NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

This friend of Davina`s needs somewhere to live for a while until she gets a job. Not too sure if it will work.

Here is today`s food,. Bit of a drag day but have been catching up on putting together the cards I have been Wednesday 20th May

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: eggs mushrooms beans 3 bread
L: Lettuce boiled eggs, ham, pineapple
dressing. 2 bread cheese
D: chicken chips peas
Yogurt 4 satsumas

Syns .......................13.5
3 bread - 7.5
cheese - 4
Honey & mustard dressing - 1
making.

Oh, well. Fingers crossed but that's very nice of you, Doreen. Actually, if it did work out, at least you'd have company for a while. :) xx

This friend of Davina`s needs somewhere to live for a while until she gets a job. Not too sure if it will work.

Here is today`s food,. Bit of a drag day but have been catching up on putting together the cards I have been Wednesday 20th May

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: eggs mushrooms beans 3 bread
L: Lettuce boiled eggs, ham, pineapple
dressing. 2 bread cheese
D: chicken chips peas
Yogurt 4 satsumas

Syns .......................13.5
3 bread - 7.5
cheese - 4
Honey & mustard dressing - 1
making.

A great day Doreen - nice food and still within syns - wonder if you've been on the scales to check your progress? I do hope you have a loss - it'd give you a boost and I do think you deserve one as your food is soooo good esp compared to mine! :rolleyes: Will you be taking your food diary in for your C to look at - it wd be interesting to know what she thinks - esp about the portion sizes - as we've discussed before.

If you'd like Davina's friend as a temporary lodger - I hope you can work something out. xx

Evening Ladies x

Hi Ann - not visited your diary (or any others) much lately - seems very busy here at the mo - hope you're well and your'e toe's holding up now you're ack at work xx

So, do you mean she's staying with you, Doreen or am I just being dense? Not surprised you're missing all the company, after staying at your sister's. Sounded like you were brilliant company for each other. Glad you've got your door sorted out now. It's been pretty grotty here today. It absolutely poured down this morning, was cloudy all afternoon and has brightened slightly now.

Thanks for the applause, ladies. The children are looking forward to Half Term, Linda, especially the one who've been doing their SATS tests. They are all a bit high and noisy now though so some are getting in trouble. They've just started practising their end of year production. They're doing Mary Poppins this year so it should be good. Don't think Amy has ever got over them doing The Jungle Book when she was at our school and her part was a Funky Gibbon!! :D Philip, my son, opted out of the acting altogether and operated the stage lights instead. :)

I hope you have a lovely meal and catch up with your friend this evening, Linda. You're a bit like me, wherein I can sometimes be quite 'good' with what I have for the main course but desserts defeat me every time! I'm afraid, most times, I just think - I'm out for a meal so .......! It does sound like you have a lot of dining occasions coming up but, well, that's life, I suppose. Just enjoy and rectify afterwards! :D

I was exactly the same with trying to do buns and French plaits in Amy's hair, Linda. In fact, I used to take her round to my friend's house, who could do them easily. At least your attempt stayed in Poppy's hair until the end of school! Such a shame it wasn't necessary, in the end!

Well, I'm cheating tonight and we're having a SW ready meal each - Tikka Masala. We do actually enjoy those and, although I think they're quite pricey, they are packed with large pieces of chicken and, of course, are Free Food.

Hi to Ann too and Cloudy Linda if she 'calls' in! :) xx

Sorry weather was so bad - haven't we had a wet, cool May? Altho we had sunshine and blue skies from lunch time the wind was a bit keen. I smiled at Amy's reaction to the school show and your son like my boys avoided the acting side of things! Altho 2 of them went on to play in amateur bands when they were - older. Poppy seems a bit temperamental/tired this week too - they've had a busy term and had their SATS.

