My day has went from bad to worse :(

Tracyx

Silver Member
I don't know why but today has been horrible, I woke up feeling so fat and hungry and it's taking me all my time not to eat.

I have been telling myself all day to stay strong and not undo all my hard work so I thought the perfect thing to cheer me up would be a sneaky peak on the scales so on I went and 0, absolutely nothing so now I feel even worse because im the very same weight I was last Saturday :(.

I know I'm still 2 days away from my official weigh-in day but even i know the chance of suddenly dropping 3lbs in 2 days is slim to none.

I know I've been 100% this week so I'm just going to stay strong and hope its just a glitch and things will go back to normal next week x

Last edited:
Hello. Definitely don't do anything stupid as you will only end up feeling worse about it! I completely understand how you feel it's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, but just stay focused. Treat yourself to some non food treats like a nice bath or nail painting

Start 10st 11.4lbs
Goal weight 9st 3lbs
Ultimate goal weight 8st 10lbs

Or do what I'm about to do and torture yourself by watching Cookery shows on I player - I can't help myself

Start 10st 11.4lbs
Goal weight 9st 3lbs
Ultimate goal weight 8st 10lbs

Are you drinking enough water? Apparently a slow time on the scales can be down to water retention and the best way to get rid of it is drinking loads of water x

I feel your pain. I started S&S on Tuesday weighing 10.7. I'm currently 10.9. How the hell have I gone up when I've been 100% by the book? I was 11.11 yesterday and felt like crying as it's taken ages to get from that to 10.7 and it's been undone in one night without me so much as even licking a chocolate bar. I'm feeling pretty gutted as I'd hoped to switch from LT but it seems like that's the only thing that's giving me a loss.

I know it's awful especially when you've been 100%, I have to keep reminding myself I have lost 11lbs in my first 2 weeks so if my weight did STS this week then it really wouldn't be the end of the world but it does make you feel like a failure when everyone around you is losing at least 4lb a week :(.

I'm thinking it might be water retention because even though it's not TOTM I do feel very bloated and hormonal so maybe the diet is playing haywire with my hormones.

I did go a little off plan tonight for the first time since I started as I had a little more protein than we're allowed and went mad and had one of my sons cheese strings!! lol, so i didnt go over my carbs but my calories were way over but I'm not angry with myself as the little extra I had took away the feeling of wanting to eat so probably saved me from having a good old binge :(.

I actually think I'm just so upset because its my birthday on Monday and I was really hoping to get to my 1st goal of 13st by then and as I was 13.4 on Saturday so i challenged myself to be 100% to try and lose 4lbs in 9 days but now with only 3 days to go i know it's impossible.

But I've decided I'm going to stay 100% until Monday then I'm going to allow myself 1 meal off plan to enjoy my birthday and re-charge my batteries then I'll be back 100% until Xmas x

Last edited:
I know it's awful especially when you've been 100%, I have to keep reminding myself I have lost 11lbs in my first 2 weeks so a STS week wouldn't be the end of the world but it makes you feel like such a failure :(

I'm thinking water retention because even though it's not TOTM I do feel very bloated and hormonal so maybe the diet is playing haywire with my hormones.

I did go a little off plan tonight for the first time since I started as I had a little more protein than we're allowed and went mad and had one of my sons cheese strings!! lol, but I'm not angry with myself as the little extra I had took away the feeling of wanting to eat so probably saved me from having a good old binge :(.

I actually think I'm just so upset because its my birthday on Monday and I was really hoping to get to my 1st goal of 13st by then and as I was 13.4 on Saturday so i challenged myself to be 100% to try and lose 4lbs in 9 days but now with only 3 days to go i know it's impossible.

But I've decided I'm going to stay 100% until Monday then I'm going to allow myself 1 meal off plan to enjoy my birthday and re-charge my batteries then I'll be back 100% until Xmas x

Well done Tracey for your commitment so far and not completely falling off the wagon. I know it's hard when you really commit to the diet and it feels like your efforts have gone to waste. 4 days left and you can have a lovely meal on Monday and I'm sure you will lose something by then, I'm trying to stop eating before 7pm as your digestive system slows down after then still crap with water and I know that plays a big role in the weightloss, but I have faith in you they you'll be alright sometime leading up to TOTM water retention occurs so that might be the cause. Next week will be a better week for you Hun! Xx

Hey hun, this diet does throw our hormones all out of whack. I'm still waiting for my totm (a week late! But lovely cramps all week! Grr!), but also - sounds daft but try changing the batteries in your scales. I remember on Cambridge diet I was 100% and yes some weeks are STS or half a pound off, but I had gained 2lbs! The consultant kept asking me what I'd done and said I was only lying to myself if I didn't come clean!! But I had been totally on plan!! I came home so upset, got on my own scales and it showed a 2lb loss!! Needless to say the following week it looked like I had lost 6lbs to my consultant because she had changed the batteries!! Very annoying.
Also - there's the er, toilet issue - if you get my drift.
Well done for not going crazy and binging!!
Keep at it until your birthday, drinks lots of water and see.
Good luck Xx

Back