My determination to maintain my goal weight !!!

Damn you woman...I'd forgotten all about that gem of an idea :mad:

Grrrrrrr :D

Whoops. Sorry :giggle: I haven't had it since I mentioned it other day.

Have had almonds though :clap: Keep a few in my pocket for 'emergencies'. No more tummy rumbles in class :D

Just wanted to say that I lurk in this forum, it's interesting to me to see how CDers are now maintaining, as it will hopefully be me soon :)

As for almonds, I am not keen, but am certainly open to trying them again in the future, just in case.. I love most nuts, so maybe I can retrain my tastebuds! I love Ameretto, but hate marzipan..

xxx

There's a seperate section????? :rolleyes:

I'm a serial lurker (as you know KD hehe) and only ever hit new posts..... i never know which 'forum' i'm posting in on the occasion that I do, and am a complete 'tart' forumwise... hehe, not fussed who I talk to :D

Meanwhile..... almonds... I never knew! OMG I wish I'd read this before starting my baking marathon tonight (dont ask, many disasters, hope the bunch of 7yr olds expecting cakes are happy with bits of them!)

I'm going to add almonds to my shopping list now....... thanks :D

I lurk about all the CD forums, it's good to see that people can maintain and how they do it. I know it's too early to be thinking about it but I need to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I don't post much in CD maintenance because I'm not there so don't have any advice for people but i'm reading!

hey nibbles, do you have a calorie level that you have learned is good for you?
Not really, just haven't reverted to the old habits that i had allowed to become the norm. ie. several biscuits at a time, crisps, cheese, booze every night and piggy portions. Now i have one biccie , crisps once a week if at all, one glass of wine. I just don't seem to miss my old vices. etc. Strange but fab.:)

1500-1800 cals sees me maintain and haven't really gone any higher, apart from the PIG OUT twice last week at work. But i never could say no to my favourite Churrascaria restaurant where you eat unlimited amounts of Argentinian cuts of beef plus other meats and seafood and a salad buffet to fill the plate. :eek: An experience i never could resist, once every 15-18 months.

On my GI style days, i encourage myself to select whole meal bread, brown rice, whole meal couscous and eat loads of chicken and fish. Never ate poached eggs, but now they figure often in my weeks. Let's put it this way, i never gave food a thought before. Now i am very aware of the fat content, calorie content, sugar content and am doing everything in moderation.

My skiing hols two weeks ago(1lb) and this past week at work(2lbs) have seen a weight increase of 3lbs, so the next week will see me avoiding treats.:eek: Oh dear, Mother's Day and i have scoffed some chocs. Well, tomorrow will see me being strict, or else i hope you Forumites will help put me back on the straight and narrow, if i fail to continue my new me..;)

Have a good Sunday everybody. Happy Mothers Day.

...i have scoffed some chocs. Well, tomorrow will see me being strict, or else i hope you Forumites will help put me back on the straight and narrow, if i fail to continue my new me..;)

...me too with the choc!! :eek:oh well it was mothers day and it was lovely!

Hope you are back on the healthy wagon today hun!

xx

Hey - I hope you enjoyed mothers day - I have had a really bad day - I just felt te "need" but back to it from tomorrow... Have a great evening

Well today has seen me behaving again and my jeans feel normal again, so maybe those ghastly 2-3 lbs have done a runner. Or is that wishful thinking. Refuse to stand on the scales 'til the weekend.
Still wonder what it might have been like to have reached the last goal of 9st 7lbs and not have settled for 9st 10lbs. But as written in another post, my body just seemed to reach a stage where it refused to budge.

Tend to do shredded wheat or muesli with skimmed milk most mornings.
Poached eggs are now consumed on a regular basis.
Only whole meal bread for me, but i love that change.

Chicken and veg curry on brown rice for tea, not my first choice, but a healthier option than my preference.
Take care all.

...Chicken and veg curry on brown rice for tea...
are you sure you're not me in disguise?? i have this 3 or 4 times a week:8855:!! me and hubby have a 'who can make the hottest curry contest' on the go at the moment, i'm winning and i've just bought some scotch bonnet & Bird eye chillies to take it up another level...hee hee:drool: how evil am i??!

well done on those jeans hun and getting back to healthy!

xx

Hiya,

Glad to see jeans are comfy again! I'm sure the scales will be nice to you when you decide to get on them! And if they aren't just remember, it can't possibly be fat!

