Kathy weighed yesterday. I do hope she lost something.
Hey Linda you can put as many Welsh words as you like on here. I know it is my name at the top but it is OUR thread and Kathy`s too of course.

Hey were the kids quiet when they came in from the wedding. With mine it depends how much they have had to drink. It is all the saying shush which wakes me usually. Well it did. When Nik stays on his own to go out with mates I wait up so I can pick him up then we talk till the early hours of the morning. I always give him something to eat. I try to get him to have egg and bacon because when I used to go out drinking I never had a hang over if I had that before bed.

Mentioning pasta and philly Kathy, I am planning to do chorizo onion & mushroom with pasta & philly hopefully tomorrow.

My other neighbour next door is changing his fencing all except for one piece. This new fencing is a lovely colour but the piece he is leaving has been painted brown my side. I suggested he change that section as well - he said no but if I wanted to paint out the brown to sort of match the rest would I do it before he has finished because he wants to paint his side. Now his side is blue and will take some covering with Autumn Gold. Because of the way he oroginally fixed his fence, when I paint my side it dribbles down to his so he has now asked if I will do it soon. Anyway I have done 2 coats but still needs another two. Lots of bending down. Then he says please let me know when you have done each coat so I can wipe the dribbles off my side. Grrrrrr

When I do my fence at the front my neighbour who takes my washing in does her side with paint that I have supplied, I think that is only fair. The neighbour chaniging his fence would not dream of supplying me wirh paint - he is so stingy - actually I think it is his wife. He also said to me that the his fence at the front needs redoing. I have told him that by the time I have done the back bit and paid for two cans to do my front fence I would not have enough.

Silly really, I do like him and I let them use my drive when I am away as they have a lot of visitors, take in lots of parcels for their daughter and he won`t or has not given me any paint to do his front fence - or my side of it Sounds petty and I do get on with them both sides because I don`t say anything detrimental.

Anyway rant over and I expect or probably know I will do my side of his fence at the front. :D Think of the body magic

Right, another coat then brunch. :eatdrink023::coffee:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies. :) Apologies for my absence yesterday. It was just one of those days! Did I lose anything? No!!! Just stayed the same, even though Pete lost 2lbs. It does it every time with me and that was without a single banana all week and 3 apples a day. So much for boosting the metabolism!! Was really fed up yesterday after that so, gave in and had pizza and chips from the local take-away! In a weird way, when I've done that in the past, I've ended up with a loss at the next WI. I'm back on it again 100% today but think, if it carries on like this, by the time the Aussies come, I'll have only lost a little bit of weight and it'll go back on (and more) really quickly. :( The stupid thing is, when I first started Minis, I did quite well and eventually got down to 11st. 1lb. Then, for some reason, I went off it for ages and went right up to 12st. 8lb. That's where I started from again about eleven weeks ago and am now down to 12st. Keep wondering whether to start calorie counting for a while instead but probably wouldn't stick to it. Anyway, rant over! :)

That sounds so unfair about the fence painting, Doreen. Knowing you're on your own, and that most of it's for his benefit, you'd think he'd, at least, offer to do the painting. Sounds a bit like a dictator!

Loving the sound of the pasta and Philly, Doreen! What time do you want us round? :D We're having beef casserole later. We're off to SofaWorks in a while to take at look at part of their range. Hope it looks as good 'in the flesh' as it does on the internet, not like last time!

Hope the Linda's and Ann are all having a good day. Typical Bank Holiday weather here - cloudy (no rain yet)! Will report back later. Good luck with the painting. Grrr! xx

Hi all. So, for various reasons that I won't go into, I have deleted my diary but will still read and post here, if that's ok?
Things are pretty busy here, so it won't be much at the moment. Jamie and Laura are now living here and it's not all going to be a bed of roses. Laura isn't the easiest of people to live with, she's so messy and we like, as much as possible with a one year old already in the house, calm and reasonably tidy. I adore Jamie and most of the time he's lovely but he does clash with Laura and is prone to sudden shouting and tantrums, which terrify Millie. Last night Lucy had just settled her off to sleep when he went off on one upstairs and the upshot was Millie woken up screaming and it took ages to get her back off, so Lucy was annoyed.
Oh, I won't go on and it sounds grouchy but I just know I'm going to play peacemaker between everyone and get frazzled myself.

Anyway, Doreen made me smile about the fence painting as we used to have exactly the same with our neighbour in our old house and I know what you mean, it's not that you mind doing it, it's just a bit annoying. As you say though, good body magic.

Kathy, I also was nodding in agreement with you, as we're similar weights. I've also re-gained about 9lbs from my lowest on SW, though I know I could lose most of that fairly quickly if, and that's the portent word, IF I stick to plan properly. Can't see that happening in the next month but after that maybe I'll be able to knuckle down properly.

