My first day!!

Kellie=]

Silver Member
Some of you might remember that I posted earlier this week and have been reading posts every day to keep myself motivated in the build up to the start of Lighter Life!
Well this morning I had my first meeting. It went really well and I have just been to the shops and stocked up on bottled water, tabasco sauce, breath freshners and peppermint tea!
Im so focused for my future now and yes, I realise im in for a rough ride but I'm happy for the challenge. The thought of being slim just keeps me going!
I want to scream from the rooftops that I'm making a change to my life! and this is day one! God only knows how I will feel after week one!
I just had my first pack- I chose veg soup. It was ok, powdery and smaller than I expected- but I really feel like I can get through this.
So im sure I will become a regular on here in no time. and to be honest I cant wait!
We can do this!!!

Kellie x

Welcome

Hi Kellie,

Well done on joining. I have only been on LL for a week now with my first weigh in on Monday. its been easier than I first thought.

Keep up the great attitude. And keep chatting, without the people posting here I may not have survived my little wobbly.

Tan

Hi Kellie, Just wanted to wish you good luck with your first day. I am on Cambridge and on week 3 of a VLCD. Don't be put off if you feel hungry and rubbish in first couple of days - just make sure you drink loads of water. If you are tempted then get yourself on here and shout for help as there is always someone online

Hey hey Kellie! Congrats and good luck!!

I do want to say however, we are not allowed breath freshners - they can mess with ketosis. The only thing we can use for breathe is Gold Spot spray!! So be careful!!

Good luck hon!! Its a fantastic feeling taking control of your life isn;t it!!

X

Are you allowed chewing gum? I have been using Trident and it stays minty for yonks

Are you allowed chewing gum? I have been using Trident and it stays minty for yonks

In our class, we were told the ONLY things, and she said ONLY things we could have in addition to the packets were

black coffee/tea
salt
pepper
tabasco
Gold Spot - specifally telling us no mints, freshner or gum, ever.

We cannot have some cold medications even.

Best to check with your LLC - this is what we were told adn I don;t want to mislead you! :)

Thanks guys!

I am definatly focused today- we'll see how I am tomorrow! hehe.
I have got some gold spot breath freshner and my counciller also said we can have those little strips that melt on ur tongue so got myself some of them too!
as far as I know Bobbin Chewing gum isn't allowed from the video we watched this morning!

Thanks again =] x

Ahhh, those little strips - those are nice and I am not fond of the Gold Spot. (might have to do with the fact I spray both cheeks before I hit my mouth! LOL)

I have been lucky, I am just wrappingup week two and so far no bad breath. Phew!

But yeah, I am pretty sure gum is a definate no no.

Hey Kellie.

I am on day 4. Think this is where it starts to get tough. Keeping my head up as know from everyone here that by my meeting on Tuesday I should feel a million times better. I'm very prone to cravings and haven't been hungry on this once yet. Ceck out the recipies folk have posted at the top of the forum for exciting things to do with food packs i you get bored. It helped me through a low day yesterday.

wtg hun, water, water, water and water!, its the best and most affected bigger weigh loss each week, good luck and keep hus all posted.

sun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Kellie, good on ya for getting started :D I'm in week 9 and I'm still as focused as I was on my first day! The weight loss will keep you focused! I've not had any problem with the bad breath thing fortunately and I use tesco breath freshener spray which my LLC said was fine. Like Sun said... the main thing is drink, drink, drink!!! The water is just so important.
Have a great week and I look forward to hearing your progress ;)

You can use any sugar-free breath spray - I use Tesco's own and I think that Boots do a good sugar free one too.

No chewing gum!

Thanks for all your kind comments.
I'm on my 3rd litre of water today already. I am going to aim for 5 and any less is ok and any more is a bonus.
As long as I reach that four!
Also...
I just had a raspberry shake and it was bloody horrible. It was so powdery!? Are they all like this or do they get better??
Im starting to worry now!

Kellie x

Kellie=];461784 said:
Thanks for all your kind comments.
I'm on my 3rd litre of water today already. I am going to aim for 5 and any less is ok and any more is a bonus.
As long as I reach that four!
Also...
I just had a raspberry shake and it was bloody horrible. It was so powdery!? Are they all like this or do they get better??
Im starting to worry now!

Kellie x

Kellie - are you using a blender of just shaking? I use and electic stick blender....I make them with sparking water as it adds a slight effervesance, and I blend them up with ice... not a trace of powder, really light, very refreshing and filling! Even with plain water they are lovely like that!

Yeah I used a blender and it honestly tasted awful.
It left a powdery film all down my throat! Was really gutted as I was looking forwrd to the raspberry one!
I will get some sparkling water and make up some ice tho and give that a try =] Thankyouuu!! xxx

I didn't like the raspberry - I only really have the choc, banana or strawberry!

Day 5 for me, getting into the swing of things now, and looking forward to wearing shorts in the summer. Stick blender is the way to go , and blend it for a good few minutes until it gets really thick ;) thats the way the GaZZ has it.

my best advise to you is get a hand blender and blitz all soups and shakes. i have increased the water to 300ml instead of the 200ml they just last a couple of mouthfuls longer

awesome. I have been using a blender but will try a few variations. I.e. sparkling water/hot water etc.
Im sure it will be fine!
Cheers guys.
xx

Good on you Kellie for starting, sounds like you're having a good start to it. Stick with it, it gets easier.

I find the raspberry powdery too - before the strawberry and banana came out I used to have a raspberry every morning for breakfast but since the other 2 came out they are all I've had - I find the formula of them much better.

Back