My Diary - Thought it was about time!

ruthontheedge

Well i have been looking through all these diaries and keep thinking why don't i do this.... well i have done it.

My background is started CD in Dec 08 had a couple of weeks off at Christmas and in July 09 did my 5 n half stone GONE FOREVER!!:bliss:
I got married in September 2008 and i did loose 2n half stone on ww for that but really wanting to start a family so thought i needed to be as healthy as poss before i did that.
I am wanting to maintain my current weight of 11 n half stone. I am 12 top and 14 bottom which is what i always said i wanted to be and feel like this is me.

I now have a healthy bmi and feel Bloody Great:)! Best thing i have ever done. I have spent 29 years being a fatty and i can now honestly say that when i look at myself now i actually like what i see:princess:!

I've started going to the gym twice a week to generally tone up and a bit of cardio. I miss it when i don't go - how sad is that??:character00116:

Well i have been on 1000 plan and then last week started the 1200. I got weighed last night and had put on a 1lb. Not that bad i suppose and i might have cheated!!(mmm peanut m&m's) so i am now going back to the 1000 (a & b) for a couple of weeks as i know i was becoming a bit slap dash and adding and thinking if i add some extra fruit and low fat yog maybe it would be ok. Think i still need a bit more brain training.

I'm still good at weighing things out as i think this is where i was going wrong before i started CD - i just ate TOO much!
I love eating fruit again but have been having more than i should i think so wonder if this is where the lb has come from?

I know a lb could just be a bit of water and not too much but as you will all now it is horrible to see the scales going up!

Right so today i have wrote my plan for the day and will stick to it....

Brekkie
CD choc shake
40g museli + 200 mls skimmed milk

10am
Apple (i always get the muchies at work)

Lunch
CD cranberry bar
WW low fat yog (48cals)

Evening meal
New potatoes (think its 100g but not got my book with me but i will weigh them to the book)
175g turkey breast
salad leaves + little fat free dressing

+ 100g strawberries (27cals)
+ 100g raspberries (25cals)

Pleanty of water!!

Does this sound ok?

Well hope i haven't bored you all and would appreciate any comments and encouragement.

xxxx

Hi hun,

Well well, haven't you done just amazing....over a hundread pounds is some acheivement. Very well done.

Your menu looks fab to me, think you might have a portion of fruit too much in there though. Think you need 50 cal of fruit which you have with your strawberries and raspberries but there's an extra apple in there too. Don't know how much of a difference it will make as i'm a newbie to the 1000cal step myself.
Also you can have 200g of new potatoes. Hurray!!

Thanks dreamingmaid - yeah i was thinking about that apple but it really helps me get through the morning - does that sound mad??
Maybe i will have to take that out orrrr could have the 100 strawberries as a 'snack' mid morning and then have the rasps in the evening. ALso will check what melon is like in cals as also like that. will have a look when i go home.

When you say over a 100lbs it is quite amazing - in some ways i feel dead proud and the another bit of me feels soooo embarrased when i think i let myself get to that point. Although it is so easy to get like that isn't it? But now when i look back i can see how the weight went on coz i ate crap! and lots of it:cry:

Oh well will have a rethink with my menu for tomorrow. I find if i write down what i plan to eat for the next day or so i find it eaiser to stick to.

x

Well done Ruth, you've done so well! Welcome here.:)

well went to the gym last night - 35mins of cardio and then weights to (try) and tone:whacky068:

4 n half ltrs water

stuck to my plan yesterday as i wrote. Had a bit of a rethink for today and see how this sounds......

Brekkie
1 poached egg on granary toast with scraping of low fat spread (150cals)
1/2 a CD choc shake (77 cals)

100g strawberries (27cals)

Lunch
Cd cranberry bar
1 pot low fat yogurt

Evening meal
salmon fillet (will check as its in my CD book recipies think its 175g - the recipie with couscous)
Couscous
Salad leaves, cucumber and a cherry tom with low fat dressing

100g raspberries (25cals)
1/2 cd shake (77cals)

I was really peeed of yesterday with putting a lb on but my hubby bless him said its only a lb and you don't look like you put on a lb - very tactfull isn't he??
I told him you ask anyone that is loosing weight and a lb gain is like a bloody stone!! Going to put it to the back of my mind though and start afresh.