I don't think the SW meals are cheating - I class them as a treat in the sense I don't need to cook - lazy me - they are a bit pricey but much cheaper and lower syns than a takeaway - Phil loves the Tikka Masala too - I prefer the pasta and meatballs! xx

Thanks for the hug Linda. I am good now but have been feeling a bit despondent. I think I am missing the company I had at the weekend. When I leave the children it is nice for a rest, but I had a restful weekend sp it feels different. I need to go out but the weather is not good, dark clouds looks like rain. I will have lunch & decide. I should go I need the exercise.

My you do have a lot of food dates. Very difficult. I know I could not keep to plan with all of those. Hope all goes well with Poppy. Yes there are so many people organising these things they really do need a big clap :clap:. Yes that includes you too Kathy. I know you as Linda said that you work very hard Kathy.
Made me laugh about you doing a bun Linda. I cannot do those. Davina taught Nik as Faye always has to have her hair in a bun. Me - useless.

Had my front door changed again today as the wrong one was put on 2 weeks ago. 2 nice guys from Middlesborough. They are staying on the area and doing lots of doors. Tomorrow I have the plumber coming as a leak somewhere to the toilet. Also one of DIL`s friends is coming tomorrow afternoon as she is looking for somewhere to stay for a while. Trouble is she is on benefits at the moment and as I get a rent & rate rebate there is a lot to look into. I do know her and I am sure she will not be a problem.

I will pop in later and must stop thinking about weigh day.

Glad your feeling better - it is hard to go home after having such a lovely time with your sister I'm sure. Yes I can see that your WI will be on your mind - it doesn't seem right to me that day after day you're doing so well but you're not getting the reward from the scales.

You and Kathy wd have laughed even more if you'd have seen me doing that flipping bun!!

As you know, I went out with a friend tonight - we haven't seen each other for a while so we were late saying good bye at 11.00 - it shd have taken me half an hour to get home - but instead because a lorry overturned - blocking the dual carriageway - all traffic was at a stanstill for about an hour - lots of police and ambulance there - hope no-one was seriously hurt. xx

I have heard from Davina that her friend Sara is staying with her at the moment as she has nowhere to stay.
I think that Sara is concerned about my rent and rate rebate from the Council. I was going to suggest that she did not pay rent and just came and visited as a friend and not claim rent allowance. Just buy & cook her own food.

Silly really, I tried to tell Nik & Davina about this some weeks ago when they asked me if I would consider having Sara, but I don`t think they really understood about the rebates and did not seem to bothered about taking to me about it. I just kept hearing about Sara having nowhere to go so asked Davina if she had spoken to Sara. From what Sara said to me on facebook they had not even mentioned rebate to her. It looks as though she may not be coming here.

I am not sorry, I am used to my place on my own but would have helped until she got a job and somewhere to rent for her to live. Poor Sara has relied so much on boyfriends who have `let her down` she is in a real pickle.

I am sure when I am at Haverhill next week we will talk about it.

A great day Doreen - nice food and still within syns - wonder if you've been on the scales to check your progress? I do hope you have a loss - it'd give you a boost and I do think you deserve one as your food is soooo good esp compared to mine! :rolleyes: Will you be taking your food diary in for your C to look at - it wd be interesting to know what she thinks - esp about the portion sizes - as we've discussed before.

Sorry weather was so bad - haven't we had a wet, cool May? Altho we had sunshine and blue skies from lunch time the wind was a bit keen. I smiled at Amy's reaction to the school show and your son like my boys avoided the acting side of things! Altho 2 of them went on to play in amateur bands when they were - older. Poppy seems a bit temperamental/tired this week too - they've had a busy term and had their SATS.

I don't think the SW meals are cheating - I class them as a treat in the sense I don't need to cook - lazy me - they are a bit pricey but much cheaper and lower syns than a takeaway - Phil loves the Tikka Masala too - I prefer the pasta and meatballs! xx

Glad your feeling better - it is hard to go home after having such a lovely time with your sister I'm sure. Yes I can see that your WI will be on your mind - it doesn't seem right to me that day after day you're doing so well but you're not getting the reward from the scales.

You and Kathy wd have laughed even more if you'd have seen me doing that flipping bun!!

