My Exante TS Diary

Hello all,

Hope you're all happy and healthy on your weight loss/maintenance journey's.

Tomorrow is the big day..I've got my shakes, bars, soups and meals to hand, my blender ready to roar and my ketosis sticks waiting on my dresser!

I've been reading many of your wonderfully inspiring stories/posts/diaries over the last couple of weeks and signed up today to embark on my own mission to lose the (x2) baby weight and hopefully gaining more confidence in the way I look..and feel.

Worried cooking for the kids and my delicious hubby (who can eat whatever he wants and remain a stick figure) will hinder my progress but I'm determined to stick it out. I had success on DietChef after my first but that is a distant memory by now!

I can't live without a cuppa so I will have tea/coffee with sweetners and MAX 100mls of skim milk per day in total across however many cups I get through. Little worried that'll kick me out of the all important ketosis, but more worried I'll fall off the wagon without them! I have a little measuring tbsp to make sure I don't go over this amount. Who knows..maybe I'll give up caffeine all together after ketosis kicks in..but I want to remain realistic at this stage.

I intend to write a quick summary of the packs and drinks I've had each day or every other day to help me keep on track. Good to help me keep at it and if it benefits anyone else too that would be ab fab.

Big love x

Thank you Debbie :)

Day 1:
Chocolate Shake
Peanut Butter Bar
Indian Style Dhal and Rice

2 litres of water
Cherry Coke Zero 330ml can
Coffee, 2 Canderel sweetners & 30ml skim milk (measured)
Tea, 1 Canderel & 30 ml skim milk (measured)

I wasnt hungry in the morning as I often dont eat breakfast, so I had the shake around 2pm, the rice/dhal at 7pm and the peanut bar while I watched TV in the evening..still nibbling on it now..:D

No exercise just usual housework/running after kids etc

No hunger pangs/cravings/headaches/tiredness today

Bought 12 cans (and drank 1) of Coke Zero and Cherry Coke Zero yesterday, only to realise the new recipe contains a form of Citric Acid. So they have been given to hubby to slurp his way through. Will attempt to track down cans of Dr Pepper Zero tomorrow to sip of an evening as I have terrible general snacking cravings at night. Will have a Coke Zero tonight to get me through until I get the Dr Pepper Zeroes but I don't intend to have anymore.

Also decided last night to try my tea and coffee without milk from here on in but couldn't make it a reality and caved.

Day 2:

Strawberry Shake
Shephards Pie (+ 1tsp Soy sauce & 1tsp Worcestershire sauce)
Stollen Bar

Drinks:
3 Litres of Water
1 tea, 2x Canderel tablets, 30ml skim milk
1 Coffee, 2x Canderel tablets, 30ml skim milk
1 Can Coke Zero

Snacking on the stollen bar tonight with a Coke Zero. Continuing to measure out all milk and condiments.

No headaches and hardly any hunger pangs except when making dinner and jam tarts for the family.

Good luck with it! How long do you plan on following it for? I know how hard it is diet with a family to cook different meals for, it's quite a test to not eat what they are having!

Hi Passion Fruit! I've bought enough for two months with a week break in the middle, although I suppose whether I actually do that will depend on how much I lose. I've also decided to cut myself a little slack with cooking from scratch for the kids over the next couple of months. Most days I'm there chopping veg and prepping meat etc for ages but am going to do more frozen food for them until it gets a bit easier. As long as I put veggies or a salad on there somewhere I figure its okay! If I left it to hubby to cook they would be having cheese toasties every day for dinner o_O
How do you manage it with the family?

I'm the same, for this period of time to make things easier for me I cook frozen meals more often than not, I have 3 children. They have milk and egg allergies it's difficult to make a meal we can all eat on a normal day anyway. I find the more I'm practicing the better I'm getting at making the meals as hassle free as possible. And ditto to the hubbie meals, it would be spaghetti on toast or supernoodles everyday lol I think we're doing alright ;)

Oh that must be really trying to produce 3 meals and snacks without milk or eggs even, sounds like you've got a supermum style going on :0clapper::)
..and thanks for the encouragement re kids meals from frozen, I'm off to Iceland tomorrow and going to stock up full throttle! Glad to hear others have similar ideas.