My weigh in is on Monday night even though i was only weighed on wednesday - my counsellor had been away - so its not a full week but we will see.

I'm going to my inlaws at the end of August and want to look (and feel) FANTASTIC!! Last time i saw them was March and i had lost just over 3 stone then so i'm sure they will still be stunned.

Well see how this day goes - the sun is shining so will get out for a walk in my lunch hour.:rainbow:

Thinking positive!!
xxx

Wow, you have done sooo well ruth. Welcome to the maintenance thread. Your menus look great, the attitude is brill, you will be at goal in no time!

Hi Ruth and welcome to this forum....
You have done so well with your weightloss and well done on the perseverence, that is more than a year losing weight and you have kept on going...
About your 1lb gain, dont worry about it for several reasons, I gained 1lb when I moved up to the next plan, I think the reason it is called maintenance is because the first week on moving up the plans you are likely to gain or STS, the second week you are likely to lose, this means your body has settled down to the extra calories and once losing again you move up to the next plan and the same happens. Secondly, have you recently joined the gym, I did and found I gained a small amount of weight and I was also doing 35 mins of cardio and no weights... thirdly.... our bodies naturally fluctuate and a 1lb gain is nothing, yesterday I gained 1lb, today it is back off again (yes I am addicted to weighing myself each morning), the thing is you wont have gained fat unless you have scoffed the contents of your kitchen, if you have stuck to plan and have gained 1lb, nothing to worry about, it is your bodys normal fluctuation... if you have eaten a lot you know you shouldn't have and have gained 1lb, then you need to think what you have eaten, where you haven't stuck to plan and get back on, the 1lb will then come off easily. Please do not panic about 1lb, it has taken me a while to get to this position, to feel happy when the scales go up, but I think this is the mindset we need to get into... have a great day, your menus are looking fab...

Thanks for your post.... I have been going to the gym for about two months now, twice a week for about an hour n half each time. I can defintly see a definition in my arms now and my shape is changing. Actually have collarbones!! :rolleyes:and also my hubby said last night when were lying on the sofa he could not get comfy coz my shoulder bones were poking in him! i thought this was funny as they have never appeared before.
I don't mind if the weight is muscle definition as i want to tone the shape now and i hadn't been bad and eaten evrything in site so as you say probably just a fluctuation. I'm not going to let it pray on me.

I've promised myself not to get a set of scales as i know i would be on and off every day - i know some people on here are but i don't think this would do me any good confidence wise as if i put on i would feel like crap and this (in the past) has led to overeating. I know my triggers so try and avoid them. I get weighed once a week by CD and i have a pair at my gym so i can check those.

well had my yogurt, strawberries (1/2 from mid am) and 1/2 CD bar for my lunch and a walk out into town (about a mile)

The sun is gorgeous today!! think i will save my other half of CD bar for mid pm.

Quick question can you have coke zero or diet coke when on 1000 plan or is this still a no go??

hopefully taking the dog for a good long walk tonight if it stays sunny.

xx

Hi Ruth, just checked my yellow book and you can have zero calorie carbonated drinks, so Coke Zero if you like, I also drink the 1 calorie drinks like diet coke and diet sprite too...

I really need to start toning my body, have decided next week I am going to set up my own exercise plan as have walked a lot more than normal these last couple of days, and will do over the weekend too if it doesn't rain, so will up other exercise next week as I have all the stuff to do it here....
I have always had broad shoulders too, and my bony shoulders are my favourite part of my new body shape.... so I know what you mean... how cool is it to have prominent bones now.... lol. I used to split my cambridge products and have half at a time when on SS so that I could have 6 a day, so that is an excellent idea. Have managed to stick to my plan so far, but will be making scones when I get back from my Doctors appointment to go with the jam I made yesterday and I really really need to resist them. Once they are cooked will get back on minis and finish reading diaries..