As you know, I went out with a friend tonight - we haven't seen each other for a while so we were late saying good bye at 11.00 - it shd have taken me half an hour to get home - but instead because a lorry overturned - blocking the dual carriageway - all traffic was at a stanstill for about an hour - lots of police and ambulance there - hope no-one was seriously hurt. xx

I will take my diary to C just to get a response. I have not weighed myself since Tuesday morning which was STS. I really did eat less when with my sister even though mostly not on plan. Somebody watching.:rolleyes: I did lose a lot of water though as my ankles where ultra thin.

I am from this Friday put down ALL that I have and HOW MUCH. I will want comments from my mini friends most definately. I sometimes eat far too much yogurt. I know it is free but when I buy it from Lidl for 45p 500g sometimes I have a second pot just with sweetener in it. I know it is free but I also know that is a lot. I will eat a packet of frozen berries which is 500g a pack. Surely that is too much. I only write "berries & yogurt". Have to do something different. When I was cutting back before I was having soup lunchtime, however that does not appeal at present.

It is not good to be hanging around while roads are closed after an accident.
"Pain in the neck Stanley" ". too right Ollie." As you say, hope noone was hurt. Glad you had a good evening though Linda.

Oh Kathy having SW meals is not cheating, but as you say expensive. With the masala do you get rice with it and did you buy two or is one enough for two?
It might be nice to have one in freezer for a change. Have you tried the meatballs? I kinda fancy those. Have heard bad reports on the sausages.
Apparently our Iceland has a freezerful now where it was always empty at first.

Last edited:
Hi Doreen. Think Pete and I are just greedy so we have one each! No, it doesn't come with rice so, I suppose, it's not too bad for a ready meal. Actually, when you think of the size of WW's ones, it's ok. There are lots of big chunks of chicken in them too. They are about as spicy as we can take (but we're spice wimps). I bought four yesterday, just to keep two in the freezer. No, we haven't tried the meatballs. We've had the salmon pasta, which I didn't like and we've tried the sausages, which weren't as dry as we'd expected (we had them with baked beans though) but still prefer BGTY ones. Thought they were expensive too. Oh yes, we've had the sweet potato one too and it was quite good but Tikka is still the fav! :)

When you were saying about yoghurt and frozen berries, Doreen - I'm the same with grapes! Just love them. In fact, I've just got in from the weekly shop and have bought two punnets of seedless, black grapes. As soon as I opened one pack, I started picking! :)

I still think you're so lovely, Doreen, to consider helping Sarah out. I know what you mean about liking your house to yourself but, for you to put that to one side, if it had been necessary, is just so kind of you. :flowers: Good luck for your WI tomorrow, too. xx

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your friend, Linda. Such a shame you were held up on the way home. As you say, I hope everyone was alright in the car accident. I say 'accident' but so many of these collisions could so easily be avoided, with a little common-sense and road courtesy.

Hi to Ann and Linda C, too. Have a lovely evening, ladies. xx

Thanks Kathy, I am going to try the Chicken Masala and the meatballs if they have them. That won`t be until the week after next as will be looking after Faye & Flynn from Wednesday next week I don`t think you are greedy having one each, I have seen the boxes and yes they are bigger than WW but not that big.!
I don`t buy grapes anymore as I eat the whole punnet or even two punnets the day I buy them. Shame really, they were only £1.50 a punnet in Sainsbury.

I am still hoping that things won`t change with Sara, but if we can work something out I will go forward with it. There is just not enough room at Davina`s. When I stay I have Faye`s bed and she sleeps with Mum & Dad. anyway we will see. Thanks for the flowers too.

I have a good day overall today, two lots of workmen this afternoon and a good house spring clean upstairs too which always makes me feel better. I am looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Goodness know what the result will be, I just need to get weighed.

Let you all know in the morning. Quick coffee now and then off to bed. Hope the weather is as good tomorrow as it was today.

