My first sachet

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
Was awful! The apple and cinnamon porridge aka wallpaper paste! Nasty stuff and best swallowed whole with black coffee, cos there was no way I could chew that stuff. Tell me it gets better?! Off now on a 12 hour shift with just me, 2 cartons of choc shakes and lots of water :(

LOL I made the same mistake as you and had the porridge on day 1. I think it's one of those to leave to when you start craving texture. I found it nearly inedible but forced it down. I have another 5 packs to get through but bought a few extra packs so will probably return most of these to my CDC in exchange for sweet shakes.

My favourite shakes so far are Choc Mint (lovely) and Cappuccino. The Cappuccino is great with crushed ice as it's similar to an iced latte and I can pretend I got it in Starbucks :). I'm even thinking of getting a Frappuccino glass from Starbucks so that I can have my Cappuccino shake on the train into work....

Chocolate shakes are good although I haven't tried the choc tetra yet.

Last edited:
I havent tried the porridge as dont normally like it. I hope you enjoy the choc tetras - i love them, but everyones tastes are different. My favourite is also the choc mint - could live off that one!! x

Hi there....

yep, porridge definitely an acquired taste and not a good first choice! Did you blend it or mix it?? Blending everything makes it taste so much better.

i would stick to the shakes myself, for a week or so then venture into the world of porridge...although personally the original one tastes so much better; unless you eat so much of it, you now cant stomach any of it at all *points finger at herself* :D

my weekly order is the same from my CDC
7 x choc tetras
7 x choc shakes
7 x choc bars!!! lololololol:p:p:p

Hope you have more success with the other flavours

Good Luck
anni
xxxxxx

I cook my porridge on the hob in a saucepan with skimmed milk 140ml's (im on SS+ so have a milk allowance) it tastes sooooooooooo much better!!!

I think porridge is like mix a mousse. Its definately an acquired art in the making of it. I've only ever had a couple of rouge sachets gone wrong and thats because the water I used was too hot causing bit lumps (salty big lumps) and I also used the "recommended" amount of water. Now I add an extra 50mls or so and never had a probelm with it.

And I never use a blender either for the porridge!

Ooooh, what a good idea about the frappuccino glass from starbucks - think I'm going to get myself one as I love the cappuccino shakes blended with ice.
I love the Apple & Cinnamon porridge, but understand that it's not to everyone's taste. The first week really is trial & error with your likes & dislikes, but there is bound to be a few that you think are yummy! Choc mint is also a yummy shake & again blended with ice is like melted ice cream.

HI-

I'm new it's my first day today. I did this a few months ago and lost 10lbs but gave up. I've put 3 back on and didn't want to slip. I really want to have a bmi of 25.
When I did this before I tried the porridge and it was yuck! Definately won't be having it again.
Off to meet my CDC now-

I also think the porridge ir awful! I ahd the app and cin and the original on the first 2 days and thought I'd never stick to it if this is what the diet was going to be like. But I am now on my 6 thday and have decided just to stick to the shakes. I hate vanilla but love the strawberry and chocolate. I am just going to buy 1 or 2 new flavours each with rahter than be stuck with them.

But I will order some vanilla and then I use it my coffe my using a little in a mug, make a paste with cold water and then add the coofee and boiling water.

Good luck an don't get disheartened. It will take us a while to see what wee like. I swapped my soups and porridge I had left for shakes or I'd end up cheating if I had to force them down.

i know everyone has said it but the choc mint is beautiful!!.. Im gutted i didnt get a whole weeks worth cos now im having to ration them! Also the butterscotch was quite sweet for the sweet tooths!.. Oh and the oriental chilli was a success also. :) woop woop.

Dont reckon i could stomach the porridge yet...

Jess x

I agree about the porridge it is vile. I took 7 in my first week, and promptly took them straight back and changed them. I swear by Banana and chocolate tetra's blitzed in a blender with ice, they make gorgeous thick shakes. I literally just buy these, and cranberry bars, which are also lovely.

sorry you had a bad experience with your porridge.. but smile about it!!!
Mine is never chewable! I always make it with more water than suggested and i mix it with a spoon... It is licious!

Don't give up on it!
Try it again in a few days maybe....
It does get better, the first few days are hard anyway.... But won't be long before like me you are into week 10 and beyond!!

xx

I tried the carton on Chocolate today. It was ok, just ok :( I'm now trying to decide what soup to have. I've drank nearly a litre of water but have had 4 mugs of coffee on top of that and as that counts, thats not bad for me.

You will also find your tastes change as you go through the diet, I used to be able to only have choc mint at first, I remember my first shake ever and I sat and cried, I then discovered one I liked and as I progressed I tried different ones and they all got better, well apart from cheese and broccoli soup (dont even know if they still do that!)

Stick with the ones you can manage for now, it really is trial and error. Im starting back soon and will sympathise properly!

Yes, they still do the cheese and broccoli soup. How do I know? Cos I've just made it up and its disgusting!! How am I supposed to eat this?? I'm not doing very well here. I want to bin it but I havent got any spare. I'm dreading drinking this!

it is true that tastes change...
when i first started everythign tasted very chemically to me but now I can honestly say most things are nice.
Your tastebuds have been treated to so many flavours etc from your diet, that this 'food' will taste odd at first. Some people take longer to get used to it...
I hate Cheese and broccoli by the way! And none of us can like everything.... Try the tetras frozen let them defrost slightly, and they really are lovely.
You really need to be firm with yourself to get through the first few days, you will make it!!!!
x

I have got to bin this soup and will have to starve til tomorrow :(

Can you have another pack and ask your cdc to pop one in the psot that you will pay for at your next meeting?? I did that a few times due to trial and error and she was happy to do so.

They also did a leek and potato soup, again, it may still be there, that was vile too, but I hated veg at first and then loved it in the end!

I've gone past the hunger now. I bolted down half the soup and almost gagged. I'm sure I have the leek and potato soup too. Sooner I get rid of that, the better.

Back