My Diary - I WILL lose 6 stone!

nikkx

After reading a few peoples diaries I thought it would be a good idea to start my own!

Today (16th September) I am roughly 16 stone & a size 18/20.

It's 14 weeks until christmas & by then I would like to have lost 20lb.

Working in an office i find it hard as people bring in cakes etc for birthdays. However after reading what people have said abouts snacks, I am now off to buy things to keep in work that will help me start losing some weight!!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! :heartpump:

Hi Nikkx, are you following any specific diet? :rolleyes:. It's really easy, I work in a call centre and it's difficult. But by letting my team know about my diet they encourage me even more and pick me up on my down days. We have replaced bringing in sweets in our team with bringing in fruit instead :Dx

Invent yourself diabetic lol, just go into work one day with a really glum face and tell everyone your doctor has told you you have to watch your blood sugars or you risk becoming diabetic, which is probably true for anyone who is overweight.

I have to visit different companies every day and am always being offered biscuits and cakes even lunch!, so i just say no thanks, im diabetic (which i really am, type 2 due to years of being obese) and those biscuits and offers of food dissapear like magic. People will never try to make you eat something if they think it will make you ill, whereas if you say that you are trying to lose weight, they invariably say 'oh these are so delicious, you should just try one'

Good luck with your weight loss, keep updating your diary and you will get lots of support. I was 17st 5lb just 4 months ago, and im now 13.4, if i can do it, anyone can!

thanks for the support!

just been to the shops, & now having a healthy lunch (or so i think) of riveta with low fat cheese & grapes. actually the yummyest tasting lunch iv had in a while!

good luck hun! i was 18 stone 4lbs in january and im now 12 stone 13lbs so it can be done :)

thanks Ria!
I read your diary, omg how did u manage to stay on track?
the site's showed me anyone can do it!! x

okayyy so far today iv done not bad;

yoghurt & grapes for brekfast - 100cal
2 x Rivita with low fat cheese - 100 cal
litre of water

said no when offered a roll & bacon, & also cakes :D

feel better already!

just not sure what to do about dinner tonight; normally it would be a takeaway. . . . .!!

Good luck on you're diet and I hadn't realised christmas was only 14 weeks away. You can reach your goal if you put ur mind to it. :)

thanks Ria!
I read your diary, omg how did u manage to stay on track?
the site's showed me anyone can do it!! x

really the incentive for me was losing clothes sizes! as soon as my size 24s starting getting to big for me i was smiling! my first goal was to be able to shop in the normal section of new look.

Now my goal is to get in to size 16 jeans, i could probably sqeeze in to them just but im going to wait until my hips get a little bit small so it would be comfortable!

You can do it! and minimins has been a great help to me too!

thanks for the support guys :thankyou:

wasn't feeling to good at the weekend, the thought/smell of food was making me feel sick for some reason :sign0137: so never really ate much!

back on track today though :party0049:

- yoghurt & grapes for brekfast
- 2 x Rivita with low fat cheese & cupasoup
- litre of water

also my partner commented that he thought i had lost some weight :D was a nice wee boost to keep me motivated over the weekend :heartpump:

& iv lost 1 lb since i joined last week :superwoman:

so lastnight i started doing extra in work, cleaning the office; took an hour & felt like great exercise! (& im gettin paid for it) :D

i didn't really feel that great again lastnight so only had soup for dinner.

i couldn't avoid the scales when i walked past them, i was shocked to see they said 16st 5lb! that's 3lb less than i was at the weekend (surely thats not right?) i weighed myself again this morning as i'v heard this is the best time to do it; 16st 7lb!! not sure what one of these would be most accurate; but it's stil a weight loss - YAYYY :bliss::woohoo:

having a down day today! feel like total cr*p! as for healthy eating? i'v went from eating healthy to not wanting to eat at all & not feeling hungry :(

constant mood swings don't help either; but im puting this down to pcos & stress at work!

feel totally yuck :sign0137:

That happened in my first month - I actually lost my appetite. I think it was the change in the types of food I was eating. I've got my appetite back now though! How I'm gonna keep this up for a year or more I don't know :D

Just scarf some vegetables babes, it'll perk you right up. When I start feelig a bit grim I eat a plate of broccolli and gravy, but any veg should help.

