My Diary of Ups and Downs - weightloss, food and life.

Val72

OK - have decided to re-start my diet with Slimming World. I know it works - was a target member at one point, but you know how it goes, you take your eye off the prize, 2 pregnancies and life!...

I have been living in Australia for 3 years and have been stuck around the 11 stone mark - I would be my perfect weight if I was around 2 foot taller, but being 5'1", I am borderline obese. So time to bite the bullet and put some serious effort into loosing some weight. There arnt any SW groups in oz, but I am a member of the slimming World website and I will use this thread to record my food, things that go on in my life and general feelings. I am signing up to go on a shopping trip to Melbourne with my kids school at the end of August. I went last year, but didnt buy any clothes as I was 'going to be slimmer soon'. This year I am not going to just say it, I am actually going to do it. And the future starts here!

Todays food: Green day

B - Weetabix and skim milk - hex a & b
L - Mushroom & onion omlette
T - Chicken skewers (hex b), Jacket spud and tinned spaghetti, bbq sauce (5 syns)
snacks - 5 satsumas (over the course of the day, shopping tomorrow!) Coffee with skim milk (hex a)

I have a mountain of ironing to do in front of the tv tonight and grapes if I need to snack. So far so good. :D

Day 2 - so far so good - I counted yesterday as 12 syns - I work on Mondays and the coffee there is quite milky, although we have skim milk I allowed for an extra 350ml - better to over-estimate. Plus chicken kebab for tea - allowing for the marinade and the fact that the chicken tasted a bit fatty. Next time I will make them myself so I can remove any fat and I can be exact about the syns in the sauce. I still havent been shopping so I have to use up what is in the fridge I should get to the shops tomorrow!

Today I have had a busy day - which I find takes my mind off of food - had my hair done, went to pump class and done some gardening. This evening I still have ironing left to do in front of the telly with grapes for snacking.

Todays food - Red

B Oats so simple Apple and cinnimon (6.5 syn) - using up from in cupboard!
L Ham and mushroom sandwich plus 2 satsumas
D Bacon, onion and cheese omlette plus 2 bananas
Snacks - none yet, but I have still got a hex b left, so I might make up 30g of porridge oats with water if I am hungry later, or maybe grapes???

I am fighting to stay off the scales to see how my weight is doing. I know I have only been going for a little over 24 hours, so the scales wont say much change and if I peek I will be disappointed!! I am a terrible scale hopping junkie - but I must resist....

I am really aching today after going to pump yesterday - I can hardly walk tbh!! So not much exercise today, didnt even walk the dogs - they are just staring at me, longingly....

Didnt do much of anything today, just boring old housework, read a bit of my book and started making a dress for my 7 year old daughter to wear to a party at the weekend. I managed to put off the shopping till tomorrow - cant escape it tomorrow though - it is not my favourite task!!! Cups of tea have been helping with the evening snack urges - I have being doing red or green days to get the extra hex for the milk. I have also had the ironing at the ready so I have something to do in the evenings, which sounds good in theory, in practice it just means that the ironing pile just stares at me from the corner of the room - but I am getting v good at ignoring it!!

Food today - green

b - porridge made with water (hex b)
l - cous cous and veg
d mash spud with beans and cheese and salad
snacks - banana roll, satsumas, grapes. jj's 3.5 syns, 8 biscuits (oops!) 12 syns

Tomorrow will be gym in the morning (so long as I can walk!) followed by plannig my food for the week, shopping and sewing - oh the joys!!

I havent been on for a few days doing this bloody dress! It has lining and an outside. I had both of them made up ready to stitch together and showed my daughter. At which point she decided she didn't like the colour of the dress. So I went and bought new material for the outside. In the meantime i went out for coffee with a friend (i had green tea and sat and polished my halo!!!) Anyway her daugher is going to the same party, so I suggested that if she (her daughter) wanted a dress for the party, I have a half made one she could have, just give me some money for some new lining and a zip and she can have it. She agreed - so then I have 2 half made dresses and 24 hours to finish them both for the party at 1pm. So I pulled a late one - finally getting to bed at 4.30 friday night - with the dresses still not finished. Started back on it at 9am saturday morning - I got my daughter to try on her dress for the hem and she decided she did not like it!!! I could've swung for her and sent her to her room to give me time to count to ten!!! I finished the hem and everything on her dress for the party but the second dress was not ready! My stroppy 7 year old decided she did not want to wear the beautifull dress, so nobody wore the dresses to the party. My friend bought her daughter over to pick up her dress after the party. I couldnt be bothered to finish the second dress so I gave my friend my daughers dress - at which point she(my daughter) started crying, cos I was giving away HER dress - even though she didnt want the bloody thing!!! So I promised I would finish the second dress for her. I have to say my friends daughter was like ' this dress is soooo pretty' and was really happy. I am not angry with my daughter - more like a little disappointed plus I know that was exactly what I was like when I was a kid - I am NOT looking forward to her teenage years. In the meantime I have little motivation to finish the dress!

Anyhow 48 hours of constant sewing meant I had little time for snacking, which was good and I have had 2 red days on the trot. Today we are having pork for sunday roast so am going extra easy. I am going to take the fat and crackling off the top and slow cook the meat for about 8 hours so it just falls apart mmmmm.... The only thing is the house will be smelling of food all day - that makes it a little tricky. I have 2 days of housework to catch up on this morning and I might get the wii out later and do some 'just dance' with the kids as its pretty miserable and cold outside - so that is my day mapped out - sorted!!

Yay - 3lbs off this week! I am pleased with that but I know I could've done better. I only managed to write down my food for about 3 days, and I know I do better if I actually keep track. So that is my plan this week - to keep track better.

Work today - so will have lots of milk so will make it a red day. Bacon omlette for lunch and left over roast with a baked spud for tea. yay!!!

Back