Thursday 21st May

B: 2 eggs, toms mushrooms 3 bread

L: Tinned spuds, ham, 40g cheese
raspberries, yogurt 500g tub. Some on the raspberries the rest with sweetener in it.

D: Savoury mince. BNS. courgette, onion
with cabbage & broccoli. Tom puree. 200g spuds.
2 bananas and another pot of yogurt. ff.

Syns
1 bread - 2.5
40h cheese - 5.5

Thursday 21st May

B: 2 eggs, toms mushrooms 3 bread

L: Tinned spuds, ham, 40g cheese
raspberries, yogurt 500g tub. Some on the raspberries the rest with sweetener in it.

D: Savoury mince. BNS. courgette, onion
with cabbage & broccoli. Tom puree. 200g spuds.
2 bananas and another pot of yogurt. ff.

Syns
1 bread - 2.5
40h cheese - 5.5

A perfect day Doreen - WI 2moro - I really think you deserve a fab loss - this is my first chance to come on here today it's nearly midnight and I'm sshattered - a busy day again - not good food wise either. xx

Thanks Kathy, I am going to try the Chicken Masala and the meatballs if they have them. That won`t be until the week after next as will be looking after Faye & Flynn from Wednesday next week I don`t think you are greedy having one each, I have seen the boxes and yes they are bigger than WW but not that big.!
I don`t buy grapes anymore as I eat the whole punnet or even two punnets the day I buy them. Shame really, they were only £1.50 a punnet in Sainsbury.

I am still hoping that things won`t change with Sara, but if we can work something out I will go forward with it. There is just not enough room at Davina`s. When I stay I have Faye`s bed and she sleeps with Mum & Dad. anyway we will see. Thanks for the flowers too.

I have a good day overall today, two lots of workmen this afternoon and a good house spring clean upstairs too which always makes me feel better. I am looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Goodness know what the result will be, I just need to get weighed.

Let you all know in the morning. Quick coffee now and then off to bed. Hope the weather is as good tomorrow as it was today.

Here's hoping you get the loss you deserve after a good week - great to have a squeaky clean upstairs!! xx

Hi Doreen. Think Pete and I are just greedy so we have one each! No, it doesn't come with rice so, I suppose, it's not too bad for a ready meal. Actually, when you think of the size of WW's ones, it's ok. There are lots of big chunks of chicken in them too. They are about as spicy as we can take (but we're spice wimps). I bought four yesterday, just to keep two in the freezer. No, we haven't tried the meatballs. We've had the salmon pasta, which I didn't like and we've tried the sausages, which weren't as dry as we'd expected (we had them with baked beans though) but still prefer BGTY ones. Thought they were expensive too. Oh yes, we've had the sweet potato one too and it was quite good but Tikka is still the fav! :)

When you were saying about yoghurt and frozen berries, Doreen - I'm the same with grapes! Just love them. In fact, I've just got in from the weekly shop and have bought two punnets of seedless, black grapes. As soon as I opened one pack, I started picking! :)

I still think you're so lovely, Doreen, to consider helping Sarah out. I know what you mean about liking your house to yourself but, for you to put that to one side, if it had been necessary, is just so kind of you. :flowers: Good luck for your WI tomorrow, too. xx

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your friend, Linda. Such a shame you were held up on the way home. As you say, I hope everyone was alright in the car accident. I say 'accident' but so many of these collisions could so easily be avoided, with a little common-sense and road courtesy.

Hi to Ann and Linda C, too. Have a lovely evening, ladies. xx

Thanks Kathy - yes the SW meals aren't that big, handy to have in for when we don't have much time or no inclination to cook! I confess to being a '1 grape - oops the punnet's gone' girl too!!

I agree that Doreen's a wonderfully kind lady to offer to host a friend - but we always knew she was lovely didn't we? Now don't get too big headed with all this praise Doreen - it might affect your weight too!! :)
I will take my diary to C just to get a response. I have not weighed myself since Tuesday morning which was STS. I really did eat less when with my sister even though mostly not on plan. Somebody watching.:rolleyes: I did lose a lot of water though as my ankles where ultra thin.