Diary for today...

Day 3:

Berry Pancakes
Burger Mix (+2tsp Soy sauce)
Gooey Salted Caramel Pudding

Drinks:
1 can Dr Pepper Zero
2.5 litres water
2x tea each with 10ml skimmed milk and 2 Canderel tablets

I've taken to measuring my milk with the 5ml teaspoon instead of the 15ml tablespoon in an attempt to reduce my milk intake. Tea hardly tasted or looked different, think I'm getting used to having less milk already.

I think I overcooked the Salted Caramel pudding as it wasnt Gooey at all as described on the pack. I have one more so next time will cook it less. It tasted eggy and salty so not really looking forward to the next time but hopefully should be nicer when cooked properly. May even add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to it.

The berries pancakes had a great texture but they tasted rank. Far too 'perfumey' for my liking but the pack made 3 big size scotch pancake type things and were really filling with a cuppa.

Finally got the Dr Pepper Zero, bought 18 cans! Tastes great and much better than the citric acid Coke Zero stuff.

Was tired today but probably as I was on my feet all day. No headaches again :D

Day 4:

Banana Shake (favourite shake so far)
Chocolate Cookie (Fave bar/cookie so far)
Fajitas (Fave meal so far)

All packs today were the best I've tasted yet!

Drinks:
1 Dr Pepper Zero 330ml can
2 litres water
2 cups of tea
1 coffee
6 canderel & 35ml skim milk total across all cups

Some cravings and hunger between 4pm-6pm but think this was due to making dinner for family and feeding the kids. Still feeling positive although my body doesnt look much different. First weigh in will be morning of day 7.

It's so hard with little ones and still have to prepare food for a family , you just want to be selfish and not cook at all so I know how testing it can be , I won't tell you the amount of times I have chewed some food and then spat it out ( sorry for the graphic details lol ) and then washed my mouth out as technically I haven't eaten anything right !! Whatever keeps you going I realize that makes me mental But in my defense I did feel like I was starving to death lol
Just take each day as it comes and focus on getting through that. You will surprised how fast the weeks go and it will all be there when you finish ( some good advice I received from another MM user )

Hey Alyson, if that makes you mental then I must be a nutter as I've done the same. Today was the first day I really missed food (the family had pizza my fave!) but I remembered what you said :rolleyes: it'll all be there at the end :). I'm going to my sisters end of March and going to eat proper food then before coming home and back on Exante so I've been dreaming what I'll eat then. Today I was even drooling over the idea of eating cucumber so hopefully my habits after will be better as its never something I would even pick at normally!

Day 5:
Apple Cinamon Porridge (yummy)
Cherry and Almond Bar (powdery and not really that nice)
Pasta Carbonara (yummy again)

Drinks:
Been a bit naughty forgetting my water today (just felt I couldnt be bothered with the endless trips to the loo!) Managed 1.5 litres but had to push myself.
Tea, x2 Canderel, 10ml skim milk
Coffee, x2 Canderel, 20ml skim milk
1 Dr Pepper Zero

Today I felt sleepy and hungry but I think the hunger was more due to seeing so much delicious food flouted about the house. It wasnt the empty hollow hunger feeling, more the desire to chew on doughy cheesy things. Sorry, I'll stop that now! Dunno what I would do of an evening without my Dr Pepper Zero! Wasnt a fan of diet drinks at all before this but will try to stick to them from now on.

I want to do better tomorrow so intend to keep on top of that water intake and hopefully keep the cravings away.

