My experience of Atkins

Should be reported to the trading standards agency for false advertising!

hahaha!
Could say the same about horrible men masquerading as half decent ones ;)

Of course you are not included in this James...and any other men on this friend (I feel I have sufficiently covered my back here!)

oooooo i do love a bit of contraversy.

each to their own i suppose ... if thats what u are attracted to fair enough...

but can i ask you a question...

suppose u were to fall in love and marry a kelly brook (or whoever takes your fancy) lookalike with a stunningly slim body. what if 10 years down the line she gains a bit of weight? (this is question to all men)
because i wasnt a size 18 once. i was a 10 top 12 bottom . and 7 years and one baby later here i am.... working my arse off to get my figure back because no matter how much tom tells me i'm perfect as i am , i have lost all my confidence and worry that he doesnt find me attractive anymore because men constantly refer to the "perfect woman" and she sure as hell doesnt look like me!

Good point Beth - I try very hard to see people for who they are, not what they look like - although I can't in all honesty say I was like that when I was younger...even though I was teensy then :)

excellent question Beth!
I may add to the controversy here but I am a fan of the slim male, so I never judge men when they don't find me attractive due to my size.
However, I fell for my ex when he was slim and he gained about 4 stone during our relationship, but by then I was in love with him AS A PERSON so it didn't matter.
I think looks are important for attracting people and the first stages of a relationship, but true love runs deeper than that I like to think..

tell me about it.... cant live with them cant live without them...... its just a case of finding a goodun!

Yeah struggling to find one of those but I have an abundance of a**holes in my phone book haha I would question their existence if it wasn't for my ex being an absolute doll :)

Ewwww to the slim mate thing - no harm to you Jools (and Brian)! Hasn't research shown that it's waist to hip ratio, and facial symmetry - way more than BMI, that people pick potential mates by?

By all means lose weight to feel good about yourself or be more healthy, or whatever OP. I think you need to let go of stereotypes and realise that you can be just as happy with (god forbid) an overweight partner as with an underweight one, or even one with 'normal' weight - whatever that is. You need to get happy with yourself - the rest will come after. Best of luck.

Larger ladies

I think that hits the nail on the head, that overweight is unhealthy. We all know that it is, so no point in kidding ourselves.

At the risk of digging an even deeper hole for myself...... my ex was a large lady, varying between size 16 (briefly while on Atkins) and size 22. There is seriously bad diabetes in her family and she was without any shadow of a doubt heading down the same road. And when I say serious, I mean to the point of blindness and bits falling off.

Now, I would stand by a partner that I had committed myself to through thick and thin (If you will forgive the pun), but in choosing a new partner I think it is obvious that anyone would try to reduce the likelihood of such future issues. Likewise, I am trying to turn myself into a better and more attractive package for someone else to take on.

Does that make sense without making me sound like a git?

Brian.

yes, that does make some sense, we will forgive you.

but on the other hand, if ypou met someone that was perfect for you in every other way, would you reject her? risk losing perhaps the most wonderful relationship?

food for thought (pun intended)

Welcome Brian.

GWIW Ive come to the conclusion I dont have a type. The guys Ive recently had a thing with include a very young, handsome, very slim guy and an older, not quite so attractive, much larger guy. Its definitely about the personality for me and I quite often end up with guys Im not physically attracted to coz I am attracted to them mentally if that makes sense.

Hi Brian,

I get your point entirely, given the choice there's no way i'd get into a relationship where i could watch my partner damage themself. Not that we ever get a choice who we fall in love with really.

I have to admit i'm in a dream relationship with my dream man at the moment which gives me so much more drive to better myself and i know that if i quit and ate an entire chocolate cake he wouldn't judge me, less pressure seems to help a lot :-D (i think i've gone off topic, oops!)

hi brian .. how 's the diet going ? x

Back