My diary to slimdom!

I think if she were eating what you're eating you'd have reason to worry, otherwise it's fine. You're showing her that it's important to be fit and healthy.

I felt really glad that I had lost weight the first time and hoped my niece wouldn't see me do this. To be honest she seems to care more about whether I can run around with her than what I am eating. I have deflected any questions with 'I just want to be more healthy' but I think it just goes over their head. I also think it's important to love ourselves whatever our size - I think that definitely has an impact. In the long run I guess we need to do this to be the best role models we can - even though that is really hard and none of us put the weight on on purpose!!

Well today I could have seriously cheated but I didn't and I'm proud of that although I was ment to be having 4 packs per day but instead I have had 3 packs and I've just had some bernard mathews turkey chunks and oven cooked mushrooms which is still on plan but not the strict regime I wanted to do!

Anyway not the worst thing I could have done eh.... Will go back to 4 packs tomorrow, black coffees instead of with milk and coke zero which I have stocked up on.

So don't know if that means I have been 100% today?!? But I'm saying so :)

Xxx

I felt really glad that I had lost weight the first time and hoped my niece wouldn't see me do this. To be honest she seems to care more about whether I can run around with her than what I am eating. I have deflected any questions with 'I just want to be more healthy' but I think it just goes over their head. I also think it's important to love ourselves whatever our size - I think that definitely has an impact. In the long run I guess we need to do this to be the best role models we can - even though that is really hard and none of us put the weight on on purpose!!

But... My daughter has asked me today if I am doing it to be more healthy than why don't I just eat fruit and vegetables (innocent mind!) and she wants to be more healthy so can she eat the same as me... Felt a bit hypocritical saying no its not good for children what I'm doing and didn't want to go into the ins and outs of the diet with a 7 (going on 17) year old girl.... So I just said it was for people who had just had a baby and then I can eat fruit and vegetables as a healthy diet... She seemed ok with that answer... X

Uv done reli well hun i ad a shake day too lol bt managed to resist and also had tiny bit of veg lol xx

Are you doing 4 packs? If so then do u feel guilty with the veg? Even thought its perfectly ok! It's strange how I swapped 1 pack for mushrooms n turkey and I feel like I've let myself down.... Hmmm

I did feel guilty was terrified i had gone over the 200g i think it is veg for the four pack a day...used the tiniest amount lol its unreal...x

But... My daughter has asked me today if I am doing it to be more healthy than why don't I just eat fruit and vegetables (innocent mind!) and she wants to be more healthy so can she eat the same as me... Felt a bit hypocritical saying no its not good for children what I'm doing and didn't want to go into the ins and outs of the diet with a 7 (going on 17) year old girl.... So I just said it was for people who had just had a baby and then I can eat fruit and vegetables as a healthy diet... She seemed ok with that answer... X

Oh yes the fruit and veg thing - I forget how much more aware children are of healthy eating these days. I have felt ridiculous sometimes thinking what have I done to myself to get into a situation where I can't even eat an apple. I even trained as a nutritionist so feel extra guilty. But we know it isn't just about knowing what to eat - we're not stupid - but much more complicated - to do with our body chemistry and psychology. We know this works. A bit hard to explain to a 7 year old though I agree!

Well done on the damage limiting choices last night - hope you have the day you want today:)

How are things going for you today? I was interested to read how things were going with your daughter. I have 2 boys and am really concerned not to give an impression of women and food being messed up!

Re the veg and milk - use them up, I say! I'm going for the slim noodles as well when my order arrives!

As as far as I know - someone correct me if I'm wrong - you can alternate between 4 packs and 3 packs and a meal. Both cover the same calories and carbs. I think if you were struggling with losses and you had been doing both, it might be advisable to stick to one way for a while to assess if something was going awry.

Hope your day goes well.

Well I'm doing ok today... Not amazing though! Wish ketosis would kick in grrr. I've decided to alternate 4 packs/3 plus meal until ketosis is here as its so difficult. I've gone slightly wrong today, as in had a little bit of grated cheese that my mum had grated to put on top of her cottage pie! At least it was just a small amount and I hadn't actually had cottage pie :) and not many carbs in cheese so should be fine!

On a different note today I have had:-

Vanilla crispy shakes made into a cake (yuck!)
Chilli con carni
Strawberry milk shake
Tin of tuna
4x pints water
Tiny bit of grated cheese!!! :-/

Xx

Last edited:
Also... Can't wait until I start saying everyday '4 packs and water) not the meal option as it just complicates things or a mouth of grated cheese! Just 100%.... Tomorrow I WILL just have 4 packs plus water and a coke zero

Does any1 know when I am able to put a picture on and change my profile etc? I read somewhere it's after 20 posts but I have posted more than this but still (permission denied)!!

Stopping by to subscribe! I'm at work and now all I can think about is grated cheese lol!

I think it's at 50 posts, you've got 36 now so just 14 more to go!

Back