My first charm

Beccubug

Silver Member
My Mum bought me a Pandora bracelet for christmas and I decided I would get myself a charm for each stone lost. Only 2 weeks in and I have my first one. I got an S firsty because my Fiancee's name is Steven and secondly for stone. I have already started looking for what I want next. Might be slightly longer to wait this time. It is a nice reminder of my progress though when I look at my wrist. :D

Hi Beccabug -- What a great idea! And, then after you've reached goal you can get yourself a charm for every month or two that you've maintained!

MM

It is actually a really good motivator. they aren't cheap either so really does feel like a treat. @MinnieMel- hopefully it will be a very full bracelet then. @Nurseberyl- you can get them at reasonable prices on the internet.

That's great!

I'm not into charms so I put €2 in a tin for each day I am 100% and the plan is to shop for something really nice when I get to goal. I also treat myself to a beauty treatment for every half stone lost.

It's really important to acknowledge and reward ourselves for our hard work methinks :)

Thats great and what a lovely way to recognise your losses.

I like the idea of a beauty treatment. Maybe when I reach some mini goals.

I made my first "mini target" last weigh in (Sunday) and then made sure that the CDC's scales said the same (Monday) -- they did. So, on my way home from the CDC's I stopped and booked a beauty treatment for this morning. I had my eyebows waxed and tinted... and for good measure she did my upper lip, too! (I'm fair, but I can see the light moustache.)

MM

I'm doing the charm thing too. I got a gorgeous Thomas Sabo bracelet for Christmas, but I need to wait for pay day to claim my 1 stone off charm - it's going to be a jigsaw piece that says "does it fit?" on it, to remind me why I need to stick to this diet!

I did money last time, but I really like the visual side of doing this - plus I'll end up with a very full bracelet when I get to goal!! :D

Oh lovely I have wanted a pandora for ages and very unexpectedley for my Birthday last week my Mum bought me one. She put a charm on it and a spacer :) it came with a little booklet and I've been studying it and thought the other day instead of clothes that will get too big I will get a charm.. and yes you are right they are not cheep :eek: each charm will reflect something personal about me :) I've seen a little handbag bead I like so it might be the next. Happy collecting let me know how you get on x at least it gives us something to aim for !

I love that idea! I've got a troll beads bracelet that's looking a little bear. I think I'm going to be doing the same. 8lbs til first charm x

Thats such a great idea! well done on losing your first stone....x

What about a butterfly to signfiy your "re-birth". I got a butterfly tattoo ;)

Back