My determination to maintain my goal weight !!!

Glad you had such a great time :)

Agree with you and KD's post about "overindulgence", your stats show that you seem to have found that balance and it's really encouraging to know.

xx

So what i try to do, if i have a day of 'overindulgence'.
So far, this way of thinking has worked for me and i do go back to my goal weight without any difficulty or real effort. KD's post, quoted above is so right for me.
This is such fab way to look at it i'm so glad you have worked out the right way, i'm still working on my head screaming "too many cals = panic" mode!

Glad you had a good time with your visitors. knwo what you mean about the choc eggs, they are slowly finding their way to the bin, rather chuck than eat!!

xx

the choc eggs, they are slowly finding their way to the bin, rather chuck than eat!!
xx

Wish i was so good. I have to confess, my mouth has been my bin. Lost count now. Help !!!!:eek:

Wish i was so good. I have to confess, my mouth has been my bin. Lost count now. Help !!!!:eek:
chuck em chuck em chuck em!!! you'll feel so much better when they are out of the way, or you could do what i did and suggest melting the down to make rice krispy cakes and then...."awww it's been a few days now so they've gone off...sorry kids!" (ha ha...evil mum!)
I am just thinking about their dental health;) honest!

xx

chuck em chuck em chuck em!!! you'll feel so much better when they are out of the way,
xx

Oh Lelly:eek:how i never though that Easter could do this to me. My biggest test so far and i failed.;) Just need to get back on track ASAP.

Oh Lelly:eek:how i never though that Easter could do this to me. My biggest test so far and i failed.;) Just need to get back on track ASAP.
Not failed, just made a choice:D
my house is now choc egg free...hurrah!! not trying to rub it in or anything:hide:
xx

I ate all of the rest of my mini eggs yesterday...so much for having a few a day!! At least they all gone now x

Second what Lelly said, with my own twist.... didn't fail, LEARNED.

xxx

:eek:how i never though that Easter could do this to me. My biggest test so far and i failed.;) Just need to get back on track ASAP.

After a really BAD week, tomorrow sees me ensure i get back on the straight and narrow. Haven't got the courage to stand on the scales after my Easter break and this past week with the kids home from school.
All the nice choccies have gone now, so all temptation gone.:cry:

...All the nice choccies have gone now, so all temptation gone...

phew! glad to hear it hun! get back to healthy and leave the scales a few days, you'll be fine!
xx

Aww hun!

It can be quite hard sometimes can't it? I'm glad all the naughty temptations are gone and you can have a day without choc basically being thrown at you ;-)

You're learning to do this, don't beat yourself up over it! Be extra good for the next few days and you will be just fine!

Keep us posted honni you're doing great!

x

Hey Nibbs, just wanted to 'hi', how are you hun? hope all well with you?

xx

Good point Lelly.

Nibbles dear, time for your check up ! You can't go AWOL on us you know, we have spies and radar feeds and all of you. Did my eyes deceive me or did you NOT have 2 pieces of fruit yesterday????

xx

Good point Lelly.
Nibbles dear, time for your check up ! You can't go AWOL on us you know, we have spies and radar feeds and all of you. Did my eyes deceive me or did you NOT have 2 pieces of fruit yesterday????
xx
No not me, but 2 glasses of wine.:eek:
Hello all of you, i may not be posting , but i certainly am lurking. Can't keep me away.
So enjoy reading everyone's progress and dilemmas .
Haven't stood on my scales in weeks. Easter chocolate binge kept me off them. LOL
Work skirt ( size 10 ) still loose and still fitting comfortably into my new clothes. Might pluck up the courage and peep at the scales this weekend.:eek: Maybe not !!! If i am above 10 stone i shall scream and you all will hear it.
I am off work for 5 weeks, having opted for a month of unpaid leave. Being at home daytimes will be a real test of strength, she says, as she downs a bowl of home-made vegetable and barley soup. Attempting to resist the kids' snack bars and nibbles will be prove whether i am retrained in my eating habits.
Friends all around me are trying the Cambridge Diet, following my success. One is 4lbs from goal and i can't wait to see her next week. Another lost 11lbs in the first week and then was rather disappointed with a 1 lb loss in week 2, but really hope she continues with SS. Another is on SS and has lost weight, but keeps cheating at home and going out for meals, such a shame that she is only seeing a very slow result and a very expensive slow loss at £40 per week.
Yes, the Cambridge Diet isn't the most socially agreeable diet, but it is only for a short time and well worth getting back into a healthy zone.
Back to lurking with an occasional post. I still check in everyday for a read of the diaries and posts.
Have a fab Bank Holiday weekend. Love Nibbles. xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
No not me, but 2 glasses of wine.:eek:
Hello all of you, i may not be posting , but i certainly am lurking. Can't keep me away.
:eek: Maybe not !!! If i am above 10 stone i shall scream and you all will hear it.
Yes, the Cambridge Diet isn't the most socially agreeable diet, but it is only for a short time and well worth getting back into a healthy zone.
Back to lurking with an occasional post. I still check in everyday for a read of the diaries and posts.
Love Nibbles. xxxxxxxxx

So did you all hear me scream???? Yes, i am ashamed, i have to admit my sins, but yes , i allowed my weight to creep up during April and May.
My last post on this thread was on the 1st May, when i knew i might have a struggle ahead of me. Two weeks ago, i nipped it in the bud and went back to my CDC for advice.
After 2 weeks on CD810, my scales read 9st 13lbs BMI 23.9.
So back in the nines, but seeing if i can get to that last unachieved goal of 9st 7lbs. My body refused to go below 9st 10lbs at Xmas.
I check in most days when i am not working and love to read all the posts, old names, new names, progress and some not doing so well, relating to so many of the confessions and feelings admitted by the forumites.
So many posts express my feelings and could have been written by me.Only wish i would have had the courage to post more often and maybe i wouldn't have allowed myself to gain those unwelcome lbs.
I do miss the fact that so many reach goal and then fail to return with updates or advice. Suppose i see how that happens, going by what has happened to me over the last three months.
My next test of strength will be the summer hols, as i am off work from 20 JUly til 1st September. All those kids' nibbles and chilled glasses of ....:eek:
However, it's great to see this Maintenance sub-forum take shape and succeed, since it commenced earlier this year.
Just need to get a regular weekly session going over in the Chatroom, for those who might wish to chat. Ought to have a straw poll, deciding a day of the week between 9pm and 10pm for example.

Nibbles great to see you. I didn't hear you scream, you need to come on minis and scream, that way we can help! It's great to see you back on track though honey and in great spirits. Chatroom idea is great... have never used one, eek!

Doing some small-scale screaming myself today... think I need an emergency CD bar to bash the cravings on the head.

xxx

Hey nibbles! Great news on the results after 810 weeks!:clap:
so, are you sticking with 810 or moving up again? So glad you got a grip on it straightaway you've done right thing by going back to CDC and sorting it! yay Nibbles!!

Am sooo with you on the summer hols worries, :eek: I am home this year for the first time ever since kids started school, work finishing in 2 weeks...eek!! Think i'm going to get them walking, told my daughter today i was going to take them walking to Castell Coch (bout 12 mile walk round trip ha ha!..) and she doesn't believe i'll make them walk the whole way...we'll see! :sign0151:
Been chained to this desk in my house for 10 years can't wait to get out of the godamned house...freedom!!.... where's my blue face paint!;)

xxx

Great thread. :)

Back