Welcome to the maintenance board Ruth you will be at goal in no time at all, you have done so well and just looked at your pics and the results are amazing you should be so proud xxxx

Thanks Greeneyes!
I know also have collar bones and when im lying in bed can feel my knees and ankles actually touching? weird concept!

I don't know why i did not think about splitting the packets as i have seen this done before.... i prefer lots of little meals instead of big main ones.

Oooooh scones .....mmmmmm..... you are a better woman than me - i couldn't resist! My poor husband ( who is as skinny as a rake) has not had any homebaking since i started this CD and i used to always make buns, cakes etc. NOTE to SELF - this is why he is skinny!? LOL:rolleyes:

Nearly home time for me but will catch up over weekend.
xx

Hi Ruth and welcome to the maintenance board, you will be at goal in no time at all. Just looked at your pics and you have done so well you look like a different person you should be so proud!!!!xxxx

Sorry im rubbish at this board thought my post had disappeared and then flashed back up lol xxxx

Hiya everyone!! Saturdays.... at work boooo not that you would know as i am on here already and only been in 28 mins!!

Last night was ok, had my salmon and couscous with salad. Wrote my menu out for today and shopping list as grocery shopping after work.

Today goes like this.....

Brekkie
1/2 CD choc shake and
40g museli and skimmed milk (200mls)

Lunch
CD Cranberry bar
Yoghurt low fat

Apple (maybe)

Evening Meal
Quorn burger + brown wholemeal roll and
salad

100g strawberries
1 slice of pineapple

Highlights hot choc (this is my treat when hubby is tucking into his can of cider)

Saturdays are sometimes eaiser for me as i'm busy (haha) at work until 12 then shopping, then cleaning and by then it is suppertime so it fills my day in
Sundays are harder as if we don't make an effort to go out and do something i stay in the house and thats when i think about food.

I am making a sunday lunch for my mum and friend tomorrow. Think it will be roast chicken or something chickeny as i can adapt that easily for my food plan without looking as though i am missing out. Was thinking if it is sunny i would do a bbq as can make chicken and salady things but as the great british weather is not reliable i need a back up.

Good luck for today all you lot and catch up soon.
xx

Hi Ruth, hope you got through the weekend okay.... have a great day xx

Hiya everyone

Well my weekend went ok. Stuck to my plan and my only blip was a glass of rose and low cal lemonade yesterday with sunday lunch! TUT TUT

Drank loads of water to try and compensate but i did stop at one glass and the rest went to husband. so i think i am getting the hang of this control thing slowly. everything in moderation i suppose.

Have been feeling pretty low this weekend tho - blaming my hormones!! me and hubby are trying for a baby and i am three weeks late so took 2 tests and both negative - spoke to my practice nurse and she said wait another week and if i have not come on take another test or go and see them. Was blubbing onto my husbands t shirt this morning at 5am when he was going to work - snot everywhere (sorry TMI)! I felt stupid when i told him but i didn't want him to think it was him. He said we have only just started but i feel a failure already - how stupid is that. Little insecure demons in my head going "you have failed like everything else" but then i tell myself i have lost all this weight, got my gorgeous husband and just to keep trying!

Think these little demons will be floating around my head for a while yet - you know just putting the boot in when you feel low.

Brekkie today
Museli & milk
1 slice gran toast and spread

apple

Lunch
Pitta (brown)
2tbsp low fat cottage cheese
salad leaves
weightwatcher yog

Highlights choc = 40 cals

think quorn burger and salad for tea tonight or salmon and salad with couscous.

Weigh in tonight at 8pm so usually wait till after then.

Sorry for the twine!! xx

Back