You're doing great, just keep up what you're doing, you can definitely reach your goal by Christmas!

Since starting this thread on 16th September, I managed quiet well at eating healthy.

However, round about December I totally fell off the healthy eating track, & now im back to square one :(

I havent used the forum for a number of months, but recently I was told by a "close family member" that I was fat! something i already know, but it still hurts having someone else tell you this. :cry:

I have been struggling with mood swings & worrying, & am now on tablets for anxiety! This is currently getting better but I still have down days where i just want to hide & everything to go away (im sure im not the only one like this!)

So from today i WILL eat healthy & regurarly visit the forum for help & support.

I cant afford to join any slimming clubs etc, so I want to try & stick to healthy eating.

Can anyone suggest what they'v found works for them? In the past few months iv totally went off chocolate, biscuits, crisps & sweets. I dont think im snacking as much + im doing more exercise. But nothing seems to be changing!

Day 1: So today I felt really down, didn't really have much of an appetite. I had toast for breakfast & some fruit at lunch. I couldnt get rid of the sicky feeling I had, which normally goes away after having something to eat, but looking at food made me feel worse! I also made sure i had plenty of water all day. By the time it came to dinner all i could face eating was toast, not much all day i know, & shouldnt be eating too much bread.

After work my bf decided to take me to the cinema to try & cheer me up. I find it really easy not to eat here, as im not big on popcorn & have went off sweets.

However, the problem started when i was getting ready to go out. I must have tried on about 5/6 different outfits, none of which i felt looked nice or i felt comfertable in! Then i started to worry what other people would think? I had a feeling everyone would be staring at me, & i had a total panic! :(

I hate feeling like this, & im starting to hate myself as i know i could change all of this, however i dont feel i am able to do this on my own, & maybe im just ment to be fat?

Day 2: Feeling a bit better today, although really tired & struggled to get up for work! Breakfast was toast & water. Not ate anything so far in work, but im going for lunch with a friend, so think a baked potato & salad might be the best idea!

I dont feel in "diet mode" to be honest i dont think i eat a lot of rubbish? iv cut out sweets, chocolate & boredum eating! I have the odd can of juice when im not feeling to great, as it boosts my blood sugar (been told to keep an eye on this as i can regurarly feel dizzy!)

Ohh how good would it be to afford a personal trainer & someone to make me healthy food all the time, then surely id lose weight in no time! I dont really want this to be a diet though, suppose i want it to be me changing forever :D

Could do with support though, can anyone relate to what i have said? :wave_cry:

This picture was in December'10, hopefully the next picture i post will show a difference!! x

Last edited:
Day 2: So yesterday's a bit of a blur, to be honest i think i was half asleep all day? At lunch i really didnt have an appetite, so nibbled at some salad, while my friend dug into a massive burger! Again, lots of water & dinner was chicken & rice! I was so tired lastnight so went to bed very early.

Day 3: I feel so good today! Must have needed a good long sleep. Had toast for fruit & yoghurt for breakfast, while making lunch to take to work with me! Something i haven't done in a longtime. I made a small tuna salad and also took an apple + banana just incase!

To be honest i have found i dont eat at much in work as i used to. Think it was mostly boredum eating! It doesnt help though when people come into the office with chippys etc!

I will need to do the dreaded weigh in tomorrow morning. Im not really use exactly what i weighed 3 days ago, so might be a bit of a suprize! Hopefully a good one though, would love it to be under the 16 stone mark! fingers & toes crossed :D

Well done for getting back on the wagon. I need to. I plan to start tomorrow. Any advice for me?

Thanks Sunshine :D

I'v found the forum has helped a lot. I read other people's stories & how they have fallen off the wagon, got back on & are now doing great!

Surely if they can do it we can as well!!

Good luck with starting today :D

I wouldnt call what im doing a "diet" it's more watching what i eat & eating sensibly. I don't need a roll & bacon to start the morning, or to go out for lunch most days, to mcdonalds etc. Im also not eating after 7pm; to be honest im really cutting out all the cr*p! not boredum eating is the key for me i think :D so far so good!

Fingers crossed for you xx

Back