my first tablet!!!!!

lins74

Morning all

Hope everyone is doing well. Bloody awful weather over here in Belfast. :sigh:

Can anyone advise me whether or not I should take my first tablet with breakfast, or should I wait until lunch? I was just wondering if I take it with breakfast maybe it would work on the fat from my last meal last night??!!

Not sure what to do.

Lins

XX

Morning,

You have to take the tablet within the hour of eating the food, so if you take it with b.fast it wouldnt do anything with your food from last night.

Good luck on xenical.

Hi Lins,
My tip is to take the tablet before every meal so you won't be tempted to eat anyting with a high fat content.

Good luck! :)

Hi Lins
I'm with Clare on this one. Take the tablet before you eat as then you won't be tempted by anything you shouldn't be.
Good luck with it. I'm on day 6 now and only now has the fear factor started to ease a bit and I am not so terrified about having an accident in public! Infact I have not had any side effects - touch wood!
As long as you stick to the 5% and 15g rule you should have no problems.
Good luck and let us know how you get on

Kate x x x

I used to take my tablet just before I ate my first mouthful, so I'm another one who recommends the take the tablet before the meal :D
Good luck xxx

I take it with my meal, I just meant in terms of it affecting other meals as it specifies it has to be taken within the hour it wouldnt have affected last nights dinner. :)

i take mine before too, gets it out of the way and then i can relax eating my meal.
good luck im only on day 11

sharon x

Morning all

Hope everyone is doing well. Bloody awful weather over here in Belfast. :sigh:

Can anyone advise me whether or not I should take my first tablet with breakfast, or should I wait until lunch? I was just wondering if I take it with breakfast maybe it would work on the fat from my last meal last night??!!

Not sure what to do.

Lins

XX

Hi, you need to take it after each meal every 4 hours or whenever you have your meal. They don't take very long to work so it will work on the food because it doesn't get digested right away. However, if there's no fat in the meal then you don't need to take it at all.

I always take mine just before I eat with breakfast, lunch & tea :)

THIS IS WOT I READ ON XENICAL SITE, JUST JUST CURIOUS AS U ALL SAY TAKE BEFORE FOOD......XENICAL SAY TOO TAKE AFTER FOOD...............HAPPY READING X

Take Xenical within 1 hour after a meal that contains some fat (no more than 30% of the calories for that meal). Xenical is usually taken 3 times daily. If you skip a meal or you eat a meal that does not contain any fat, skip your Xenical dose for that meal. The fat content of your daily diet should not be greater than 30% of your total daily caloric intake. Avoid a diet that is high in fat. High-fat meals taken in combination with Xenical can increase your risk of unpleasant side effects on your stomach or intestines. Read the label of all food items you consume, paying special attention to the number of servings per container. Your doctor, nutrition counselor, or dietitian can help you develop a healthy eating plan.

The following was copied from the manufacturers website...

When do I take Xenical?

The usual dose of Xenical is one 120mg capsule taken three times a day, immediately before, during or up to 1 hour after a meal (or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist).

It's working for us so don't see any need to change our routine :)

Hi blue i agree u wasnt stating to change dietjust advice and support which i take on board take care now xx

I was not suggesting u change your routine , i was merely trying to provide some information to help other people from info i received on the internet............maybe i think before offering advice next time

I wasn't trying to offend you.

I have taken Xenical in the past and never taken it before a meal, though I understand why some of you do so, as not to be tempted.

I use to take it after my meal and up to an hour after. It didn't affect the Xenical working for me anyway.

Back