Now I can't remember what else I was going to say as I've had three interruptions writing this lol.
Will pop back when I can. Stay well all. Xx

I suppose Kathy the right reply is `at least you did not put on`. Of course you wanted to lose, it is a bloody shame when we need that little bit.
Will let you know later what time to come round for dinner :p

Will this help - I don`t know. You may know that I struggled for 5 years.
On the 12th December after a gain I weighed 17st 3lb. At that point I had lost 1st 8lb. Then something happened in my head. As you know I have been going up and down in little bits some good weeks some not so good. I started losing on the 19th Dec which was 23 weigh ins until now. My first weigh in on the 19th Dec I lost 4.5 and since then have lost some weeks, not others and a STS and a non weigh week. I now weigh 15st 13lb. I have lost since then a total of 1st4lbs.
That is 18lbs over 23weeks. That is not even 1lb a week but it has added up.

Kathy I did not realise that since my head got better I have lost 1st 4lbs. No wonder people are telling me they can see I have lost weigh.
I saw a lady in Tesco who used to go to SW for a while last year. No wonder she could see it. She sees the whole 18lbs.

I am so glad I tried to work this out for encouragement for you but even though not even 1lb per week I have amazed myself.

Your 8lb in 12 weeks works out to 0.666 per week. It will mount up.

Keep going whatever method you choose. We don`t want to lose you. xx

Hi all. So, for various reasons that I won't go into, I have deleted my diary but will still read and post here, if that's ok?
Things are pretty busy here, so it won't be much at the moment. Jamie and Laura are now living here and it's not all going to be a bed of roses. Laura isn't the easiest of people to live with, she's so messy and we like, as much as possible with a one year old already in the house, calm and reasonably tidy. I adore Jamie and most of the time he's lovely but he does clash with Laura and is prone to sudden shouting and tantrums, which terrify Millie. Last night Lucy had just settled her off to sleep when he went off on one upstairs and the upshot was Millie woken up screaming and it took ages to get her back off, so Lucy was annoyed.
Oh, I won't go on and it sounds grouchy but I just know I'm going to play peacemaker between everyone and get frazzled myself.

Anyway, Doreen made me smile about the fence painting as we used to have exactly the same with our neighbour in our old house and I know what you mean, it's not that you mind doing it, it's just a bit annoying. As you say though, good body magic.

Kathy, I also was nodding in agreement with you, as we're similar weights. I've also re-gained about 9lbs from my lowest on SW, though I know I could lose most of that fairly quickly if, and that's the portent word, IF I stick to plan properly. Can't see that happening in the next month but after that maybe I'll be able to knuckle down properly.

Now I can't remember what else I was going to say as I've had three interruptions writing this lol.
Will pop back when I can. Stay well all. Xx

It will be lovely having you post on here whenever you like Linda. We will be glad to have you in our little group.

It is so hard having other people, family or not, living in your house. It is one of the hardest things we do for our children.
Please come on here and whenever you like, you can be Grouch 3. :D I suppose now I had best be Grouch 4.

Only joking anytime, if it helps getting it off your chest - like me and the fence - please come on here. We all do it because it helps.

You will be piggy in the middle, the only thing I can suggest it trying to go out for a walk or something. When in Haverhill and I feel the tension I am able to take the dog out.

Take care Linda and look after `you` when you can. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Monday 25th May

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

Brunch 12.30. 2 eggs, mushrooms, 2 toms, 3 small tinned spuds fried in frylight. 3 toast (lovely)

Snack banana & coffee

D: small pork loin chop 1 sausage. boiled spuds
cabbage processed peas.
Frozen berries, ff yogurt.
4 tiny cakes given to me by neighbour

Syns .......................................14.1/2
sausage - 1
apple sauce - 1
gravy - 2
1 bread - 2.5
4 little cakes - 8. very tiny

Hi Mandy hope you keeping ok. I have been on Foodfighters since minis went. I am going t5o stay on there but I expect I will jump between the two. Need to work this one out though.

Good to hear from you Doreen, I've often thought of you.
I've not heard of food fighters. I'm calorie counting at the mo and have started yet another thread on here - dunno if I'll stick with it, you know me ;)

Hi NannyDoreen. Nice to see you here. Made the move myself but I'm keeping with FF as well for the time being especially as I put my name down for not leaving there so I don't want to be a hypocrite.
Always liked this forum and am pleased that it's back and to see others I know too.
Unfortunately a lot of ill will is circulating at the mo' but I'm sure given time we'll see others back before very long.

I am really looking for the blogs I did on Minis I will pop in but I very much doubt if I will leave foodfighters I have got so used to it now and am having trouble really finding my way around on here.
I never knew of the touble that had been going on .

Hi NannyD! Hope you are well! :)

I am doing ok thanks Gemsta. I just pop in here for a look around. I have made some good pals on foodfighters,

Hey Ladies, So glad to see the site back up and running. Hope you all had a fab christmas and New Year! :) for all those who have come back online to Minimins hows it all going?

Love n Peace! Stace x

Back