My Diary

adam7860

Hi. Don't know if anyone will read any of this but to be honest I'm writing this for my own benefit. So that I have somewhere to record how I'm getting on and can write stuff down. Basically I have been overweight my whole life, so now it's time for change. I know I will feel happier once I lose weight. Apparently people say I can lose weight easily as when I put my mind to it I have lost an odd stone but put it back on again as I just think its too hard. But not now, I'm determined more than ever to do this and be healthier and happier. I have gradually lost a stone since January 2013, this was just by cutting out fizzy drinks and junk food and just having smaller portions of the food I already eat. So imagine what I could do if I put my mind to it and exercise hard. That will be my number 1 mission now, now that I've got time as uni is finished for the summer. So my plan is to eat how I normally eat as it pretty healthy anyway and I've already cut out junk food etc so I don't need to focus on that. it's just exercise I need to focus on really. If anyone is reading this do you think it's possible to get down to 12 stone by October if I go to the gym 4 times a week and eat as I'm eating:
Usually
Breakfast: porridge or an egg (fried, boiled or omelette) with toast and green tea
Lunch: Sandwich or jacket ppotatoes
Dinner: whatever's made usually chicken or a vegetable dish like lentils

Hope this all works out. There will be a new me. I will be happier and more confident. This weight loss will hopefully boost my confidence.

Day 1:

Breakfast: Plain omelette with three pieces of whole meal bread and a cup of green tea
Lunch: Had a subway as was out and about, footlong veggie delite.
Dinner: Oven cooked chicken breast in two slices of pitta bread with salad

Drank 3 litres of water throughout the day

No snacks but did have a red bull as needed to stay awake to revise for resit exam

No exercise today as cant find time due to revision, but will be hitting the gym on 9th July when I'm exam free :D

Start weight for this diet: 14stone 7lbs

There's no quick fix to losing weight. It's hard work, effort and willpower. You have to be determined and focused to do it. I tried the diet that involves just taking shakes. I tried that for a few days, while its guaranteed if you follow it you will lose weight faster than normal. It just wasn't for me as I couldn't handle not eating food. Each to their own really, but if I could do it I would follow the shakes diet. But it's not for me. I asked my doctor what help they could give as well they prescribed me xenical, but again I didn't want to do that as you had to monitor your fat intake for each meal and the apparent side effects were terrible. I didn't expect him to prescribe me anything i was just looking for a chat really or a referral to someone to talk to. Anyway tbh I think the best way for me is the old fashioned way of healthy eating/calorie counting and exercise. I hope this works out.

Yeah that's true everyone has their own preferred method. Thanks for the encouragement. It is hard to keep up anew routine, but once you do it for a while it should become habit. Thats what I'm hoping anyway. Good luck with your weight loss as well.

Back