My Exercise for people still wondering about what to do, Official Exercise Thread!!

Huseyin

Silver Member
There are many questions on this topic so I thought I would put up what I do and explan the steps, either programe is fine to follow and you can do it in ketosis and go a your own pace. so here goes, others please feel free to chip in with workouts you do

Programe 1

firstly you run as fast as you can for 30 - 60 secs

Stop do nothing for the 2 - 3 minutes to catch yor breath

Repeat first two steps 3 - 4 times

Its really good and i have seen results form this. Basically the science behind this is as follows. Your body will go into fat burning mode for 48 hours. so you should repeat this after that time only as its counter productive. You can apply this approach to any machine, rows, the glider(real name slips my mind)

Programe 2

The alternative is what i did before which was the 20 minutes but achievs the same thing. so in minutes jogging is to be done at 60 - 70% your max speed

1. slow walk
2. brisk walk
3. jogg -60 - 70% your speed

4. walk
5. Brisk walk
6. Jogg

7. walk
8. Brisk walk
9. Jogg

10. walk
11. Brisk walk
12. Jogg

13. walk
14. Brisk walk
15. Jogg

16. walk
17. Brisk walk
18. Jogg
19. Run at full spedd
20. Slow right down and walk slow

This is what footballes do for stamina and its great for shredding weight.

I use my Lateral Thigh Trainer my sister in law gave me I do it in bursts as well, quickly for 1min, then gently for 2 mins repeat for 15 mins :)
Really good for fat burning and toning! :D
LotsofLove
Rachiie -ox-

What worked for me is only excercising when I wanted to :) And I only did what I enjoyed - e.g. I only enjoyed whacking a punch bag, and hated jogging - so I only did the punch bag, and left the jogging.

I only did it when I wanted to - whatever time of day it was!

What I found was that by doing what I enjoyed, whenever I wanted to, my mind made the positive connection between having fun, and exercise.

Now I jog/run for 30 mins twice a week, and do weights, punching, and joined a martial arts class... and its all FUN FUN FUN!

just my 2 pence..

Yeah, thats true H - I just read an article about the method you describe - and it makes people little fat burning furnaces by goign really fast, then slow, then fast etc.

I tried it on my walk yesterday. I'm sure to others it must have looked like I pooped out after a very breif time! LOL

Course, I went into slow mode when I passed the naked man. :rotflmao: :D

Yeah, thats true H - I just read an article about the method you describe - and it makes people little fat burning furnaces by goign really fast, then slow, then fast etc.

I tried it on my walk yesterday. I'm sure to others it must have looked like I pooped out after a very breif time! LOL

Course, I went into slow mode when I passed the naked man. :rotflmao: :D

LOL what a random thing, god that really made me laugh about the man :8855:

Intervals are gooooooooooooood. :) I also love mixing up my cardio and weights at home though prefer to be in the good outdoors.

its certainly the way to go, why run for 1 hour when you can achieve the same result in 10 - 20 mins doing burst training

they say its equivalent to running 2 miles ;)

i just hate running. full stop. my motto has always been, why run if i'm not being chased. To which the PTI's think is there invitation to chase me which it certainly is not however i do find the more i do of it the less i hate it however having lost nearly 2 stone, i've actually added nearly 2 mins to my time over 1.5 miles, oops, i quite like doing stuff as a group tho, through the shooting season i've been out beating every weekend n walk miles across sumtimes quite difficult land but being out in the fresh air with a group of likeminded people is great, i dont even notice that i'm exercising.

Okay well that's where I have to disagree with you. :p I love intervals to get the heart rate up and burn fat but nothing makes me happier than a nice long run in the park

If it makes you happier its one thing, but its apparently better to burst for 20 mins, remember you are bringing the heart rate up to the peak and back down again, it forces the body into fat burning mode.

Its the best form of stamina building you can do. It was funnily enough devised by Ken Shamrock who is a former UFC champion and people wondered how he had incredible stamina when the rest were exhausted. he mentioned the method i quote.

K, gonna slow down the pace a bit to walking... ;)

Do you know which is more effective......long steady strides (can feel that in the butt more), or faster normal steps? The long strides are at the same pace as the short stpes - just wondered if there was any benefits in toning?

Any of you pros knows? :D

not really BL just as long as the pace is quicker and the heart rate is going up you are ok. So go with what you feel comfortable with. On the tredmil i will walk on about 2mph then go for a faster walk by going up to 3mph or 2.8mph

cant go wrong :)

Thanks H - can you tell me if I worked this out right?

Sunday I walked 4.5 miles, in 90 minutes. I am trying to make sure I am calculating the right number of calories burnt and the site I use basis it on min/mile.

So, way I work it out, is I am walking a 20 minute mile. Is that right?

I would love to get a treadmill, I like running on them and can do so pretty comfortably, but because of my age-old double knee injury, jogging on pavement, and even some track is really difficult. But I have always wanted to just RUNNNNNNNNNNNN. (hehe - I did run last weekend on the beach, and I ran like Phoebe when no one wa watching. :D)

Thanks H :)

Back