My dinner the other night - Luxury Macaroni & Cheese (with pics)

StaceyUK

Gold Member
Got this out of an old magazine. Here's my 'tweaked' version!

Serves 4

1/2 syn per serving plus
1 HEX A or 1 HEX B on Green/EE

Ingredients:

Roasting veg (I used red onion, peppers, garlic, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, courgette)
28g sun dried tomatoes, rehydrated & chopped (1.5 syns)
340g/12oz dried macaroni
a few spring onions, chopped
chives, snipped
126g reduced fat cheddar, grated
28g parmesan, grated
2 eggs
500g pot very low fat natural or greek yogurt
1 tsp wholegrain mustard (0.5 syn)
couple of dashes of worcester sauce
Quorn fillets or meatballs (optional)

1) Roast the veg with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and Frylight.

2) Cook the macaroni for 10 mins. Drain and toss with the roasted veg & sun dried tomatoes. Season and pour into a lasagne dish (or large deep dish).

3) In a bowl, mix the eggs, yogurt, mustard, worcester, spring onion and cheddar, salt & pepper. Pour over the macaroni. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chives.

4) Bake at 220 for 15-20 mins until lightly golden and bubbling. Serve with additional veg and/or Quorn fillets/meatballs.

Attachments

• IMG_3015.JPG
    IMG_3015.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,047
  • IMG_3013.JPG
    IMG_3013.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,450
Last edited:
I am a twat:confused:

I kept avoiding this thread as I thought you were talking about a big mac:eek:

Sorry:sigh:

It looks and sounds delicious.

You have to look after the grey haired oldies:wave_cry:

Lol...Lady lite wasnt the only one!!!

I thought that it was a McDonalds outing that you had too!!! Lol

That looks delicious, I do like mac and cheese, but never have it anymore, but this will tempt me - thanks for posting.

OMG - looks delicious. I am salivating....

Thank you for sharing that recipe-it looked so nice I am now cooking one!! Can't believe it is so low in syns for the amount there is!! Am having this for tea and then putting rest in freeezer so I dont get tempted to keep picking at it!

I've put all the ingredients on my next Tesco order too. Can't wait!

StaceyUk, I have just finished eating (eating early to prevent temptation at the cinema in an hour!)-gotta say this is lovely!! I had it with some Quorn Italian style meatballs, but to be honest, its more than good enough on its own!! Thanks again !

Stacey, you're just so good at this.. :D I read and see your pics and I just need to make everything... Your cauli and cheese mash thingy you posted the other day is doing my head in...I couldn't stop thinking about it at work yesterday..How sad is that, I guess it's a change from my usual thoughts of Richard Gere :p... Today I've ordered in my weekly shop an extra cauli to make it tomorrow and I'm going to eat it all to myself. :eatdrink012: Will be making this mac and cheese too... it looks delicious.

Thanks for the brilliant recipes and ideas you give us...

Last edited:
Wow.... this really does look yummy!!!! Was going to make my boys a mac cheese tomorrow so might make this for myself too and freeze the rest...

Thanks

x

StaceyUk, I have just finished eating (eating early to prevent temptation at the cinema in an hour!)-gotta say this is lovely!! I had it with some Quorn Italian style meatballs, but to be honest, its more than good enough on its own!! Thanks again !

So glad you enjoyed!! It's definitely one of my fave meals! The meatballs sound lovely with it. Will try that next time!

Stacey, you're just so good at this.. :D I read and see your pics and I just need to make everything... Your cauli and cheese mash thingy you posted the other day is doing my head in...I couldn't stop thinking about it at work yesterday..How sad is that, I guess it's a change from my usual thoughts of Richard Gere :p... Today I've ordered in my weekly shop an extra cauli to make it tomorrow and I'm going to eat it all to myself. :eatdrink012: Will be making this mac and cheese too... it looks delicious.

Thanks for the brilliant recipes and ideas you give us...

LOL! Sorry to do your head in! The cauli mush was a fluke but I'm having it again this week! yum yum!

yum! im dying to make this but my man is suspicious of anything that doesnt have meat in it, so ill need to wait until he's buggered off. Can you freeze it?

Back