I am from this Friday put down ALL that I have and HOW MUCH. I will want comments from my mini friends most definately. I sometimes eat far too much yogurt. I know it is free but when I buy it from Lidl for 45p 500g sometimes I have a second pot just with sweetener in it. I know it is free but I also know that is a lot. I will eat a packet of frozen berries which is 500g a pack. Surely that is too much. I only write "berries & yogurt". Have to do something different. When I was cutting back before I was having soup lunchtime, however that does not appeal at present.

It is not good to be hanging around while roads are closed after an accident.
"Pain in the neck Stanley" ". too right Ollie." As you say, hope noone was hurt. Glad you had a good evening though Linda.

Oh Kathy having SW meals is not cheating, but as you say expensive. With the masala do you get rice with it and did you buy two or is one enough for two?
It might be nice to have one in freezer for a change. Have you tried the meatballs? I kinda fancy those. Have heard bad reports on the sausages.
Apparently our Iceland has a freezerful now where it was always empty at first.

Good idea to state the quantities on our food diaries (I rarely doo tho ;) ). I'm sure your consultant wd give you good feedback - she seems like a good'un!

Yes the SW meal seems more plentiful in Iceland now - I only like the meatballs tho' - very tasty and a satisfying portion which includes pasta so no cooking needed (other than the microwave - another Welsh lesson the word for microwave is popty ping - which means ping oven!) Phil likes the Tikka Masala but I don't like that type of spicy curry. I thought the SW sausages were dry - but they may work well in a casserole - but I think they were 6 for £3 - a bit pricey and I a few types of low syn sausage from the supermarkets and they're cheaper.

That traffic delay certainly was 'a pain in the neck Stanley!' and cos I cdn't settle to go to bed as soon as I got home - I've been tired all day - ooh I think I hear Doreen whispering 'quit the moaning!' hee hee xx

I have heard from Davina that her friend Sara is staying with her at the moment as she has nowhere to stay.
I think that Sara is concerned about my rent and rate rebate from the Council. I was going to suggest that she did not pay rent and just came and visited as a friend and not claim rent allowance. Just buy & cook her own food.

Silly really, I tried to tell Nik & Davina about this some weeks ago when they asked me if I would consider having Sara, but I don`t think they really understood about the rebates and did not seem to bothered about taking to me about it. I just kept hearing about Sara having nowhere to go so asked Davina if she had spoken to Sara. From what Sara said to me on facebook they had not even mentioned rebate to her. It looks as though she may not be coming here.

I am not sorry, I am used to my place on my own but would have helped until she got a job and somewhere to rent for her to live. Poor Sara has relied so much on boyfriends who have `let her down` she is in a real pickle.

I am sure when I am at Haverhill next week we will talk about it.

Oh that does sound a complicated situation - made more so as Sara wasn't aware of your rent rebate situation. As you say - you cna discuss things face to face at Haverhill and that might be much clearer for all concerned. Off to the land of nod now (I hope) xx

Last edited:
I am pleased to report I lost 1lb today. Not going to moan and say I wanted more -- shh I did....... because at least it is a loss and am now just in the 15`s.

I have taken from club 2 more diaries for the next 2 weeks. Of course will be away for some of it.

I

Hurray! Well done, Doreen! This will be the start of the weight dropping away now, I'm sure! So good to see the scales going down. I'll be really disappointed if I haven't lost anything this week, as I've sacrificed my bananas. I usually have one sliced over All Bran every morning and take one with me for morning playtime too. Have been having nude All Bran all week :eek: and an apple at break time, which hasn't felt as filling. I read somewhere that 3 apples a day will boost your metabolism so.......we'll see, on Sunday!

I love having a good Spring Clean, Doreen. It's so good to get things done, isn't it? I'm off for Half Term week now so, hopefully, I can get some things sorted and cleaned out too. :) Must admit, this holiday seems to have come round really quickly; not that I'm complaining, of course!