Keep up the good work hon xx

Hiya,
I'm sure the scales will be nice to you when you decide to get on them! And if they aren't just remember, it can't possibly be fat!
xx

Oh yes it could be :ashamed0005: I have gone down with a stinker of a cold and have to admit to a few comfort nibbles today. Oh well:(

Working over the next couple of days and on a night shift tomorrow night, so should keep me on the straight and narrow til Saturday. Or is that wishful thinking?????

Is it possible to pass germs on via a post.???? I am in a real bad way today. Kleenex tissues in constant use and i feel lousy. Only 8pm and in my PJs, cos i want today to end and hope to wake up in the morning feeling back to normal. Somehow, i got your cold.:mad:

PS Whoever invented brown rice should be shot:eek:. I eat the stuff, but i don't enjoy it. Thank God the curry part of last night's dinner was delicious. LOL.
Sorry nibbs didn't mean to spread my cyber germs to you! hope yours goes as quickly as mine though, feel much better today!
so that's one thing we differ on too..i love brown rice just wish it would cook quicker!:rolleyes: everyone else's dinner always eaten by the time my rice is done!;)

xx

Better stay off this germy thread... is this what they mean by a computer virus?!!! Hope you are both better soon!
xxx

The dreaded scales!!! How i avoid them now, for fear of being paranoid. As long as my clothes feel comfy , then i know i am in the safe zone.
I am 9st 11lbs as of today, after an indulgent weekend, but i just go back to 9st 10lbs, if i eat normally within my 1500-1800 cals for a few days afterwards.
I avoid driving on the school run, morning and afternoon. Thus ensuring that i get a power walk in one direction ( after drop off at 9am & then again at 3.15pm when i go to collect) and the kids benefit too.
I keep wondering whether i should try for 9st 7lbs, but think i would only do it by cutting down on calories, not using CD products.
My friend and neighbour is gently approaching me with questions about CD, but i am not pushing her. A mutual friend of ours is doing CD after seeing my losses and now i reckon a few more school mums are about to jump on the bandwagon. Will be interesting to see their progress :D

As long as my clothes feel comfy , then i know i am in the safe zone.

Hi Nibbles

If only we were happy with that eh? And yet it seems at the moment that a few of us on here are feeling that we should be losing just that little bit more...I wonder why that is?

Maybe we have trouble accepting that this is it - that this is the body shape (not body weight) we are supposed to be and somehow another few lbs off will make life that much better? Or maybe we feel goal-less now? :confused:

It's great though that your weight loss has inspired others around you - that must feel good :D

xx

Well two weeks since i posted here and i have to admit, i dare not and will not stand on the scales for a few days.
We had overseas visitors staying with us from Thursday 'til yesterday and along with the Easter Bunny dropping in, i threw all caution to the wind. Probably up 2 or 3 lbs.
Had a fab time and no regrets. Just know that i will be more aware of my intake for the next few days.
Had shredded wheat for breakfast with skimmed milk and my usual coffee latte too. Shall endeavour to behave for the rest of the day. Will have George Foremaned chicken breast for lunch with cous cous and salad. Dinner no idea.
Difficult with the kids at home on school hols, as it is too easy to snack with them and all those chocolate eggs on every coffee table and side units keep calling.LOL.:eek:.

Totally agree. The freedom is bliss. Of course, eat too much and there's a price to pay, but pay that price moderately. So for instance, if I have a normal eating day and put on weight, I ignore it. If I have a day where I have crisps, the scales inevitably show a gain (probably water retention)...again, I ignore it.

If I have a day where I eat too much (think Thorntons cafe where a Wow coffee and cake = a million calories), regardless of the scales say, I know I've eaten a million calories :D

So I focus a little more the next day (or few). It's not dieting, just thinking a bit more about what I'm eating. I may walk a little further or a little faster, but only because I want to. Not to punish myself...but because I don't need quite so many calories...body has already had them.

I don't obsess. I don't look on it as a challenge, or some work to do. I just look at it logically. I just don't need to eat so much over the next fews days, as I've already had it :D

What I don't do, is suddenly drop my calories big time, or zoom around trying to burn up those extra calories. It's gentle and with care :)

But the yummy coffee and cake doesn't happen often. It's really lubberly, but just because I love it, doesn't mean I need to indulge frequently.

Just knowing that I can eat it anytime, and that I don't have to make the best of it before getting back on that diet, means it doesn't matter if I just go and have a cup of tea there. There's always tomorrow :)

So what i try to do, if i have a day of 'overindulgence'.
So far, this way of thinking has worked for me and i do go back to my goal weight without any difficulty or real effort. KD's post, quoted above is so right for me.

Back