Two nut cases together then , we can form a support group lol!
Well done on resisting the pizza , I don't even like pizza and since I started I have been craving BBQ Chicken dominos - it's like being pregnant all over again
I hope you have a great week this week and if you can try the water flavourings ( Cambridge does this so I presume they would do something similar) it's the only way I can get my water into me. Happy Monday xxx

Ta muchly Alyson, I shall look into the water flavourings, even just as a way to fill my tummy as today I was such a hungry mare!

Day 6:
Maple Syrup Pancakes (didnt much like)
Cookies and Cream bar (yum)
Chicken Fajitas (yum)

Drinks:
3 Litres water
1 tea with 2 canderel and 10ml skim milk
1 coffee, 2 canderel, 10ml skim milk
1 Dr Pepper Zero

Today I was hungry and had headaches. I was also super tired and had a long nap when the kids were at school. I almost gave in in the evening when my husband told me I looked fine and that he would pay for a takeout to stop me feeling miserable, but a) I know I dont really look fine and he's just being a sweetie and b) I would feel terrible if I gave up now. Keep thinking how exciting it will be to see how my body looks after a month. So onwards and upwards (except the weight lol).

Thanks for all your kind comments Alyson. I'm ashamed (and bloated) as i really messed things up today but as I write this I am still hopeful for tomorrow. I weighed myself and lost 5Ibs which is fantastic, but I was so busy out and about that I didnt drink enougg water and from 6-8pm I had the worst headache I've had in ages. Temples throbbing, unable to move my head and neck. When it subsided I was just going to have my last pack but after talking with my husband I ended up caving and deciding I would have a Working Solutions day instead. So I had a healthy tiny portion of pasta and salad. Then I ruined it all by eating a huge slice of coffee cake, a chocolate croissant (smallish) and a pack of Burtons fish n chips cracker crisps. So am hating myself right now but I want so much to go back to TS tomorrow and drink lots of water. I will, I will, I will! I might try a REAL WS day once or twice a week if I cant hack the TS all 7 days, but the thing that gets me down most is maybe the headaches were my body entering into real ketosis and I just ruined it all. I've bought some Ketostix to keep tabs for certain. This could have been so much worse as the cupboards are full but I've put myself to bed before I ruin it even more.

Day 7:

Weigh in - lost 5Ibs

Vanilla Milkshake (good)
Indian daal with rice (good)
Disaster dinner :oops: of 125g M&S coffee swiss roll cake (which is actually half the 250g packet!), packet of fish n chipsccrisps, asda pain au chocolat, pasta twirls with salad :banghead:

Drinks:
1 coffee with 2 canderel and 10ml skim milk
1.5 litres water

Ok so you had a blip !! That's all it is a blip in the road it's not the end of the world and nothing disastrous is going to happen. The headaches are a killer and I honestly think your a saint for stopping at a slice of cake and some snacks!
Start fresh today don't worry about yesterday ! In the grand scheme of things it won't matter and I can assure you in no way in hell has what you have eaten be enough to put back on your 5lb loss.
Today is a new day take some paracetamol before the headaches get too bad , try try try with the water it will make a difference and just move on !
You need to find a way for this to work for you and TS may not be what you need but stick with it for a few days more and see if it gets a little bit easier for you.
I think you done amazingly well not to raid the cupboard like a plague of locusts given how rubbish you were feeling !
I hope today is much easier for
You as in the headaches aren't as awful as yesterday
Sending you lots of support

Hi MotivatedMama,

Sorry you were not 100% yesterday, but you have done so well so far. Don't beat yourself up for one blip, just move on don't let one wrong meal sabotage your success so far!!

I hope you're feeling better today and having a good day:)!!

xoxox
Fatimah

Thank you so much for your support ladies! Its really helped perk me up today. I woke up with tumm pains as my body reacted to to the late night gorge but I had a shake this morning and will continue on TS. I keep telling myself what you've both said - its a blip - nothing more. Thanks for your lovely words. Sending you both hugs and encouragement xxx  :):):rainbow::rainbow:

Back