Thanks for the Welsh lesson, Linda. :) Absolutely LOVE the name for microwave!! It's so much better than the English version! Might have to start using it instead. Well, with a maiden name like Lloyd, I should be able to get away with it quite easily! I hope you manage to sleep better tonight. I haven't slept well for most of the week, this week. I've kept waking up so have ended up with about 4-5 hours sleep each night. :( In fact, now I don't have to get up so early, I think I'll resort to having a dose of Night Nurse before bed. That always knocks me out. It's brilliant!

Well, even though Pete finished work earlier today, he's gone off for his horse riding lesson so we're eating as late as we normally do, tonight! We're going to have pan-fried salmon fillets, which we both love. Should be extremely brainy, the amount of fish we eat!! Anyway, bye for now. xx

I am pleased to report I lost 1lb today. Not going to moan and say I wanted more -- shh I did....... because at least it is a loss and am now just in the 15`s.

I have taken from club 2 more diaries for the next 2 weeks. Of course will be away for some of it.

I

How fab Doreen - into the 15s - well done that's a real achievement isn't it? Let's celebrate.......

:greenapple::greenapple::greenapple::bananalove::bananalove::bananalove::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::wee::wee::wee::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::party0011::party0011: :party0011::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

But I know what you mean - a pound a week doesn't feel much of a reward for a week's dieting does it? But think of that over a year like that poem I posted recently. I for one wd be over the moon with a pound off a week but that's not happening cos I'm not dieting!!

Did you give this week's diary to your consultant? If so - wonder if she will find something - but as you know the plan inside out I'm not sure she will. Well done again Doreen xx

Hurray! Well done, Doreen! This will be the start of the weight dropping away now, I'm sure! So good to see the scales going down. I'll be really disappointed if I haven't lost anything this week, as I've sacrificed my bananas. I usually have one sliced over All Bran every morning and take one with me for morning playtime too. Have been having nude All Bran all week :eek: and an apple at break time, which hasn't felt as filling. I read somewhere that 3 apples a day will boost your metabolism so.......we'll see, on Sunday!

I love having a good Spring Clean, Doreen. It's so good to get things done, isn't it? I'm off for Half Term week now so, hopefully, I can get some things sorted and cleaned out too. :) Must admit, this holiday seems to have come round really quickly; not that I'm complaining, of course!

Thanks for the Welsh lesson, Linda. :) Absolutely LOVE the name for microwave!! It's so much better than the English version! Might have to start using it instead. Well, with a maiden name like Lloyd, I should be able to get away with it quite easily! I hope you manage to sleep better tonight. I haven't slept well for most of the week, this week. I've kept waking up so have ended up with about 4-5 hours sleep each night. :( In fact, now I don't have to get up so early, I think I'll resort to having a dose of Night Nurse before bed. That always knocks me out. It's brilliant!

Well, even though Pete finished work earlier today, he's gone off for his horse riding lesson so we're eating as late as we normally do, tonight! We're going to have pan-fried salmon fillets, which we both love. Should be extremely brainy, the amount of fish we eat!! Anyway, bye for now. xx

Gosh you are good girls and I should be sitting in the corner for being so naughty! I'm sure it was tough to sway bananas for apples all week - a friend of mine says she feels hungrier after eating an apple than she was before she ate it and I know what she means - altho I like the them. Mmmm.. 3 apples increase the metabolism - that's worth a try isn't it - here's hoping you get the loss you deserve on Sunday - fingers crossed for you.

That wd set you up for a good week off work wdn't it? Yes I reckon the Lloyd name may mean you have some Welsh blood in your veins Kathy so perhaps I shd post a new Welsh word each week!

