My first SW weigh in!

Okay, so that's that bit over with! Joined Huntingdon SW tonight with my mate. Feeling really excited, especially now that I'm part of Minimins. SW Leader was great, said to keep my first goal realistic so I don't get let down if I don't get there straight away.

Current weight: 12st 3lb
Goal weight: 11st 7lb
Ideal weight: 11st

The first time I did SW, Extra Easy had just been introduced and I thought I'd be able to just go to the classes for a couple of weeks, then do it myself. But my weight just started creeping up and up :sigh:, for two main reasons:

1. I stopped keeping a food diary
2. I wasn't filling a third of my plate with Superfree foods

I'm wheat intolerant, so my SW Leader has said she'll send me the list of foods I can have, particularly for HEX's. I can post them if anyone's interested/if that's allowed (as I said, I'm new here!)

Here's to my first week!
:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Good luck for your first week! :D Enjoy all the delicious free foods!

Well done for taking the first step of your weight-loss journey and re-joining Slimming World.
Also, welcome to Minimins. There are some really great people on the forum who are always more than happy to help, should you feel unsure of anything.
All the best of luck :D
xxx

Hi - me too, in Sale Manchester. 14st 1lb - so plenty of work for me to do. Hopefully to loose 2st before Xmas?

Good luck pepsi's mum!!

Jainw- 2 stone is definitely achievable by Xmas, my start weight was 14 stone 6.5lbs so not to far off yours and I have lost 15lbs in 7 weeks so far x

Thanks everyone. And especially hi to Jainw, great to know I'm not the only new girl! Two stone by Xmas - that's a pound a week so very achievable. Good luck, looking forward to seeing how we all get on. I've just had yummy mexican chicken casserole - syn free on Extra Easy and probably on Red. Even Mr H (other half) tucked in and said, "If you can make SW food taste this good, I'm more than happy". High praise indeed!

Ta ta for now xx

I'd love a love a list of the foods you can have because I've recently worked out that I'm wheat intolerant myself. Good luck on your sw journey xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Little Strawberry, I find that I end up having to go for a lot of gluten free stuff. My SW Leader gave me a list of gluten frees that you can have as HEXBs:

Glutafin gluten-free:
57g fibre wheat/gluten free bread rolls
2 slices fibre loaf
2 slices fibre, part-baked loaf
2 slices white bread, sliced loaf
5 high fibre crackers
Glutano gluten free:
3 Crackerbread

Hearty’s gluten free:
30g bag Soy Crunchies, salsa flavour
Juvela gluten-free:
57g fibre loaf

Vogels gluten free:
42g Vita Pro cereal

Kallo gluten free:
8 organic low fat corn cakes, thin slice, lightly salted

Orgran gluten-free:
28g muesli with fruit and almonds
Rite-Diet gluten-free:
57g fibre bread rolls
2 slices fibre loaf

Tru Free gluten free:
5 crackers (Herb & Onion, High fibre, spicy varieties)

Tru Free Herb & Onion crackers are a personal favourite of mine. I also like oatcakes, but they have to be synned - look out though, I've found that only Nairns brand are wheat-free. Another swap I've done is quinoa (think it's pronounced Keen-noir) instead of cous cous. It's nice cooked with a bit of chicken stock. I also eat rice noodles, the thin ones are really good, and gluten free pasta isn't bad either. Quinoa is definitely a free food on green and EE, So far as I know, so is gluten free pasta and rice noodles.

Good luck with the wheat-free diet, the one good thing I have found is that it makes me think twice before reaching for a slice of cake, and if someone knows you have a wheat intolerance, they don't try to twist your arm like they do if you say you're on a diet!

Hope this helps, since I've cut out wheat, I feel so much better. xxx

Thanks Pepsi's Mum :). I've gone from eating lots of pasta to eating rice most of the time and am already bored of it so will have to try out some of those :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back