My Exante journey so far...

txgardenia

For the last week or 2 I have been having 3 packs and one meal per day. I intended to go on TS, but that is proving to be pretty difficult mostly because I am on-the-go quite often, and the bars are not very filling for me... and I can't exactly whip out a hand blender and make a soup while on the Tube! I did slip up a lot this weekend. I had a lot of stressful things going on and just thought %^!@ it, I will have what I want this weekend :)

But you know what, I really think Exante is helping me to change my eating habits in general. Whereas normally during any given day I would have 3-4 'eating times' where I would normally have to agonize over what to put in my mouth, now I don't have to do that. I can just happily mix up a shake or a soup and forget about food for a few hours. I really love that. There is a lot of freedom in having a fallback meal to turn to. Before, I might have had 3 takeaways per DAY because I hadn't gotten to the grocery store, or didn't feel like cooking anything, now I can change that into having an Exante pack whenever I am lazy.

When I first joined this board, I posted that I didn't know how I was going to make time for exercise, and how my partner never helped me around the house.

Well, last week I basically had enough. I told him that if he wasn't going to help me clean, I was hiring a cleaner and sending him the bill for it because he owes me 2 years of cleaning! He was a little shocked but he agreed he would pay for a cleaner to come in once a week. I also said that as much as I love our dog, if he wasn't going to help me care for her and play with her, I will find her a new home. I can't be at work all day and then come home to a crazy bored dog. He *says* he will start helping with her more... time will tell, I suppose.

But, having a cleaner will be a huge load off me and hopefully now I will be able to exercise either before work or after work (or both!).

I think doing this diet has been really beneficial for me emotionally and physically even though the weight is shifting so slowly (due to my own fault, of course). I feel more like I am taking care of myself and am more able to stand up for myself to get done what needs to be done. :p

I had a cleaner for a while, had to get rid of her when we went to the USA for a while and since we came back i haven't re-instated her. I need to! It was great having a cleaner, although felt a bit guilty at times and would have a 'pre-clean' before she turned up to make sure it wasn't *too* bad, and it took a little getting used to as i'm a very private person and don't have many visitors normally. But i loved it, one of the best things i ever did. I need to get her back..

I've never had the luxury of a cleaner :sigh: my husband is too tight with his money! :rolleyes:

txgardenia when you get into the right frame of mind exante is a simple diet to follow, it took me a week to get used to not just going in the fridge in the day and snacking and to stop "tasting" the kids food to make sure it was done properly ;) :eek: but i got in the swing of it and managed to lose a decent amount and reach a few of my mini goals :D (then i went and moved house and totally unsettled myself so now i am getting back on track and in the swing of exante)

Good luck with your cleaner i hope that helps you to commit to the diet. xx

Yeah since my husband is the one who creates 90 percent of the mess, he gets to pay to clean it up if he won't do it himself! If he doesn't wanna spend the money then by all means, I have plenty of cleaning supplies for him to use...

Thanks for the comments about how Exante can be easy. I definitely agree that it seems pretty painless. My main issue lately has been my crazy schedule. For instance today, I had a shake at 2pm and then was out working all day, then had to go across town straight after... Didn't get home until 11pm and had a horrific headache from having had nothing but 1 shake all day. I wish I liked the bars better. The toffee ones are really nice but I don't ever really feel like making a meal out of one.

I read that we aren't supposed to make shakes in advance and then let them sit, but i think I may have no choice. Surely making one and then having it sit in the fridge for a few hours is better than going all day with nothing...

Oh and I don't know if I came across as very clear because it's 3am! But what I meant was, I am not really struggling with eating, so much as I am struggling with getting my packs in. Like today I was out all day and i had no food because I was trying to stick to the packs, but I had no shake and so I didn't have anything til 11:30 pm. That can't be very healthy because i got a splitting headache from it.

Oh and I don't know if I came across as very clear because it's 3am! But what I meant was, I am not really struggling with eating, so much as I am struggling with getting my packs in. Like today I was out all day and i had no food because I was trying to stick to the packs, but I had no shake and so I didn't have anything til 11:30 pm. That can't be very healthy because i got a splitting headache from it.

Can't you take a shake with you when you are at work? When I go out I fill a shaker with ice, it takes a few hours to melt so by the time I'm due to have it I just add the pack, shake up and drink. Always carry a bar as well just in case. I find that if I get really hungry this is the time I'm more likely to raid the fridge when I get in, so even if you don't like to have a bar as a meal you could carry one and have just half of it to keep the hunger at bay.

Back