We're not fish lovers here but we do enjoy fried salmon - it seems much more tasty fried.
I slept well thanks last night but when I got up at about 8.00 am - I felt tired - so I did something I've never done before - I went back to bed ...... and woke up at 2.00 pm!! I felt much better for it what a waste of a day! I managed to do a bit of gardening - at long last the veg is coming on - it's been so cold up to now - everything I'm growing is making slow progress this year. Poppy enjoys it too - of course her attention span in pretty short but last year she grew flowers in small plant pots for her classroom assistants, teachers and the school secretary (who she's very fond of). This year she's doing a small herb/salad garden for the secretary and herbs with a couple of flowers for the others.

Well I haven't done much in my short day but I'm afraid that wasn't on plan. xx

How lovely of Poppy to do that! :) She must take after her Grandma! Is she on Half Term holiday next week?

Wow! You must, obviously, have needed that extra sleep, Linda! I know what you mean though, about a wasted day. I sometimes manage a bit of a lie-in at the weekend but hate it if I waste too much of the day. Although the thought of going back to bed seems so appealing at times, if I do that, you can guarantee I can't get back to sleep! I am a rubbish sleeper, especially when not in my own bed so, goodness knows how I'll get on in August when, as you know, we'll be staying in several different hotels with the Aussie guests! I'll have to take plenty of Night Nurse with me! :D

Thanks for the good wishes for WI on Sunday. So glad Doreen managed to lose something this week.

Well, I'm off to bed very soon now so I'll say 'Good night' and let's hope we all have a restful sleep tonight! :) xx

P.S. A Welsh word per week would be very interesting! :)

Ladies I am a bit late tonight. Will catch up on your posts in the morning,

Friday 22nd May

hexa 350ml skimmed milk
hexb Nothing

Breakfast 2 small pieces cake & 1/2 rolo cake at class food tasting.
Lunch Lettuce, tom, 3 tinned spuds, 2 slices ham. 15g lf cheese. 1tbs dressing.
150g frozen berries Yogurt & sweetener
Snack: banana coffee
Dinner
5% mince. onion, pasatta bns courgette 35g tub philli cheese mixed in pasta
2 bananas & yogurt. 500g over the day.

Syns:.......................10 for the day.
cakes - 5.

Dressing - .5
Cheese lf 20g - 3
philly pot 35g - 1.5

I got a reputation comment today. I don`t know who from though.

Night

Last edited:
Ladies I am a bit late tonight. Will catch up on your posts in the morning,

Friday 22nd May

hexa 350ml skimmed milk
hexb Nothing

Breakfast 2 small pieces cake & 1/2 rolo cake at class food tasting.
Lunch Lettuce, tom, 3 tinned spuds, 2 slices ham. 15g lf cheese. 1tbs dressing.
150g frozen berries Yogurt & sweetener
Snack: banana coffee
Dinner
5% mince. onion, pasatta bns courgette 35g tub philli cheese mixed in pasta
2 bananas & yogurt. 500g over the day.

Syns:.......................10 for the day.
cakes - 5.

Dressing - .5
Cheese lf 20g - 3
philly pot 35g - 1.5

I got a reputation comment today. I don`t know who from though.

Night

Hey Doreen - quantities included now - fantastic - and a great day not even any HEX Bs - you're really going for it now - you'll be in the 14s before long at this rate - you are inspiring mentally but I'm still not getting down to it - I'm going to try again 2moro. Night, Night xx

How lovely of Poppy to do that! :) She must take after her Grandma! Is she on Half Term holiday next week?

Wow! You must, obviously, have needed that extra sleep, Linda! I know what you mean though, about a wasted day. I sometimes manage a bit of a lie-in at the weekend but hate it if I waste too much of the day. Although the thought of going back to bed seems so appealing at times, if I do that, you can guarantee I can't get back to sleep! I am a rubbish sleeper, especially when not in my own bed so, goodness knows how I'll get on in August when, as you know, we'll be staying in several different hotels with the Aussie guests! I'll have to take plenty of Night Nurse with me! :D

Thanks for the good wishes for WI on Sunday. So glad Doreen managed to lose something this week.

