My Diary

yay, well done..
lets hope that i can sts or lose a pound this week... dont think my birthday dinner has helped...

Afternoon all. Just called in to confess, although actually there isn't much to confess at all! Out last night for a meal for my Dad's 80th. I started with asparagus soup (probably loads of cream in it but not sure, was the best choice I could make) I also had a small crusty roll with butter on it. :eek:
Main course was steak with a mushroom and peppercorn sauce, it was a creamy one but I didn't have too much. This came with mushrooms and tomato and onion rings :eek: It should also have come with chips but I asked them to swap that for side salad, forgot to ask for no dressing so it was dressed but quite lightly. I skipped dessert but had a sliver of birthday cake and it was all washed down with about 4 glasses of wine :eek: before I went on to the vodka.
Not great, diet wise but not too bad either, considering what I might have had. It did help that I was sitting beside my food-nazi sister in law who was making all the right choices. (chilli without cheese?? Why would you do that to yourself??) Actually I think I deliberately made some bad choices to prove to myself that I would never become like her, so obsessed with food that I couldn't relax and enjoy it on special occasions. Does this make sense? I did walk there and back, a total of about 1.5 miles so that will have helped. I have done my Active workout today and will hopefully get out for a walk later, the sun is shining!

KB x

I agree with you KB. I mean you can try and be sensible when you go out but there's no point in completely depriving yourself.

Now maybe if you go out a lot I could see the point but I only go out for a meal once every couple of months (last time was in Feb). So I might as well enjoy myself while I'm there!

hey KB woooop on the sts! well done hun!

Awww hope you have a fab time at your little ones party!

thanks for looking out for me!

love ya

xxxxxxxxxx

Morning all, just in for a ramble. Am trying to get a couple of 100% days under my belt before weigh in tomorrow. It's been a bitty sort of week, I haven't been too bad and am keeping the exercise going but have been picking at things I shouldn't like the kids Easer eggs! Thankfully they are all gone now so I have just to get through the party tomorrow and I should be free and clear for a while. Party should be OK, we are going bowling and the food for the kids is included, chips, burgers etc but none for the adults so that's ok. I will allow myself a piece of cake but that should do it. I'm glad we are back to normality with the kids back to school, makes things much easier, it also means I get extra exercise during the school run.
Will post the weigh in news tomorrow, good, bad or indifferent. Have a great day!

KB x

good luck with the weigh in tomorrow!

Fingers crossed KB!! :)

Good LUCK!!!!!
and also good luck with the party...

helllo hunny hope the party went well!

good luck for wi tomoz

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you, ladies. I have stayed the same AGAIN this week, probably as a punishment for last week. I've had enough of this faffing about so once I get the party over today I am going for a 100% week, haven't had one for ages but it's about time I got back on track and stopped making excuses. Funny thing is I've had more compliments this week than I've ever had. (Someone said to me at the school gate yesterday "You've got so thin it's obscene" THIN? At 2-3 stone overweight? I think not, but it felt good at the time...)

Have a great day,

KB x

Morning all, happy Saturday. The party went well yesterday, a good time had by all. I ate a couple of cocktail sausages, one or 2 chips, a small cheese sandwich, a few crisps and some cake. Having said that I didn't have any dinner so that really was my meal. Anyway, never mind all that, I am back 100% now and intend to have a strict week, I'm fed up messing about and staying the same. I want (need?) to know that if I stick with this then the weight will come off. Planning a good lot of exercise too so watch this space, I'm hoping Friday is a really good day for me. I'm also going to come here for a ramble every day to help keep me on track.

Breakfast-Bran Flakes with currants, skimmed milk, coffee and skimmed milk.
Sent my husband to the attic the other day to retrieve my "thinner" clothes and they aren't there. I must have had a "I'll always be this weight" clear out and now I literally haven't a single thing to wear. Went out on Thursday and bought 1 pair cropped trousers, 1 pair long trousers and 3 tops. These will have to do me for another while. The thing is, I bought size 16 trousers (bottom half of me is smaller than top, boobs get in the way) and I wore the cropped pair yesterday and they are really too big, I'm thinking of taking the long pair back and changing them for a 14 (!!) Too late for the cropped of course but all going in the right direction and I haven't been a 14 for many years. Don't think I'm a 14 now either, just in these trousers.
Have a great weekend,

KB x

Last edited:
It's great when your clothes are too big but dang is it expensive!!

