Macaroni Cheese

Jo*

Silver Member
003-2.jpg

300 g macaroni
150 g Philadelphia Light (2 HExA)
185ml semi skimmed milk ( 100ml is 1 1/2 syns, I count this as 3 syns, then round it up if serving 4 as 1 syn, erring on higher)
84g reduced fat mature cheddar cheese or mix of mature cheese and parmesan (2 HExA)
1 courgette diced
200g smoked bacon fat removed cut into squares
100g mushrooms sliced

Preheat the oven to fan 180, Gas 5. Cook the macaroni following instructions on pack. Whilst it's cooking fry the bacon, courgettes and musrooms, until cooked. Mix the Philly light with the milk and half of the cheese.
Drain the macaroni and return to the pan, mix with the Philly mixture,bacon and veg. Pour into a ovenproof dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until light golden brown.
This was so tasty, filling and hit my macaroni cheese craving perfectly, I actually think it was as tasty as the heavy cheese sauce one I used to make.
008.jpg

That looks amazing Jo. I dont know if it would be 4 portions in my house tho....more like 2!!! I think I will give this a go. Thanks for the recipe x

Hmm I think I would have two 1/4 portions for lunch over two days and a big fat double portion for dinner on a green day! I love SW!!!!

I just do mine with a HEB of primula light , makes it uber gooey and delicious, Mac n cheese is prob one of my fave dishes...im going to try your recipe too :)

I just do mine with a HEB of primula light , makes it uber gooey and delicious, Mac n cheese is prob one of my fave dishes...im going to try your recipe too :)

Does it dry out a bit though, when you reheat for the next day? I find that things do tend to when I cook with Quark.

ive never reheated it lol was enough to go round for everyone lol

Back