My first post :)

chickadee

Hi everyone!

Im a newbie....and need help really badly.

I was 10st 5lbs 2 years ago - im 5ft 9 so i looked really slim and felt brilliant!

My weight has crept up to (last time i dared to look...) 12st 8lb

I am trying so hard to lose weight but i just cant stick to a 1200 calorie diet!! Its not even bacause im starving as i never am...? Its just as if im rebelling against the diet lol

PLEASE HELP FELLOW DIETERS

i need to lose 28lbs by the end of May (thats 16weeks) Is this a realistc goal?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi welcome
I have been cc for a week now, losing 3lb first week. Im 28 weeks pregnant so having between 1500 and 2000 cals a day, but still struggle with that. I had a massive mini egg craving today, the bag was 410 cals, so i resisted and had a twirl for 230.

Good luck!

thats really made me giggle :) as i wrote that post the other week i was devouring a HUGEEEEEE bag of mini eggs! Unfortunatly im not pregnant therfore cannot blame cravings lol

I have lost 3 whole pounds so far!!! I love this forum - it makes me realise im not alone and there are hundreds if not thousands of women who are also struggling - so were all one and the same i guess?

Ive got a great app on my iphone called 'count it off' if anyone is looking for something like that. Its not too complicated and it just counts off the calories for you as you type in what you have eaten.

Fingers crossed for my next weigh in on wednesday !

xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi i'm similar to you! 5ft 9ins, currently hovering around 12st 7lbs and would love to get back to 10 7........fancy trying to get there together?

Hi Chickadee and Alex im kinda of the same as you guys.

Im 5ft 9in and 13stone.

In 2005 i use to be 22st and 1lb but lost the weight through lighter life:D.

I got down to 11st 7lb and this is where i felt comfortable but now the weight is slowly creeping back on.

I would like to get to 11stone 7lb by May as i have a holiday to Jamaica and i dont want to be looking like a whale on the beach:character00180: although my partner says he love's me what ever size i am. (i think he is just saying that to me nice lol)

I just want to be the size i was when we met which was a size 10/12 on the bottom and a 12 on top. This is the size i feel most happy with. At the moment im size 16.

From today im going to be having 1000 calories a day. I think that is the amount i need to have a day in order to lose roughly 2lbs a week . I hope im right. Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong lol
I hope you guys dont mind me joining you on this journey

Yay alex lets do it!!! Ill be your moral support :)

And sweetlady - i dont think 1000 is enough for you...i think you should be having between 1200 - 1400 per day as if you dont eat enough, your body thinks its starving and it hangs on to the pounds rather than loses them (i know its tempting though as i would loooove to lose my weight in a few weeks - bu im trying to be sensible and think long term )

good luck guys!

Its sooo hard but it will be worth it - no doubt there :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi :)

I think it is realistic, since if you were to lose 2lbs a week that would be 32 lbs, obviously most people dont lose a set amount each week and it goes up and down, 5lbs > 1lb > 3lbs etc, but averaging out i'd say you could definately do it. You jus have to keep that willpower there and not pass those calorie lines!

Another thing which will kick your body into action is exercise, it will make it burn the calories you are putting in more, keep the metabolism cranked. If you find it hard to stick to the calories, why not substitute it with exercise, I did this when I first started out, and it allowed me to adjust to eating littler amounts of food, say for example if you go over by 200 calories, do the extra half hour on the treadmill (or your choice of exercise/whatever you enjoy - wii fit seems popular with a lot of people) and burn them back off......it helps with the guilt too lol.

Anyway, wish you the best of luck with it, and keep going!! x

Yay alex lets do it!!! Ill be your moral support :)

And sweetlady - i dont think 1000 is enough for you...i think you should be having between 1200 - 1400 per day as if you dont eat enough, your body thinks its starving and it hangs on to the pounds rather than loses them (i know its tempting though as i would loooove to lose my weight in a few weeks - bu im trying to be sensible and think long term )

good luck guys!

