My first week so far advise really appreciated

letsgetlosing

Hey all,
Started on Monday with a friend, looking forward to our weigh in on Monday.
This week has been excellent, have really enjoyed it. But think I may be eating too much pasta( 150-200g) Could anyone check my Greenmeal plan and let me know if im on track?
Tues-
B- 2 weetabix(HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HE)
L- 2 slices of WM toast (HEB) with 2 poached eggs
D- 150-200g Pasta with arabiatta sauce with sprinkling of cheese (HEA)
Snacks- pear, banana x 2,
Wed
L- Frittata with potato, tomatoe, peas and sweetcorn and 3 eggs, 4 chopped half fat cheese triangles (HEA). Side salad of potato salad made with fat free natural yoghurt and salt and pepper.
D- 150g Pasta with 80g tin of tuna (hEB), sweetcorn and I table spooon of half fat mayo (2 syns?)
Snacks- fruit, 0% fat yoghurt
Syns- mayo, 4 rich teas

I would also have a glass of wine in the evening and use up some syns, but have had a chest infection for past 5 days and so I dont want to drink.

I always use my HEs, I try to have about 10 syns a day and find I dont really snack as im not really hungry between meals( prob cos my meals are big!)
Btw I have 3 stone to lose.

Last edited:
So you're having your he's and syns, not snacking too much and having 10 syns a day? Perfect.
It's understandable that you're a bit wary in your first week because the plan is full of yummy food! You just have to believe in it, it does work.
With the pasta, you should eat as much as it takes to make you full, but I would suggest that if you think you're having too much , to cut down on the pasta and have some suoerfree veg mixed in with it to bulk it out. In general, looking at you plans, I think you should add a bit more superfree veg.
Are you weighing the pasta dry or cooked? I never weighed it starting off but now I would say that 100g dry weight is fine starting off.

letsgetlosing said:
Hey all,
Started on Monday with a friend, looking forward to our weigh in on Monday.
This week has been excellent, have really enjoyed it. But think I may be eating too much pasta( 150-200g) Could anyone check my Greenmeal plan and let me know if im on track?
Tues-
L- 2 slices of WM toast (HEB) with 2 poached eggs
D- 150-200g Pasta with arabiatta sauce with sprinkling of cheese (HEA)
Snacks- pear, banana x 2,
Wed
L- Frittata with potato, tomatoe, peas and sweetcorn and 3 eggs, 4 chopped half fat cheese triangles (HEA). Side salad of potato salad made with fat free natural yoghurt and salt and pepper.
D- 150g Pasta with 80g tin of tuna (hEB), sweetcorn and I table spooon of half fat mayo (2 syns?)
Snacks- fruit, 0% fat yoghurt
Syns- mayo, 4 rich teas

I would also have a glass of wine in the evening and use up some syns, but have had a chest infection for past 5 days and so I dont want to drink.

I always use my HEs, I try to have about 10 syns a day and find I dont really snack as im not really hungry between meals( prob cos my meals are big!)
Btw I have 3 stone to lose.

You need lots more superfree food :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thanks for your replies.
Super free confuses me. Am i right in thinking it is the less startchy, carby veg that are considered Super free. Am quite picky with my veg but how about if i include some cauli and broccoli. Can easily make a soup up with these for my lunch today;)
In my fritata I always include mushrooms.
Fruit wise- apples and strawberrys?
Thank you for your advise, SW is kind of overwhelming if you have never heard of Green Red Extra Easy HEB !!!!

Adding those veg in would be great. Your menu's look fine. I'm a greenie too and you don't have to have lots of superfree but it is desirable from a healthy eating, best practice and portion control perspective. Good luck!

Personally I don't recommend having the same free food at more than one meal. You had pasta at both lunch and dinner, both of them in fairly significant amounts. If you were really hungry then fair enough but if you were just eating because your could then then that is not so good. But there is a lot more to green days than just pasta! There are so many free foods on green I would try to vary what you are eating at each meal. And yes, more superfree foods would help with the pasta portion control.

Circes said:
Personally I don't recommend having the same free food at more than one meal. You had pasta at both lunch and dinner, both of them in fairly significant amounts. If you were really hungry then fair enough but if you were just eating because your could then then that is not so good. But there is a lot more to green days than just pasta! There are so many free foods on green I would try to vary what you are eating at each meal. And yes, more superfree foods would help with the pasta portion control.

I thought the OP had had pasta at both and then realised it's two seperate days and it's both days Dinner.

Yes wasnt twice in day, but was 2 dinners on consecutive days.
Today am cooking up veggie soup (cauli, carrot and peas) .
For dinner I will cook a chicken casserole to share with Dh. Plan to have 1 chicken breast between us and add peppers, mushrooms, tomato. Will serve with rice! Yum Yum and no pasta today!

Looks fine to me, although, actually, I thought "it doesn't look like a lot of food" on first read over, and I think it's because you've not got a lot of super free in there (I know it's not "essential" for green, but I lose a lot better when I've got more of it in there and it's generally the healthiest framework to build your eating on).

SFree is non-carby fruit and veggies - I stick brocolli, mange tout, fine beans and baby corn in just about everything now, and veggie soup's a wonderful way to get it in (check the recipe section of the forums for some super recipes) :D.

Welcome to SW, I'm sure you're going to do awesomely.

Peas and Sweetcorn aren't superfree.... but as you're on green this is fine just be aware if you switch to EE
Are you weighing all your A's and B's as you said a sprinkling of cheese...
You dont need to weigh your pasta on a green day, and as a green you dont need the 1/3 superfree....
Are you drinking alot?

Thanks for that Peachy7.
Hi, yes am on Green. Have started this Monday and so am gonna give it a few weeks to see what works best for me.
I like to weigh my pasta as I have a tendency to over eat it! And yes I weighed the cheese. Again, cheese is another weakness of mine so has to be controlled!!

Back