My First Week

SlimBecca

Hello! I joined my local SW group on Monday, so only 2 days until my first weigh in.

I haven't found this week too difficult, although i'm struggling to decide what to eat - i'm used to living on ready meals and tins of rice pudding, so cooking from scratch is new to me!

I still find syn values complicated, possibly because i've done weight watchers on and off for nearly 7 years, so i'm used to the points system.

I've done SW once before and found that my weight loss was very slow compared to WW. I'm hoping that now I go to the gym regularly, so I'm not relying completely on my diet to lose weight, that SW might work better for me this time.

Just thought I'd say hello!!

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your weight loss. I'm an ex WW too and I now find the SW plan much more flexible.

thanks for replying :)

i find SW more flexible than WW too... in all respects except one - eating out.

i understand that most places have options that i could order that are free on SW... but when i eat out, i don't want to eat chicken salad or a jacket potato - i could have that at home! on WW, i could pick whatever i wanted and work out the points value based on the nutritional values (which are now available on most restaurant websites) and plan the rest of my week around it... but SW don't provide syn values for most restaurants and the online syn calculator seems to be completely random! i went to Chiquitos with my boyfriend last night and really fancied chicken & ribs, so i had it (and the chips too, which i know i probably should have avoided), but i have no idea how many syns were in it. i've just decided to not have any syns today and tomorrow and i did double the cardio i usually do in the gym today.

i know SW can only provide syn values for things that they can get the nutritional info for, but WW points values are so much more accessible and i think eating out is something i'm going to struggle with on SW. most restaurants have nutritional info on their website, so what more do SW need?

luckily, i don't eat out often (which is why i don't force myself to pick the healthiest options when i do), so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

Last edited:
sorry... that was a bit of a long and ranty post! lol

First of all welcome to the forum and good luck on your weight loss journey. Maybe picking up a food directory from your class will help you as that has quite alot of eating out syn values in

thanks for the tip - i didn't see the food directory when i went on monday. i'll ask my consultant about it next week :)

Back