Its sooo hard but it will be worth it - no doubt there :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi there chickadee and sweet lady,

in september 2009 I got down to 11 9 on 1000 cals a day, but then went on a binge after so long and am now up to 12 6, so I'm going to try and stick to around 1200-1500 a day. i would rather loose it slower and keep it off.

i'm weighing in at my local slimming world group (although not necc using the plan) so that I cant avoid the scales & forces me to be good.

am actually having trouble tonight though - OH has gone off on holiday and I am home being tempted by the choccy. i shall try to resist!!

OMG, it's only when u write down all the food you have for the day you realise how much you have eatten

I think your right, im going to have 1,200 calories a day.

Hi Ya Alex.
How long did you do the 1000 calorie a day for.

I think im going to have to plan my meals in advance as i easily went over my calories today by 300 calories, Oh the shame and it my 1st day as well :eek:

I did it for months and I used to only fluctuate a lb here and there so it was hardly worth it! in fact it wasn't worth it at all because I think its made it harder now.

i have been very very very week tonight and instead of having a proper meal have consumed 3 wispa golds since I came home from work. this is something I HAVE TO STOP - and then I wonder why I dont lose weight!

alex and chickadee...i wondered if i could join you in the moral support.i regularly fall off the bandwagon and although not following a specific diet i find that i cant stop myself from binging every now and then. im roughly the same as your stats 5'8" and 175lbs. im aiming to get down to aroudn 10 stone.

You ladies all sound around the great mark for me! Im not sayin dont lose weight as that is your want/need or however you feel, just I like women around that size, its better to be cuddly that boney lol sorry just thought id whack that in there :p

alex and chickadee...i wondered if i could join you in the moral support.i regularly fall off the bandwagon and although not following a specific diet i find that i cant stop myself from binging every now and then. im roughly the same as your stats 5'8" and 175lbs. im aiming to get down to aroudn 10 stone.

sure can, the more the merrier.

tried to solve a little personal issue tonight with apple pie and cream, - of course didn't fix anything, just made me fatter, and feel quite poorly as i must have wolfed in down in about 3 seconds

do you go to the gym?or exercise in any way?i need tips on the best things to do. and a little treat isnt too bad now and then you will be back on track 2mora im sure.x

Just wanted to say good luck on your journey. It is definately hard at first cutting calories down and I know what you feel about rebelling against the calories lol. I was doing calorie counting before WW it just wasn't for me at the time. You will soon get used to it though :)

xx

do you go to the gym?or exercise in any way?i need tips on the best things to do. and a little treat isnt too bad now and then you will be back on track 2mora im sure.x

I used to go to the gym but I really dont enjoy it. Instead, I try to ride my horses every day although in winter its hard especially when working full time. can't wait for the clocks to go forward, straight to the stables after work - no time to eat, and so tired after I just go striaght to bet. roll on summer and losing a dress size!

hi all! been mad busy so sorry ive missed all the exciting convo!!!

Ive had a revelation. . . . .

SLIMMING WORLD!!!

wow i feel like a big fat heff but i think im doing it properly??

IM JUST SO FULL!

whatever diets we do - im here until im a skinny minnie! (well - just significantly lighter would be good)

My OH keeps bringing me chocolate and telling me not to lose weight, and I have the willpower of a dog with a steak in front of it!!! So slimming world allows you sins!!! YAY!!! I can eat guilt free :)

how are you all getting on?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi all! been mad busy so sorry ive missed all the exciting convo!!!

Ive had a revelation. . . . .

SLIMMING WORLD!!!

wow i feel like a big fat heff but i think im doing it properly??

IM JUST SO FULL!

whatever diets we do - im here until im a skinny minnie! (well - just significantly lighter would be good)

My OH keeps bringing me chocolate and telling me not to lose weight, and I have the willpower of a dog with a steak in front of it!!! So slimming world allows you sins!!! YAY!!! I can eat guilt free :)

how are you all getting on?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i'm trying to make healthy choices and count calories today - just need to try and regain the control after a couple of terrible days plus i have a night out with the girls tomorrow - although were not eating out, im cooking instead so i'm going to do an extra easy bolognese

well dont punish yourself too much if you have the odd vino...its a crime not to on a girlie night! I hate hate hate fridays - they are always take away nights here (normally chinese) so i have no idea at all what im allowed from there on a slimming world green day?

Probably just watch them and have some peaches :( lol

XXX

Back