Tell me about it, PK but I'm not really complaining. Wait till my husband sees the credit card bill though...
A good day yesterday, I went in to town with the eldest to buy Scout trousers, had to collect him at the School of Music after his rehearsals, then we walked MILES from there (half way up the Lisburn road for anyone who's counting) to the Scout Shop, then round to Waterstones for him to spend a book token. I took the opportunity to buy some "Count on Us" food while I was that close to M&S. We didn't get back home until nearly 3 and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I bought him a bread roll and a packet of crisps to keep him going and I had nothing. I could have hoovered out the cupboards with my mouth when I got back but I didn't. I made my usual sandwich and had it with some Light Choices "thins". Have you tried these? Like snack a Jacks, really yummy. One of my brothers appeared in the afternoon with his wife and children, I made them dinner (pizza and chips) and I had Count on Us Macaroni Cheese with leeks and Gruyère, was really nice. Once they left I put the kids to bed and then did my "Active" workout. Nearly killed me because I was so tired but I had to, the joys of a 30 day challenge! Some vodka followed and some M&S reduced fat crisps (half a bag, this is my weekend treat). That was it, I did sit up until after 2am (Katie can vouch for this!) which isn't like me so I'm not long up, just had my bran flakes, Active workout to follow!
Have a great day,

KB x

I shall keep a look out for those next time I'm in tescos! :)

Just popping in to say hello :)
Sounds like you're back on track KB - I find I'm at my weakest in terms of willpower when I've gone for a long time without eating, so well done for not hoovering out the cupboards!! Hopefully all the walking and Wii exercise should pay off for you this week as well.
Think I'm gonna join you in trying for a 100% week this week (or what's left of it for me). I feel like I've been messing about for too long. My birthday is out of the way now, and I've got no social events planned so there shouldn't be any excuses for me!
A x

PK the crisps are lovely and only 75 cals, 0.4 fat and trace of sats per 20g bag. Not bad. I have also discovered Tesco Baked crisps, like the Walkers ones, only I think they are much nicer and, from memory, slightly lower in everything.

Alex, you're on, a 100% week for both of us, you till Wed, me till Friday and lets get this blubber shifted.

KB x

Tell me about it, PK but I'm not really complaining. Wait till my husband sees the credit card bill though...
A good day yesterday, I went in to town with the eldest to buy Scout trousers, had to collect him at the School of Music after his rehearsals, then we walked MILES from there (half way up the Lisburn road for anyone who's counting) to the Scout Shop, then round to Waterstones for him to spend a book token. I took the opportunity to buy some "Count on Us" food while I was that close to M&S. We didn't get back home until nearly 3 and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I bought him a bread roll and a packet of crisps to keep him going and I had nothing. I could have hoovered out the cupboards with my mouth when I got back but I didn't. I made my usual sandwich and had it with some Light Choices "thins". Have you tried these? Like snack a Jacks, really yummy. One of my brothers appeared in the afternoon with his wife and children, I made them dinner (pizza and chips) and I had Count on Us Macaroni Cheese with leeks and Gruyère, was really nice. Once they left I put the kids to bed and then did my "Active" workout. Nearly killed me because I was so tired but I had to, the joys of a 30 day challenge! Some vodka followed and some M&S reduced fat crisps (half a bag, this is my weekend treat). That was it, I did sit up until after 2am (Katie can vouch for this!) which isn't like me so I'm not long up, just had my bran flakes, Active workout to follow!
Have a great day,

KB x

yup! we was here gossiping about the other sex and deciding which planet they r from! till didnt conclude an answer!

You sound right back on track hun! wooop hope u get a fab loss this week you deserve it!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Planet Selfish, Katie. ;)

I've stayed focused today, had my usual lunch, went to look for new flooring for the kitchen and family room, then to my Mums who fed everyone Pringles and Jammie Dodgers but I just had a coffee. Tonights dinner was Tesco Light Choices Chicken Dinner, very tasty actually and quite filling, only £1.50, will get this one again. Had a mini milk after this and I'll finish the M&S crisps later (normally have them on Fri/Sat night but didn't cos of the party) Hoping to get out shortly for a brisk walk.
Katie, hope that chin is well and truly up!!

KB x

Evening all, another good day for me here. 2 pears and yoghurt for breakfast, my usual lunch, a cereal bar at some stage as well. Tonight I had something new which I found in the "reduced to clear" section in Tescos. Birds Eye Cheese Tortellini in a spicy tomato sauce with green beans, red onions and peppers. Pretty good on the cals/fat side of things and you just lift it out of the freezer and throw it in the microwave, still in its bag for a few minutes. I really felt like I'd had a wee treat and all for 50p! There were 3 different flavours and I bought some of each so looking forward to trying them out.
Exercise was good today too. I did 2 miles of school run in all and another mile this evening by myself. Today was a rest day from my Active 30 day challenge but I did manage to fit in some Wii Fit, advanced step and super advanced boxing. So not bad at all.

KB x

Back