My dog did me a favour ..... food mentioned

Andrea5867

Well, todays been my 42nd birthday and my daughter and her friend decided to take me to Alton Towers for the day (You know the usual, we'll take you but you have to pay mum type day out!!!!)
My friends from work both did the decent thing and bought me chocolates (even though they know I'm on Cambridge) but as I was in a rush to get off this morning I left them on the side
My other half came in from work to find our dog had been really busy in my absence - He managed to salvage half the box of the Milk Tray (my dog had scoffed the Thorntons Continentals !!!)
Just back home now and sat and treated myself to the remaining three chocolates to get over the trauma
I know I shouldn't have and now feel really bad but soooo needed a sugar rush
Back on SS 100% til my holiday on the 30th - want to drop another 10 lbs if possible
On another note - the dog seems fine - albeit that he is as giddy as a kipper and will probably put on a stone overnight
The joys of Springer Spaniels - Never a dull moment
Take Care
Andrea

Springers are intense, my cousin used to have one years ago and he was loopy.

I discovered a box of Thorntons in the boot of the car the other day, unopened. Oddly I gave it to the bin men for their tea break since they were passing!

I discovered a box of Thorntons in the boot of the car the other day, unopened. Oddly I gave it to the bin men for their tea break since they were passing!

How to have a good relationship with your bin men!!! Bet they were very surprised and grateful - not the kind of thing that usually happens to them!

Hah yeah, they were a bit surprised! What is was, I saw the binmen coming and thought I'd tidy some of the kids mess out of the car (...) and discovered the Thorntons when they were loading next door's bin. So I was 'hey guys, do you want some chocolates'.

Anyway, I think it scored me some brownie points as on the following bin day the wheelie bin was left against my front wall instead of in the middle of the path ;)

Springers are intense, my cousin used to have one years ago and he was loopy.

Now check that out for willpower Jim!!! You deserve a medal!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Mental note: Buy chocolate for bin men :D
(Then I'll be able to drive onto my drive on a Wednesday afternoon without having to get out and move my wheelie bin from the middle of my driveway first! lol)

Mental note: Buy chocolate for bin men :D
(Then I'll be able to drive onto my drive on a Wednesday afternoon without having to get out and move my wheelie bin from the middle of my driveway first! lol)

Haha ours used to do that!!! I think they'd get revenge if you put too many extra bags out. I noticed that the bit would be left to one side if you only had a binload, but add a few sacks and it's be across the drive lol. You don't get that now with the mega-recycling they've started; they won't take any rubbish bags; recycling and bin only.

Get them a tin of biscuits for their tea break. I bet it works :D

Last edited:
We've got that recycling thing going. They won't even take the bin if the lids not down flat, let alone extra bags!
I used to be at home all the time so would run out with extra when they came, have a chat etc. They used to put my bin nice and neatly if not back in it's space! Now that I work I'm never here when they come. Maybe they think I'm ignoring them! lol :D

Back