My diet's going awry

Jubbly

Yo-yo dieter here for the gazillionth time
Oh no, I was doing so well and kept being really smug about not cheating but now goal doesn't seem so far off (I'm in size 12s yay), I keep getting compliments from lovely people and have a BMI under 25, I am sabotaging my diet. Had a chicken tandoori (no rice/nan/wine) on the 30/09 but still managed to lose 2lbs anyway that week. Then the weekend just gone, went out for my mum's birthday and had smoked salmon terrine and pan fried scallops and mussels and salad (no wine/carbs) and then AGAIN last night, I went out with boyf for anniversary and had HALF A CHICKEN with hot sauce and picked some of his too at Nandos with salad (still no wine/carbs). Don't seem to get full up quickly as was expecting and still manage to eat loads :( Thing is, I'm not sure what to feel about it - I feel like I've made quite sensible choices but have eaten way more than the 50g of meat I'm supposed to have on AAM but then remember that I'm not overweight anymore. I feel terrible today though - I keep getting shaky on this diet and it's really bad today. Too scared to test ketosis as sure I could taste lemon in the sauce. And the longer I indulge, the more money this will cost me in the long run and I'm still not happy with the way I look.

Jubbly, I think I'm in the same place as you. Do you want to try to motivate each other to the finish post and beyond. I think I need to make this the start of another stage. I think I need to work at raising my metabolism again and incorporate exercise into my day. I think this will help me psychologically too.

I am now in size 12 and BMI 25 but could do with losing another 14-21lbs. I was creepily good last week and only lost one lb. I coped OK to start with but due to somebody elses disappointment with my 1lb loss I have now had a couple of eating episodes and the last one has worried me. I think exercise will help thinking of it as a new start and I having supportive people around will help. Do you think we could help each other? Have you already be doing the exercise thing?

Congratulations for getting this far girl, we've done great and can get to the winning post of that I am sure.

Hey Jubbly.
Well done on your weight loss.
All I can say in support is that at least you are making sensible choices when you eat.
At the end of the day you will be eating "normally" relatively soon but it's all a mater of how long that will take - with a few slip ups you'll still lose weight but it will take longer and meant hat you are paying out for the diet without getting 100% of the benefit.

Jubbly, I think I'm in the same place as you. Do you want to try to motivate each other to the finish post and beyond. I think I need to make this the start of another stage. I think I need to work at raising my metabolism again and incorporate exercise into my day. I think this will help me psychologically too.

I am now in size 12 and BMI 25 but could do with losing another 14-21lbs. I was creepily good last week and only lost one lb. I coped OK to start with but due to somebody elses disappointment with my 1lb loss I have now had a couple of eating episodes and the last one has worried me. I think exercise will help thinking of it as a new start and I having supportive people around will help. Do you think we could help each other? Have you already be doing the exercise thing?

Congratulations for getting this far girl, we've done great and can get to the winning post of that I am sure.

Hi, I'd love it if we can support each other. Sounds like we're at the same stage - my BMI is now around 24 or just under (not sure of height) but I really, really want to get to 9 stone. I haven't been exercising yet but am waiting to start a new job with a free gym (so no excuses then). I think I'm going to find exercise even harder than this diet as I'm SO unfit but you're right about the metabolism thing - this really worries me sometimes. I also worry obsessively about putting weight on (as I have said in other threads) and as a result have spent the last week flitting between SS, AAM and meals out!! I was sooo disciplined and good at first but definitely need to get my head in a different place as my needs have changed from just slimming from overweight to OK weight to slimming from OK weight to my ideal weight, maintenance and a more positive attitude. I worry I'm getting out of control now I'm reaching that target but then remember that 19lbs is still quite a lot. I could go on for ages!! Email me if you like.....

Jubbly dear heart, don't worry about the exercise, I was missus no hope in July, now I love the gym, try not to miss and would rather chill out in there than at home with a glass of vino. It doesn't take long to get into a routine and push up your fitness. I know within 2 weeks I was starting to form new muscle bulk, and my stamina improved. Weight loss stalled because I was building muscle, hence I need to get BMI to 25. Any less than that would be weird. Strange isn't it. I'm sitting here in size 14 jeans, worrying about 14lbs of fat. This time last year I was worried about 7 stones. Crazy what a year brings.

Hi Jubbly,

With a BMI of 24 you shouldn't be SSing at all. I know it's really tempting but it's not good for you in the long run.

Weight gain is frightening - I was at my official target of 10.5 2 weeks ago and then I had 10 days off for my holiday and on Monday morning I weighed in at a whopping 11-10! I've been SSing since Monday and already have lost 10lbs - so a lot of weight I gained was just water. I have gained fat too as my size 12 trousers were noticeably tighter than before my hols but I won't try them on again until the weekend to see how they fit and feel. Like you, I'd love to lose more weight and reach around 9 st 10lbs or thereabouts but before my holiday I was messing about on AAM and losing and gaining the same half a stone for weeks and weeks.

I think you should stick to CD maintenance really rigidly - that way you won't gain loads of water weight and will stay healthy. Ann (Westhills) on the WeMITT thread has been doing CD maintenance for a few weeks now and is still losing weight whilst staying in control. You are probably getting the shakes because the foods you are eating are causing rapid changes to your blood sugar levels - sticking to CD maint. will help to avoid this.

Love,
A
xxxx:D

Jackie R - you are a star, you made me feel much more positive about the gym. I get really embarrased as I'm still only 26 and feel like I don't have an excuse to be so unfit - my mum puts me to shame as she goes 3 times a week. Problem is, I will be using a yukky prison gym - not quite so relaxing when everything will be chained to the floor and painted in mental hospital green!!

AKB - you are right, I shouldn't be SSing but in fairness to me, I have only done that twice this week to compensate for the meals. Also, my CDC said she doesn't have a problem with me SSing at all as I "only" lose 2-3lbs a week anyway. If it makes me feel like this though, I won't be doing it again. I have already turned down ANOTHER meal this weekend (too many birthdays and things at the time of year) and aim to stick just to AAM next week religiously and get back on track. I really need to see my weight go into the 9s at the moment and that will be better than any meal out!!

Cor I wish I could "only" lose 2 or 3lbs a week Jubbly - sometimes I was struggling to lose 1lb! They say that the last stone is always the hardest and I've certainly found that to be very true.

Re the need to see 9 on the scales - I am desparate too - I thought I'd cracked it a few weeks ago when the scales said 9-13 but I'd just forgotten to reset them after moving them - I was really 10-5 and gutted:mad:

Keep going, you'll get there!

A

Cor I wish I could "only" lose 2 or 3lbs a week Jubbly - sometimes I was struggling to lose 1lb! They say that the last stone is always the hardest and I've certainly found that to be very true.

Re the need to see 9 on the scales - I am desparate too - I thought I'd cracked it a few weeks ago when the scales said 9-13 but I'd just forgotten to reset them after moving them - I was really 10-5 and gutted:mad:

Keep going, you'll get there!

A

"Only" losing 2/3lbs a week are her words not mine - I realise that I have been quite lucky in that every week so far I have lost a minimum 2lbs (although I didn't have that massive loss in the first week most people seem to get). She sometimes gives me the impression that am I losing really, really slowly so all I can say is all her other clients must lose loads every week!!

Gutted about the scales :( How annoying is that? We can both do a little dance though when we get into the 9s, it will be worth waiting for.

Back