Well, I'm off to bed very soon now so I'll say 'Good night' and let's hope we all have a restful sleep tonight! :) xx

P.S. A Welsh word per week would be very interesting! :)

Yes half term here next week - that's when the week long Eisteddfod is held each year. Happy to post a Welsh word here - but don't want to become a Welsh bore or impose on lovely Doreen's thread either!!

Hope you sleep tonight and reckon you will need your Night Nurse for your lovely sounding holiday - I think I can usually sleep well wherever I lay my head - cos for over 20 years my job meant I travelled a fair bit and had to get used to it or walk around in a trance all the time! Night, Night Kathy xx

How fab Doreen - into the 15s - well done that's a real achievement isn't it? Let's celebrate.......

:greenapple::greenapple::greenapple::bananalove::bananalove::bananalove::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049::wee::wee::wee::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::party0011::party0011: :party0011::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

But I know what you mean - a pound a week doesn't feel much of a reward for a week's dieting does it? But think of that over a year like that poem I posted recently. I for one wd be over the moon with a pound off a week but that's not happening cos I'm not dieting!!

Did you give this week's diary to your consultant? If so - wonder if she will find something - but as you know the plan inside out I'm not sure she will. Well done again Doreen xx

That is so lovely Linda. Thank you. I am pleased too. Yes weights now when I remember.
I think it will help me when looking back---well that is what I hope.
I put the diary in box for C to look at. I won`t be there to pick it up next week so will have to see the week after.

I used to find apples made me hungry but now I take the skin off and slice pieces off and eat it that way. Strange really. I just love my bananas, not often a day goes by without at least 2.

That is so lovely what Poppy is doing for school. They will love it when it is ready.
I love a sleep during the day as long as I can get to sleep at night.

Kathy hope you get a weight loss on Sunday. Just 1lb will give you a boost even tho it is never enough is it.

Put washing out this morning, no rain forecast but luckily after 2 hours my neighbour called that it had started so took washing in. :mad:. Went for a little walk to the end of the road, then the skys opened again. Sugar, my coat was soaked.

Last edited:
Afternoon, ladies! :)

Well, it was sunny here - until I hung the washing out, then it went a bit cloudy! No rain though so have left the washing out. Had a bad head for most of the day so, after taking the extra strong tablets, feel quite floaty and zonked out now but, at least, the headache is on the way out! I was going to do lots of housework but have had to leave it until tomorrow or during the week now. At least that's an option because of Half Term.

I loved the sound of your dinner yesterday, Doreen. I imagine it was very tasty. Pasta and Philly - mmm! I hope you're having a good day today.

What was your job, Linda? No, travelling around and sleeping in different places, definitely wouldn't have suited me! Maybe with all the walking around in August, plus the Night Nurse, I'll end up sleeping like a log, wherever we are! :)

Well, it's the Eurovision Song Contest tonight, I think, but we probably won't be watching it. We have watched it occasionally, off and on, over the years but usually end up switching over. There seems to be more and more political voting involved and most of the fun seems to have gone from the songs too. Whatever happened to the typical sounding Eurovision songs? Songs like Waterloo, Congratulations, Save Your Kisses For Me, Making Your Mind Up, etc. I'm not saying I liked them all but they were bouncy and full of energy. Lots of them nowadays just sound like dirges!! Or, maybe, I'm just getting old! :D

Anyway, that's all for now from the old grouch! 'Speak' later, no doubt. Oh, good. The sun's back out again! :) xx

Mmm I really enjoyed that dinner Kathy. Today`s was good too. Chorizo, mushroom, pepper onion, cumin. All mixed into boiled rice and served with chicken. It was lovely. Just a little improvement needed. Not sure what but will ask my sister.

Hope you head is getting better, headaches are awful.

Have you watched any of the 60yrs of Eurovision. I saw some last night that I had recorded. Parts were quite good. I did run through some of it though. I do agree with what you say about it too. I haven`t watched any of it live for a very long time. I like to know who has won. Don`t even know who is singing our song this year.

Well ol` grouch, hope you feel better soon. Half tern next week so a rest for you. Not me though I am children sitting.

Back