My first week on The Cambridge Diet

plumpelicious

Well I've got over my first week day 4 I have to say was my day from hell, dizzy, headache, emotional etc etc but I got through it and had my first weigh in today........ 11lbs lost and a total of 9 inches lost, no it wasn't easy for the first few days but I can honestly say it gets better and I feel so much more alive !!!!! x

Well done! Just keep on and you will achieve your goal! Don't forget the reason you are doing this. Best of luck my friend!

Thanks Gary. How are you doing with yours?

I cheated tonight and went out for Chinese but straight back on CD tomorrow.

Hope a don't put to much weight back on

Hi There, I am Day 2 into my CD and feeling ok Day 1 was horrendous, have you been weighting a week until the first weigh or checking it out daily?

Hey how are you getting on with your CD?

A started back on wed after a 4 week break from it.

Yeah when a first started it a was weighing my self all the time but a was going to my consultant every week to get weight.

Your probably better just getting weight once a week cause you can go up and down a few lbs a day.

The results are great though.

What step are you doing?
X

I lost nearly two stone last summer on the Cambridge diet, lost 13lbs in the first week. I couldn't stick with it very long as I felt too tired even on step 2. My friend swears by it and has just started again.

Good luck :)

The major problem I found with the Cambridge Diet was that I didn't complete the steps after losing the weight... I thought I could manage it but I obviously couldn't.
My willpower is very strong so sticking to the shakes for a few months wasn't a problem (took around 4-5 months to complete). I just didn't allow my social diary to take into account that I should have regularly built up my calorie intake.

I'm on day 4 of CD and feeling really good, only had headache and tiredness on day 1 and fingers crossed I've been good since!

Even though today has killed me not having a sunday lunch :-( lol

But I'm hoping this is finally the diet for me lol :) x

Well done not having the Sunday lunch!

I am starting today. trying to drink plenty of water. Little bit affraid of the next few days....

I've just started toady. Day 1 wasn't that bad. I hope I can do it! Ia have lots to loose:((

Sure you will munchkin! Gets easier after today. Keep drinking that water!

I forgot to drink all my water today. Had about 6 glasses though.

Hey all! i'm Half way thru Day 2 of step 2 CWP today and woke up with a really bad headache. Can't be dehydration coz I had my water allowance properly yesterday... Still managed to go to the gym thinking it'll help a bit which it did but then headache and nausea returned. Did anyone else feel like this in the beginning too? Is this normal and how long does it last?!

Did you do step 1 Ams?
Is it possible you could be entering ketosis?
Or that you've switched from step 1 to 2 and knocked yourself OUT of ketosis (meaning you are no longer burning stored fat) and your body is trying to use you (still very minimal) reserves of glycogen?
Oooor maybe you're just coming down with something.

I've not started CD yet. I've read a lot about it and understand the biological processes, but hopefully someone with actual experience will be along to help you soon. Here's hoping you feel better soon!

Hey all,

Enjoy reading your chat. I've complete week one on CD. Weigh in was last night and I lost 8lbs so very happy :) Another 80lbs to go. How much water does everyone manage to drink a day? I really struggle somedays. It just gets so boring!

Holly x

Back