My first post

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Donna39, 15 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Donna39

Donna39 Full Member

After many months of lurking, finally decided its time to post! For the past 3 years, i have been desperately trying to lose 2 stone which i have managed successfully on more than one occasion using cambridge! Unfortunately i have never managed to maintain and here i am with 3 stone to lose! After reading posts etc, decided the sensible slow and steady was the way forward and joined a weightwatchers class last wednesday. Had my first weigh in yesterday and was absolutely gutted to have only lost half a pound - i actually came home and cried! Have stuck to the plan to the letter - a couple of days had less points (am allowed 21) and the leader has said its because i didnt eat all my points. Not convinced as on fast start you only have 18 and averaging out i had at least 18 every day last week. Both my friends who i go with lost and i ve been pointing them in the right direction!

Any advice would be gratefully received, as really frustrated and can hear cambridge calling, which i know long term is not the way forward for me - just want to be thin for summer and am quite happy at the thought of losing at about 7lbs a month.

Goodness - this is a very long first post!

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Hi Donna, welcome to minis and WW forum

If you have stuck with the plan, I really wouldn't worry - although it is disappointing - but the weight will come off next week.

I know for me, my first week on a diet is rarely a big loss - but week 2 usually is as my body gets the kick it needs.

It might be worth using a food diary on here - it helps keep you on track, get ideas from others - and importantly, making sure you are pointing things correctly.

Good luck xx

4. Donna39

Donna39 Full Member

Thanks for the reply. Bought monthly pass so use the online tracker and points calculator - also means that as i have paid up for the month i really do need to give it chance

A food dairy on here would be a good idea, that way if i am going wrong, someone could point me in the right direction

Congratulations on your weight loss - you have done brillantly!!

5. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Thanks. I am feeling really good - just need to keep it off now :D

6. Donna39

Donna39 Full Member

Yeap, thats the bit i struggle with! Hopefully that is where weightwatchers will help - if i ever lose it !!!!!!