My dream holiday

IreneH

Gold Member
I have decided that the first big treat for myself when I lose all the weight is to go on a wonderful holiday. I'm not sure when it will be but thinking of next year not this. But I have already raided the travel agents and I have a huge pile of brochures beside my bed and every night I look through a couple and when I wake early in the morning I have another look.

My plans were that when I got to 15 st I'd make my decision on where to go. It's getting nearer this morning I am 15 st 10 lb and I'm panicking as I have no idea where I want to go.

But it is this holiday that is getting me through each day as I so wnt to go and I'm not going when I have to struggle in an aeroplane seat.

Irene xx

Well done Irene,

This is the way to make our dreams come true.

I travelled to Australia last christmas, it was horrendous!
We had booked window seats, but, we were shoved in the middle section between the outside occupants.
I didn't have room to lower the drinks tray. I was too frightened of drinking too much because I knew it would be such a struggle to hoist myself up from the seat to go to the tiny cubicle, they call the toilet! All in all it is a journey I NEVER want to take again.
And as for the embarassment of asking for the extension seat belt...omg I still shudder at the way I felt.

I had given up on diets long ago, I just knew I was "no good" at doing them. Oh how pleased I was when I read about LL & CD. I am on the road to making my dream come true. Which is just to be active, slim, and feel B***dy wonderful:D

You keep looking at those wonderful places and before you know it, you'll be wearing your grass skirt and coconut shell bra:eek: lol

I might take a leaf from your book and put a few brochures on my bedside table.

All the best

I have decided that the first big treat for myself when I lose all the weight is to go on a wonderful holiday. I'm not sure when it will be but thinking of next year not this. But I have already raided the travel agents and I have a huge pile of brochures beside my bed and every night I look through a couple and when I wake early in the morning I have another look.

My plans were that when I got to 15 st I'd make my decision on where to go. It's getting nearer this morning I am 15 st 10 lb and I'm panicking as I have no idea where I want to go.

But it is this holiday that is getting me through each day as I so wnt to go and I'm not going when I have to struggle in an aeroplane seat.

Irene xx

Hi Irene,

That is a super idea and one I think I will have to do...

We can't stretch to a holiday but I am booking a flying lesson ;)

It was meant to be for completing the 100 days foundation stage of LL but I am starting to waver so it will be booked when I get to my goal weight which should be 6-8 weeks after that :D

When I started this crazy diet in January, I was a size 32 and could hardly walk. Over the past seven months I have bought some clothes off e bay which I really liked, and imagined mysealf wearing on the holiday we booked to Italy, in February. I bought 4 dresses & 4 skirts + various tops, all in a size 16. When I bought them, it was just a fantasy - but there they hung in my wardrobe - waiting.
Well, we go to Italy (for the first time) on Sunday, and I've had a trying on session, and they ALL fit me and look good. I can hardly believe it, this really is a fantasy which has come true, I have been seeing myself inside my head, in these clothes, for all these long months - and now it is real!
I have even been to the "Next" sale this morning and bought myself a pair of size 14 skinny fit jeans - with DIAMONDS ON THE BUM! Hardly suitable for a nanna, but I don't care. I feel marvellous, and am looking forward to my first real food since January later this week. I aim to maintain my weight whilst on holiday, and go back on the diet to lose the last 2 stone or so, after I get back. So, this person who avoided air travel if she possibly could (the "seatbelt issue") is now looking forward to seeing Tuscany at last!
Enjoy your search for the perfect destination, if I can be of help, just e mail. See you in November....
Ann xxx

That's a fab idea Irene!

One thing I've discussed with my sister is the possibility of going to America on a 'Dude Ranch' after I reach goal. It's so outlandish and different from other sorts of holidays that it really appeals.

To be able to wear a pair of slim-fitting jeans, a checked shirt, a cowboy hat and ride around chasing cattle with a lasso is something I couldn't have even imagined when I was a size 32. Imagine the poor horse for a start!! It would have done a 'Bambi' if I'd climbed on its back! :D

It may or may not ever come to fruition but that dream is there ...

Debbie x

Of course you can Ann!!!

You can be Annie Oakley & I'll be Calamity Jane! :D

"Ohhhh the Deadwood stage is a' comin' on over the hill ..."

xx

Bottoms!

Spoke to the flying company today and if I am 11st for the flying lesson I will only be able to have a passenger of 11st if there is a full tank of fuel.

If I book for latter in the day for less fuel then it can stretch to 13st!

Poor hubby is 10st too heavy and I really wanted to share this with him so that he has a reward for putting up with me :(

Aww chicken what a shame!

Are you going to tell him the reason or do you think the news would upset him?

Debbie x

I was wondering the same but I think that because the weight limits would rule out most blokes it might help.

What do you think :confused:

That's a good point chicken ...

My DH is a slim built bloke with a 32" waist but being at the top end of 12st even he wouldn't be able to go if the tank was full.

Of course, your DH may immediately beat himself up psychologically at being quite a bit over the limit: I know I would have but then I'm female .... do men think like that?

D x

Irene xx

Good for you, darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawaii is waiting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lots of love

Back